Dubai Travel Answers

change location
trav4bus's Profile Photo

Hotel in Dubai

by trav4bus Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Hi,

I will be leavig for Dubai on Jan 23 for 5 nights, i have business conference and meeting there, Looking for good hotel to the maximum price of US$150.00 inc all taxes.

Meeting is in world trade centre, Last time in 2006 I stayed in Deira area that was fine for me.

Please recommend a good hotel with clean rooms and nice place.
Cheers
Tim

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • JessH's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel in Dubai

by JessH Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Hi from Dubai.

January is peak travel season (still) for Dubai, so hotel prices will be higher than usual. Have a look at these budget hotels near World Trade Centre:

--> NOVOTEL at world trade centre
    novotel.com/gb/hotel-5261-no...

--> IBIS at world trade centre
    ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3572-...

--> HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Safa Park, not far from world trade centre
    hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/d...

--> HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Jumeirah, not far from world trade centre
    hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/d...

I hope this helps.

Jess

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • trav4bus's Profile Photo

by trav4bus Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hi Jess,

I am member of the accor club. I stay in Ibis, Vovotel, Sofitel in other destinations especially where their service is good.

It was definitely my foist choice here but when I read the review of IBIS WTC and Deira city centre, Novotel WTc and Deira, I fear that they are not good in service, IBIS does not have asafe in room as which is most important for any traveller. Last time in 2006 I lost my US$5000.00 from my pocket definitely not because of hotel but I want to be careful this time.

So I am convinced that the hotel should be good though even little expensive.
    If I see the prices everything is expensive in dubai, hotel, Taxi, food etc
    I would like to stay Jan23-26 near the WTC, On Jan 27, 28 I would like to see Dubai safari or any other recommended place.

The hotels near WTc are v expnsive at that time, so I want to book the hotel these days to save money for myself.
    Though I also consider Deira area for my stay.

Cheers
    Tim

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Nov 27, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Tim, taxis are not expensive (especially compared to the UK), it's AED3 flagfall and AED1.71 per kilometre so they're a good option. Food needn't be expensive either, unless you eat in five star hotels and hit the alcohol of course.

With the Metro running and a station for WTC you can stay in many places and use it to get to your meetings/conference. My choice would be in the city, either Deira or Bur Dubai, because I think that's the most interesting part of the emirate. Another option would be Dubai Marina (plenty going on at The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence every evening), where you have a number of hotels & apartment hotels. There are two Metro stations at the Marina too.

• samitbabu's Profile Photo

by samitbabu Online Now Dec 7, 2011 at 8:07 AM

If your work would be at Trade Centre..then you can choose hotels around Bur Dubai.
    The Ramada or Savoy are fine...check on the prices and your budget .

But there is a hotel adjacent to the World Trade Centre...called the IBIS HOTEL ( there are 3 IBIS hotels in DUbai). This is a short walk and might save the office time cab-crunch that many feel a little too testing after a long day's work.
    The hotel aint great but cheap and clean.
    Take your pick.
    :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai