Dubai Travel Answers

change location
RuiPT's Profile Photo

Dubai - Luggage Service

by RuiPT Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Hi,
I´ll arrive in Dubai on the 5th of April at 5:20am in a Turkish Airlines flight. I already know that the border passage is a little slowly and probably I only leave the airport at 8:00am. What do you thing? The purpose of the trip is to make an 8 days cruise with Costa Favolosa, but we only can access to the boat at 8:00pm. And of course I want to visit the city and perhaps to make a touristic tour of the most important places Dubai as to offer.
My problem is that I don´t want to pay a hotel night only to leave the luggage, but I read that in the airport isn´t possible to leave the bags by security reasons and in the city I could use the Deira City Center Customer Service to free leave the luggage, but the center only opens at 10:00am. What you suggest that I do? Take a 2 hours taxi ride tour from airport to Deira City Center, and then leave the bags there? Can I take the Touristic Bus with my bags?
Thanks for the help I´m sure you will give me!
Regards

Rui

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Re: Dubai - Luggage Service

by TrendsetterME Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Hey,

Yes, its correct that the lines are so many in Dubai Airport at the Passport check area but they r slow, but here is the hint ... As u r facing the lines area, just on the very right lane next to wall is reserved for Quick Lane, for Business Tickets and VIP's etc, but as u r there, even u r on normal class, they make ur check and let u thru, which I took my chance several times .... :) Just try, if u r lucky, u r out in just 10 mins ...

And besides, as far as I can see, THERE IS a luggage leave facility at the airport, just read Episode Number 4 :
    dubaiairport.com/en/informat...

And for ur city tour I would suggest these, which I was satisfied w their service, clean bus, also hop on hop off service, which I like most, sothat I can "create" my own schedule on tour where to stay more or less :
    bigbustours.com/eng/dubai/cu...

So, u can have the daily panorama of the city in day time and then catch ur cruise in the evening ....

Happy Travels ...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RuiPT's Profile Photo

by RuiPT Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Thanks for the queue tip, I´ll try and perhaps like I’m with a 5 years old child nobody says anything.
    About the luggage service I already read that, but I´ve a friend that went to Dubai last month and told me that by security reasons isn´t possible to use the luggage service. Only Terminal 3 (the one used by Emirates) has a luggage service. I´ll try to email the Dubai Airport asking that.
    The BigBus Tours is my choice to know the city, because like I´ve short time in Dubai I take the Bus and only leave the bus in the must see places and I stay with a panoramic view of the city. The BigBus starts early in the morning, and I want to take as much as possible and that´s why I´ve the luggage problem.
    At the end of the day I want to “climb” the Burj Kallifa and watch the Dubai Fountains!
    Thanks for your help.
    Bye
    Rui

• RuiPT's Profile Photo

by RuiPT Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi,
    To confirm all the information that I had about this theme, I´ve made an email to Dubai Airport questioning them about this subject.
    This is it´s answer:

“Greetings Rui,
    Thanks for your email.
    Thank you for your mail regarding the availability of the Left Luggage Facility in Dubai Airport Terminal 1 Left Luggage Facility in Terminal 1 which is open 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
    This is a secure facility which can be accessed after clearing immigration and customs in the arrival area of Terminal 1. No pre-booking is required to avail this facility. However, we do not have any locker facilities for storage.
    The applicable charges are as follows:AED20/- for 12 hours or part thereof for normal size bags/suitcasesAED30/- for 12 hours or part thereof for oversize/out of gauge items.
    Payment would need to be made in Dirham’s only. There are banks/exchanges available near the Left Luggage facility.
    For any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Regards”

So the information written here was correct, they do have Luggage Service.
    Thanks to all of you that keeps the forum alive and useful.

Bye
    Rui

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

by TrendsetterME Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hey Rui, thanks for sharing the updated news from the Airport with us, have a nice journey ... :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai