Dubai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel and hotel assistance

by bijalpatel Online Now Yesterday

I want to know about hotels and accomodation options which are affordable near to Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Sports Complex - Dubai - United Arab Emirates . Preferably at walking distance. It will be very helpful to me if you can provide near by hotel names. I am very new to Dubai and also transportation options from airport to hotel and hotel to stadium and stadium to hotel. we are 5 people.

more
    • eFahad's Profile Photo

Anyone attending the next "2014 HR Summit & Expo" ?

by eFahad Online Now Yesterday

Hey there earth wonderers..
      Just curious if anyone attending the upcoming "2014 HR Summit & Expo" in Dubai ! I just signed up for it (business trip).

Cheers,
      Fahad

more
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Looking for hotel in Dubai UAE.

by mccaw Online Now 15 hours ago

Thank you for all advices to London.
      Three of us will be in Dubai UAE from 8 to 11 of October this year. We've found an Ibis hotel on SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD, but not sure how far is this from the city centre. Where exactly is the city centre? Is it where the tallest building with the name Khalifa is?
      If we are to stay there, how far is it from the city and what transport to take and how long in time is the journey going to take?
      thank you in advance.

more
    • Please advise regarding Taxi Cost

by ahlalsabr Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I need to know how much does it cost to go by taxi from Ivory Grand Apartments Hotel in Barsha 1 area to Festival City area. please advise regarding the cost. Thanx alot :)

more
    • Desert safari...

by Delhiwings Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Is desert safari a worth option in a 4 days stay in dubai?

more
    • Transportation

by Boubacar0 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM

How much is from Dubai to Jeddah by bus or by train?and how long it takes? Thank you.

more
    • Desert safari

by laws83 Online Now 4 hours ago

Hi, I am looking at doing an evening desert safari when in Duabi later this year. I sometimes suffer from motion sickness and need to judge if I can cope with the 4WD over the dunes. Has anyone got any experiences to share/tips or info on best tour companies to go through?

more
    • 1st week December good to visit dubai?

by Gojuryu Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, im travel on the 1st week of december to Dubai, i wonder if the wheater is good enouth to catch so sun, go to the beach.

and what is the best tours operators for visit the Desert safari /ride Camels, Musandam and dinner on the Dhown

Tks
      Bruno

more
    • katica.glamuzina's Profile Photo

a whole night stopover at Dubai airport - what to do?

by katica.glamuzina Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I'm flying to Australia via Dubai soon and my stopover is from 1am till 10am the next morning. I was wondering if it's worth going to the city at night and if there are maybe any organized tours from the airport at night?

Thank you,

Kacha

more
    • Desert safari

by laws83 Online Now 4 hours ago

Hi, I am looking at doing an evening desert safari when in Duabi later this year. I sometimes suffer from motion sickness and need to judge if I can cope with the 4WD over the dunes. Has anyone got any experiences to share/tips or info on best tour companies to go through?

3 Answers 1 hours ago
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Looking for hotel in Dubai UAE.

by mccaw Online Now 15 hours ago

Thank you for all advices to London.
      Three of us will be in Dubai UAE from 8 to 11 of October this year. We've found an Ibis hotel on SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD, but not sure how far is this from the city centre. Where exactly is the city centre? Is it where the tallest building with the name Khalifa is?
      If we are to stay there, how far is it from the city and what transport to take and how long in time is the journey going to take?
      thank you in advance.

1 Answer 1 hours ago
    • travel and hotel assistance

by bijalpatel Online Now Yesterday

I want to know about hotels and accomodation options which are affordable near to Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Sports Complex - Dubai - United Arab Emirates . Preferably at walking distance. It will be very helpful to me if you can provide near by hotel names. I am very new to Dubai and also transportation options from airport to hotel and hotel to stadium and stadium to hotel. we are 5 people.

• eFahad's Profile Photo

Anyone attending the next "2014 HR Summit & Expo" ?

by eFahad Online Now Yesterday

Hey there earth wonderers..
      Just curious if anyone attending the upcoming "2014 HR Summit & Expo" in Dubai ! I just signed up for it (business trip).

Cheers,
      Fahad

• Please advise regarding Taxi Cost

by ahlalsabr Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I need to know how much does it cost to go by taxi from Ivory Grand Apartments Hotel in Barsha 1 area to Festival City area. please advise regarding the cost. Thanx alot :)

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • katica.glamuzina's Profile Photo

a whole night stopover at Dubai airport - what to do?

by katica.glamuzina Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I'm flying to Australia via Dubai soon and my stopover is from 1am till 10am the next morning. I was wondering if it's worth going to the city at night and if there are maybe any organized tours from the airport at night?

Thank you,

Kacha

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Transportation

by Boubacar0 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM

How much is from Dubai to Jeddah by bus or by train?and how long it takes? Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • 1st week December good to visit dubai?

by Gojuryu Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, im travel on the 1st week of december to Dubai, i wonder if the wheater is good enouth to catch so sun, go to the beach.

and what is the best tours operators for visit the Desert safari /ride Camels, Musandam and dinner on the Dhown

Tks
      Bruno

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Desert safari...

by Delhiwings Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Is desert safari a worth option in a 4 days stay in dubai?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • Things to do

by RSRobosa Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM

For 3 days stay by end of July, what are eventful things to do in Dubai?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • Things of Interest During 8hrs layover in Dubai

by anveshkumark Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Hi,

I am Indian having US Visa. I having a layour of 8hrs in Dubai during a visit to India coming Jan 2015. I would be in Dubai 1st Jan 2015 around 7PM, will have layout till 2nd Jan morning 3AM. Can some one help me with answers to below:

1. Do i get on arrival Transit visa for going out of airport and see City? Or do i need to apply transit visa before starting form US?
      2. Tell me some of the interesting places to visit in Dubai?
      3. How i can spend time? if i am not able to go out of airport?

Thanks,
      Anvesh

4 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • Do i need a transit visa to Dubai

by Jia35 Online Now May 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I am from Seychelles and I will be travelling to Qatar on Emirates Airlines passing through Dubai.. Do i need a transit visa?

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 10:21 PM
    • Employer never send work visa after giving offer letter

by sagar82 Online Now May 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hi All,
      I was in dubai on tourist visa that is on first week of march 2014 and I got job within 10 days. My employer ask me start working on immediate basis as some project on way and he has urgency, But when i asked i cant work without tourist visa he convinces by saying employer is more responsible then employee in case anything wrong happen, Also he was willing give in writing the same. also he said he has fly to USA on short notice so my presence is required so he can do the knowledge transfer.( he never fly to USA & non of the porject on bord) I worked for 20days
      He given me offer letter also business card within week, but when i was asking about visa process he was alway saying its in process and i will get in next week. Finally done with my tourist visa and last day he was saying i wll send visa in coming tree days, unfortunately its almost two months and now from last one month he is saying its MOL problem. Please help as he sign offer letter, given business card to me, now I come to know he hired another employee and not cooprating with me. what should I do ? shall I wait more/or believe on this guy ? what ever he is doing is it legal ? what is the best action i should take in order to get from all

regards
      deshpandesagar82@yahoo.com

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • Travel to dubai from qatar

by Fernz Online Now May 24, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I am staying in qatar on a work visa. I am planning to go to dubai along with my friends through road during the holidays of ramadan. What are the requirements to be fulfilled??

• Meeting Emiratis

by testquestion Online Now May 21, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Hello I wanted to ask the following 2 questions.
      1. Is it ok to invite a female emirati to dinner that you met online and she wants to go to dinner or could that get you in trouble?
      2. What gift would be appropriate in such a case?

5 Answers May 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • shorts????

by travelmunkey Online Now May 21, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Im in Dubai for 3 days as a stop over to Mauritius and have packed mwily cargo shorts which cover my knees are they ok to wear in places like the mall.

3 Answers May 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • Living with fiance

by kasee69 Online Now May 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hey, I am an American citizen who is planning on visiting Dubai in July during the month of Ramadan. I was stationed in the middle east for two years in the military so I am aware of the rules of Ramadan, but I wanted to ask one question. I am going there to visit my fiance of 3 years, who is currently working in Dubai. I am planning on getting a hotel/apartment and want to stay with my fiance for the 2 weeks i am there. Will this be a problem with the country being under sharia law? I have researched this question but have never gotten a direct answer.
      Thanks for your time

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Showers while in transit

by norah123 Online Now May 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Our Qantas flight has three and a half hours transit time in Dubai arriving and departing from Terminal 1 I think. Is there somewhere we can shower and freshen up in this time and how do we find it?

5 Answers May 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • AyliinF's Profile Photo

...a few questions about Dubai?! :)

by AyliinF Online Now May 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hi,People :) I am Aylin and I am from Bulgaria :)
      I am planning a vacation to Dubai in July this year to Dubai and it will be my first time .So I have a few qusetions and they are :

1.What about the transfers from the airport to the hotels ,if they are not included in the price? What is better - to take a taxi (is it expensive?) or to find some transfer company(recommendations?),shuttle bus or something like that? Any suggestions?!

2. I want to book some trips and excursions and a day trip to Abu Dhabi too....Any recommended websites??
      3. The VISA ?! My passport will be stampted directly on arrival at airport ? Right?

Thanks, so much in advance ! :)

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • Burj khalifa fireworks

by suhardicamp Online Now May 4, 2014 at 10:53 PM

1. What time does the area around burj khalifa begin to be crowded at new year's eve?

2. After the firework finishes, how to get back to the hotel, considering the metro is not operating anymore during that time?

3. Is it possible to get taxi, since there're about 500.000 people flood the area?

2 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • Budget hotel but good quality?

by suhardicamp Online Now May 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hi, everybody,
      Can you please recommend me budget hotel but good quality (staff, clean, not tricky staff and not noisy)? I prefer near the metro station by walking.
      Some said ramee hotel apartment & samana al raffa hotel (bur dubai near metro) but many said that the review quite bad.
      Can you please recommend me?

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Tinalana's Profile Photo

FLIGHT TYPE 2

by Tinalana Online Now May 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM

i am actually confused its better that i narrate my experience regarding this. I travelled for about 3 hours from India to Dubai in Quatar and Emirates and 8 hours from Dubai to Lagos in Nigeria as well countinuously for 2 years but I found the seating arrangement of Quatar quite adjusting but of Emirates it was a bit conjusted. If I now talk about the most important aspect that is the food on airplane Quatar seriously had smelly, tasteless and unhygenic chicken which actually made me mad on plane and Emirates had the most wide choice of food on plane which I liked the most. So now what sould I do should I rely upon the food or the seating arrangements?? plz... help me!!

4 Answers May 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    • Dubai Metro station

by suhardicamp Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Can you explain to me a little bit about dubai metro train station? How it work?

There are 2 lines, green and red line. I've seen the station, and red one passes by the place I wanna visit. What if the metro station I'm in is green line? how do I get to red line station?

What is T1,T2,T3 and others at green line station?

I wanna visit dubai mall, mall of emirates, wafi mall and ibnu batutta, each of them can be reached by red line station. how far it is from station tu the place? for example, I get off from dubai mall station, how far the station to the dubai mall? what about others?

thanks

5 Answers May 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    • First time to Dubai...

by cmtzen Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Kindly help me maximize our stay in Dubai this November. Pls check this tentative IT. Will appreciate any input.

Day 1 AM @ mall of emirates (having second thoughts bec metro opens at 1pm) OR

Other suggestions where to go near old dubai so as not to rush back for the 3pm pick up for safari?
      PM @ desert safari til night

Day 2 AM @ dubai city tour til 1:30pm

PM @ dubai mall
      burj khalifa @ 430 and wait for the sunset view
      Watch the fountain show then Go back to dubai mall

Day 3 AM @ abu dhabi city tour

PM @ ferrari world

Day 4 AM @ burj al arab (plan to have breakfast instead of lunch so longer time to visit other places)

PM @ atlantis (if we decide not to enter the lost chamber and the water park, any other nearby attractions?)
      EVENING @ our companions will go to airport / we do the dhow cruise.

Day 5 Open for suggestions: souk madinat jumeirah, ibn batutta, Mercato, wafi, dubai marina, etc.

EVENING : airport

FYI...

1. Some of our companions are leaving one day ahead that's why we have to squeeze in all the major attractions in the first 4

days .

2. We have booked the hotel at Salahuddin Sy, Deira (green line @metro).

3. From our hotel, if we take a Metro, how long and how much does it take to arrive dubai mall? what about by taxi?

4. From hotel to burj al arab, is it better to take taxi or metro? can the taxi go inside hotel entrance (is it true that you have to walk a distance to reach hotel) .

