Dubai Travel Answers

change location
RobKSA's Profile Photo

3-night stay in dubai

by RobKSA Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM

visiting dubai through dubai airport questions: 1. do filipinos living in saudi arabia need visa or we can get it at airport? 2. good area to stay for family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens), 3-star hotels or service apartment. 3. things to do for a 3-night stay. 4. transportation, etc. thanks for any response!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: 3-night stay in dubai

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi - we stayed in Bur Dubai and found it very convenient. We stayed at the Four Four Points Sheraton which was very nice. Transportation is easy - a combo of walking, taxis (cheap), the Hop-On/Hop-Off bus (bigbustours.com/eng/dubai/cu..., and the metro.

There's quite a bit to: Take a dhow ride along the creek, use the water taxis (abras) to get to the souks - gold souk, spice souks, etc., walk the Bastikiya area, go to the excellent Dubai Museum, stop in the Burj al Arab for tea or a meal, ski at Ski Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates, check out the aquarium and Burj Khalifa from inside the Dubai Mall, visit Diving-Heritage Village, etc., etc. It's a great place to explore and you'll run out of days before you run out of things to do! Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Where you stay and what to do depends on what your interests are. You should visit both the original city and New Dubai but you could stay in either. Bur Dubai is good if you want to be in the old city, Dubai Marinam if you want to be in New Dubai. Both have a range of hotels and hotel apartments.

For details of things to do and see have a look through our Dubai pages here on VT to see what appeals to you.

Transport is easy, by Metro, by bus, by taxi and by water buses/ferries.

• RobKSA's Profile Photo

by RobKSA Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM

thanks donna and colin. i have been looking and saved your tips colin and also jessH as i know you guys live in dubai. i have also been looking at hotels and apartments but booking mostly says not available. i just now contacted my travel agent and let him do everything thru emirates stopover. i'm not too keen in going to dubai but my family wants to go as this probably will be our last repat before i retire. i think it will be nice tho :)

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I felt the same way Rob. I didn't really want to go but my husband's best friend had moved there and they hadn't seen each other in some years. I'm not into shopping and I thought the over-the-top excessiveness would not appeal to me at all - and it didn't. But I LOVED Old Dubai and the area around the creek - the dhows and abras, and souks. It's not likely I'd go back but I'm glad I went. Enjoy!

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

if working in Dubai, you need to get your visa in order at home before going to Dubai

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai