Dubai Travel Answers

change location
schmechi's Profile Photo

Timed tickets for Burj Khalifa

by schmechi Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

It is possible to buy timed tickets at http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/...
For instance I am able to buy a ticket for 5 pm. Is it good for going up the observation deck at any time between 5 pm and 6 pm (I realize, that you're allowed to stay at the deck as long as you want).

I realize, that the elevator takes only one minute to go up, but do I have to face (long) waiting times? Or is it sufficient to arrive at Burj Khalifa or instance at 5 pm to be at the observation deck within 15 minutes?

Unfortunately I've a very tight schedule...

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • JessH's Profile Photo

Re: Timed tickets for Burj Khalifa

by JessH Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Hi from Dubai,

I understand that you're trying to plan as efficiently as possible (considering all of your previous questions on Burj Khalifa), but sadly the fact remains: afternoon / sunset is the MOST popular time to visit the observation deck.
    Also, hundreds of other tourists also purchase tickets in advance.... and these booked tickets are indeed all timed. From my understanding:
    tickets booked ahead of time: you are allocated a certain slot.
    Pay as you arrive: admission dependent on available spaces.

At this busy time of the day there are queues for the elevator. Some days you might be lucky and it's no so bad. On other, you may find youself waiting behind a bus-load of a tourist group.

I understand that you're on a tight schedule, but even with a timed ticket it's impossible to plan how long "exactly" it will take you to get up there.....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • schmechi's Profile Photo

by schmechi Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I checked, that sunset will be at 06:23 pm, so would you advise to book for 06:00 pm or for 05:00 pm?

• Abbeythekat's Profile Photo

by Abbeythekat Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hi there

I had the same thought as you to see the sunset from the Top.
    I got some really good advice from the Burj Khalifa and that was to allow some extra time. As the time on the ticket is the time you go through the first gate...it can take 20 minutes to get to lift and you have to weight untl people come down.
    I allowed 30 minuites until the sunset.....
    I booked online and was glad I did. It was fully booked out when I arrive to collect my ticket.

However, despite being pre-paid I did have to wait in line for sometime to go through the metal detectors. There was a member of a tour party that kicked up a stink and so that held us up a bit.

You then have to walk for a bit around in a cicle. Along the way there is interesting graphics and pictures showing how they built this beautiful building. I enjoyed this until I got I got swamped by a tour party who kinda pushed me out....so after that I carried onto the lift.

At the lift you are jammed in and you zoom on up.
    At the top, there is no seating and only a small gift shop and toilets.
    When you step out on the observation deck, I suggest you take off your sunglasses as mine nearly got whipped away in the wind.
    When I went up (Sept) it was pretty hazzy...so the sunset although very pretty wasnt what I was expecting. But I did get to see the Palms and the World so that was amazing.
    I was luckly that I got to take the lift back down ahead of the crowds and by myself...and then walked out (5 min).

Also...it can take a while to hike through the mall to get to the Burj Khalifa entrance. I found the signage a little bit hard to follow....so allow a bit of time for that.

Enjoy :-)

• JessH's Profile Photo

by JessH Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM

schmechi.... book for 5pm in that case. Good luck.
    (I hope the weather is clear on the day of your visit and there's no fog / sand storm / etc.)

• schmechi's Profile Photo

by schmechi Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Done... Thank you all!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai