Dubai Travel Answers

change location

Best time to visit Dubai

by vickyjf44 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Hi everyone,we are from Miami, where the climate is mild, most of the time hot weather
Would like to know the best time to visit, also get recommendations on hotels, 4 or 5 stars and for first time visitors, where is the best aerea to stay.
Really appreciate your help

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Durfun's Profile Photo

Re: Best time to visit Dubai

by Durfun Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Hi, Best time between late November and mid February. Unlike Miami, here the winter months are markedly milder (21-26C) but later on the temps climb rapidly reaching as high as 50C !!

The Jumeirah area has many luxury resorts & hotels (Burj Al Arab, Mina Salaam (Medinat), Al Qasr, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, etc, but that region is further out from the authentic Old Quarters & heart of the city/port.

Personally I think it's best to be around Bur Dubai or just north of the Creek (Deira).

There is a Sheraton north of the creek, and a Hyatt just south of Creek Park.
    dubai.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/...

I think for a four star, the Arabian Courtyard Hotel has a GREAT location, right opposite the awesome Dubai Museum, stone's throw from the Heritage Village, from where you can hop on an abra (water-taxi) to experience the authentic Gold & Spice sou/ks north of the creek. Also, a metro station (Khalid bin Al Waleed is also just a 5 min walk away from the hotel.

Then of course there are many hotels scattered around the massive shopping malls, eg Raffles near Wafi, and throughout the business district - in the direction of Burj Khalifa & beyond, all the way upto Ibn Battuta Mall.

There are also hotels around Jumeirah Lakes, and the lovely One & Only Mirage on the Palm Jumeirah island :-) These latter ones are great as relaxing resorts, but otherwise rather isolated from the heart of activity & the true vibe of Dubai.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM

The best time to visit Dubai

From End of September – early May) June July August is hottest months really hot I am talking about 45 C – 47 C

Www. Booking.com is great web site) for hotels) + you can read views of people who stayed in hotel.

Vicky could please inform me what nationality is: nearly 33 countries can visa at Dubai airport – but Canadian citizens need a visa in Advance.

• Re: Best time to visit Dubai

by vickyjf44 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Thank you for the reply. As American citizen we don't need visa.

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM

indeed you are right, you will get your visa at the airport. I am British I also don't need a visa too.

Enjoy your self in Dubai) if you any other question please feel free to email me on VT i will try my best to answer your questions.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Hi - I agree with Durfun's suggestion of staying in the Bur Dubai area. It's very convenient to any place you'd want to see - and in walking distance of quite a bit. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton Bur Dubai and found it to be excellent. Enjoy!

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Dubai is really two separate parts now, the old original city and New Dubai. I agree with the others who suggest the original city, somewhere on the Creek would be my choice. Depends on your budget but you can check out Sheraton Dubai Creek and Radisson Blu Deira Creek.

Avoid May through September (when it's hot and humid) and the weather the rest of the year is good.

• JessH's Profile Photo

by JessH Online Now Jan 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Hi from Dubai :-)

Best time, weather-wise? October to April... May starts getting humid... June until August are unbearable... September things cool down a little but still extremely humid and uncomfortable.

There are numerous hotels... depends on what type of holiday you are looking for... do you mostly want to explore the city and the desert? Or do you want/need a hotel with beaches and lots of outdoor space to lie-around and relax?

As Colin said, I would suggest staying somewhere in the city, as most beach hotels are outside the main town and require a minimum 20-minute taxi drive to any of the sights and main tourist areas.

I have a number of hotel tips listed here as well:

Dubai Hotel Tips by JessH

Enjoy!
    Jess

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai