Dubai Travel Answers

change location

Dubai Travel Pass?

by dubaionbudget Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Anyone know about the Dubai Travel Pass? How much does it cost? What are its content items? Can get it at the airport arrival?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Re: Dubai Travel Pass?

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I am not sure exactly what you mean. When we go to Dubai we purchase a NOL card. There are several types. We opted for the silver NOL card. It is valid for travel on the metro and on the buses. It is an add value card so each time we return we just top it up. Public transport in Dubai is cheap. If you use the NOL card for manyjourneys on the same day, it will stop charging you after, I think it is 14AED, so it is like a built in day pass.

You buy a NOL card at metro stations. When using a bus put the card on the NOL reader when you enter and exit and it deducts according to journey length.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Hi, welcome to VT.

I've never used the Travel Pass but one of the Dubai papers says:
    "Dubai Travel Pass contains two Nol cards each worth Dh14, information about the integrated public transport systems, maps, tourist information, things to be observed by tourists, places to visit and other key information such as telephone numbers of emergency, police, embassy and ambulance services among other important entities as well as purchase vouchers and discounted offers from both the RTA and its strategic partners."

I think the cost is currently AED65.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM

the dubai pass cost 60usd I think and it said that it will save you over1,500 through their coupons. dubai is not cheap, so if you are going to do the many adventure parks and rides, may be it is a good deal. I just get a metro card all day pass, 4usd and travel to and from all areas of Dubai. where ever it does not cover, you can take a bus or cab from the metro station.

good luck in saving money in Dubai
    cheers tommy x

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Dubai is expensive but it does not have to be. It depends what you want to do. We go to beaches - really cheap, wander around themed shopping malls - free unless you buy something, love exploring the creek - free; have visited Dubai Museum and museums on Shingdaga Waterfront - dirt cheap or free; travel by metro and bus - cheap. If you go up the tallest building, dine in the Burj al Arab and swim at Atlantis expect to pay a lot.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I agree with Irene, Dubai can be expensive or cheap depending on what you do. Many things are free or cost just a few dirhams. Also, it depends what sort of prices you're used to - for example, compared to Australia or the UK it's extremely cheap

• amal231's Profile Photo

by amal231 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I think metro travel pass can be used. It can also take you to airport. It costs 1 4 dirhams.You can check more information regarding travel passes at : http://www.customerservice.ae/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai