Dubai Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, How much spending money needed?

by eok56 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Heading to Abu Dhabi and Dubai shortly for a week... have accommodation sorted our schedule is pretty much sorted, just can't work out how much money I will need...Everyone seems to have a different oppinion??

This is our plan

Day 1: Concert at Atlantis the palm hotel (tickets paid for)

Day 2: Brunch in Abu Dhabi and out that night

Day 3:Some sights in Dubai, followed by Dubai World Cup and out for the night, stay in Dubai that night (tickets for races and accomodation paid for)

Day 4: Lunch in Dubai, souq, Dubai mall and some more Dubai sites, and going to the bar in the Armani hotel in the Burj Khalifa to finish before driving back to Abu Dhabi that evening.

Day 5: Mosque in Abu Dhabi and some more abu Dhabi sites and going on a dessert safari in the evening

Day 6: Pool day--Relax and walking the F1 track before we leave for our very early flight home!

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, How much spending money needed?

by xymmot Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Looks like you are going high class and not on a budget, but if you have the. Tickets and accommodations paid for, there is food and extra activities that you might want to try like driving that Ferrari on the F-1 track they lay out. People on a budget I suggest 100 usd a day, but for you and the fun you like to have, 200 usd will be fine..sand dune racing is always fun.

Cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, How much spending money needed?

by eok56 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Thanks Tommy, doesn't sound too bad! I hope it works out about this price! Thanks for extra suggestions but I don't think we have an hour spare in our schedule! :)

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:46 AM

"...going to the bar in the Armani hotel in the Burj Khalifa to finish before driving back to Abu Dhabi that evening."
    I hope you're not driving, there is zero tolerance for drink driving, not one drop of alcohol is permitted for drivers.

by eok56 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thanks Colin but I'm sure one of us will be able to refrain from drinking!

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM

If money is not a problem than you should enjoy all the good things coming on the way because a buffet is always better than a A la carte menu just if you can afford it :-))

by eok56 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I wish money wasn't a problem!

Budgeting to have about 4500 dirham for the six days but our concert tickets, dubai world cup tickets and accomodation in dubai is paid for outside of this...

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Dh4500 for just spending money is more than enough, unless you really go to town in 5-star hotels. We eat out a lot and rarely pay more than Dh100 for the two of us for excellent meals in good restaurants. It's only if you eat in hotels and run up a drinks bill that you'll think it's expensive.

by eok56 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Just back from the most fantastic holiday ever!!! And to answer my own question I spent €815, in or around 4000 dirham...the things that we had pre booked (races, concert and hotel) came to €180, so in total spending money for the week came to just over €1000.
    And it was the holiday of a life time, had the most fantastic time, I was writing down key moments as I went along as it was so fantastic and I have put together a blog of the week if anyone is interested!! You will see that we didn't hold back, only thing is I didn't do any shopping... but I figured you could do this anywhere in the world...
    adventuresintheuae2013.wordp...

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Good to hear that :-))

by colin_bramso Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Don't forget to write it all up on your pages here on VT.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dubai Travel Answer Locations