Dubai Travel Answers

change location
ara2's Profile Photo

dubai on or around Eid

by ara2 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 4:26 AM

Hi

My husband and I are planning to have really short stopover in dubai on 6/12/08 and flying out on 8/12/08 (morning).

I think the Eid will fall on either 7/8/9 Dec so I would like to know if it is a good time to visit Dubai on the eid day or the eid eve - public transport-wise, accommodation wise..Are there any souqs,shops,malls, or other attraction open on eid or on its eve?

Our rough itinerary is:

6/12/08 - arrive DBX early morning - sleep / stay in airport for the night. During the day plan to visit Deira & Bur Dubai (Old Dubai) area - Souqs..Museum..etc..heritage village Bastakia..Stay in hotel in Old Dubai area for the night.
7/12/08 - Beachfront sighseeing - Jumeirah area..Burj Al Arab..Mall of Dubai..etc..Going back to airport to catch flight at 3 am 8/12/08.

Say if 8th is the Eid, 7th is the Eid eve, is it easy to get public transport to airport? Should we expect massive traffic jam so we need to allocate extra time to reach airport?
We need to check out of hotel on noon 7/12. Is there any safe left luggage facility available? or any other good suggestion re luggage problem?
Any other places we should add to the itinerary? We are more into sightseeing - not really for shopping or lazing on beaches or any luxurious thing. We are both poor students and just having stopover en route to visiting our families back in Malaysia.

Thanks in advance!!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dubai Travel Answer Locations