5. From burj al arab to atlantis hotel, many suggested via monorail. how do i get to the monorail? how much

is it? From atlantis, how do we get back to hotel?

Thanks for the help! :)

4 Answers May 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • visit visa

by waqas_tabassum Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM

i was on visit visa to dubai and i have come back to pakistan on 20 march 2014 . now can i go again on visit visa any time or there is any time frame?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Burj Khalifa opening times

by fasterdog Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I am hoping to visit Burj Khalifa. I read in a recent report that it was open from 6am but when I check the burjkhalifa website it only offers tickets with time slots from 10am until 2:30pm. There are no time slots shown after 2:30pm. Or I can buy a day and night pass which allows me to go in the morning from 8:30am, and again in the evening.
      My first preference would be 6am, which I believe would be just after dawn, second preference would be 8:30am and third preference would be around 7pm so that I can see the sunset. But I can't find a way to book any of these.
      Can anyone help clarify the situation for me please?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Window seat at Burj al Arab

by fasterdog Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 5:27 AM

I am hoping to visit Burj al Arab Skyview Bar in June, either for a cocktail or for afternoon tea.
      For afternoon tea, I read somewhere that the first people in get the best tables by the windows, and the rest get seated in the remaining places. So I am guessing that the 4pm time slot would be better than 4:30pm because afternoon tea will take longer than 30 minutes and the 4pm guests will still be sitting at the windows at 4:30. Does this sound right? Also is the afternoon tea worth the money?
      Cocktails around 6:30pm might be a better option, because I would be able to see the sunset. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Again is there any way to improve the chances of getting a window seat?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • Please help me! Travel for the first time to Dubai

by SuhardiC Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM

My planned itinerary

Day 1: Arrive At Dubai at night & check-in (So it's impossible to take a tour)

Day 2: Day tour & night tour by BIG BUS TOUR

Day 3: All day in Dubai Mall, then go to At The Top Observation Deck Burj Khalifa at afternoon until night.
      Then wait for firework at midnight.

Day 4: Morning & noon free leisure, the afternoon go to SAFARI DESERT until night

Day 5: Go to atlantis hotel for THE LOST CHAMBER & AQUAVENTURE until sunset

Day 6: Morning-noon go to Emirates Mall for ski, then DUBAI MARINA CRUISE DINNER at night

Day 7: Check-out from hotel

I plan to visit Dubai, arrive on December 29th, 2014 (day 1). This is my first time in Dubai by travelling alone.
      So I need to plan well and carefully.

But I have some questions in mind that concern me. Please help me by answering these:

1. I can't decide which hotel I will stay in. I Allocate My budget for hotel approx. $500. Some people say hotels in bur dubai is affordable. Can you please recommend? I prefer near (not so far from) Dubai Mall or farther but easy to reach the metro station.

2. I got a quite affordable hotel, Ramee Apartment hotel, located on Al Rolla street. What do you think

about the hotel? Is it near dubai mall?

3. I'm going to Dubai with my friend (girl), not girlfriend, but friend only. Is it allowed for us to stay

in the same room?

4. January is winter In dubai. Is it possible if I play water (day 5) there. Is the coldness bearable?

4. What is the most efficient money-saving way to reach atlantis hotel (day 5)?

6. After watching firework until late midnight, is metro operating 24 hours? If not, how to go back to hotel?

7. How long I have to wait at metro station to get on the train? how long the interval?

8. How much the food cost in Dubai (the cheap/medium price)?

9. Is it allowed for me to bring general medicine like cold, fever, cough medicine for prevention?

10. Can I go from Dubai mall to Burj Khalifa just by walking?

11. When I check dubai mall website, the operating hour from thursday to saturday is only 10 AM until 12 AM.

Is 12 AM at noon or 12 midnight?

I will appreciate any answers, Thanks before for the help

7 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    • Budget hotels in Dubai

by mohit2426 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Can anyone of you suggest me some cheap hotels in Dubai city for month of June? My budget is till 130 AED.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • Dubai's Climate in June

by mohit2426 Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I am planning to visit Dubai in June 2014. Can anyone tell me about the climate in June?Want to know that Dubai being completely air conditioned, will climate still be an issue if I visit in June?

6 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM