Dubai Travel Answers

change location

10 hrs stop over

by leiann_salvador Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Is it ok to go outside the airport? what can u suggest to go? is it possible to go to disneyland?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • saleemg's Profile Photo

Re: 10 hrs stop over

by saleemg Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:32 AM

You can go out provided you do not require visa for Dubai. If u r arriving at Terminal 1 or Terminal 3, you can take the Metro to Dubai Mall to see the world's tallest bldg, dancing fountains, and njoy the mall surroundings. You can also go to Mall of Emirates to do some snow skiing. Alternatively, you can book the Big Bys tour at the airport which will take u around many sights. It all depends at what time u r landing in Dubai.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM

emirates.com/english/plan_bo...

First of all establish if you need a visa in advance or a visa on arrival and make suitable arrangements.

i believe that there is not yet a Disneyland in Dubai yet as the article says that the park will be part of the disney resort that will open in 2016. When i was there recently i did not hear anyone talking about this but maybe others can enlighten you on this subject.
    disneyparksfanon.wikia.com/w...

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

by greekcypriot Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Taxis are quite cheap, so get one and get to the city centre. There are several Malls out there where you can spend nicely your time, or ask the taxi driver first to give you a ride towards the most significant places of the city. This is what we did and we did not regret it.
    It is really hot and humid anywhere outside, so spending time out at a mall on your way back from the tour is something you will enjoy.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM

There is no Disneyland but with 10 hours you can definitely find something to do! As mentioned determine if you need a visa.

A great choice for the time would be the hop on hop off bus. You will get to see a good amount of the city - hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/dubai...

or

bigbustours.com/eng/dubai/cu....

Otherwise you can go on your own to one of the malls - I'd choose the Dubai Mall so you can go to the top of Burj Khalifa.

Enjoy!

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I think that after confirming your visa requirements you can just take a walk in the two malls (Dubai Mall & Mall of the Emirates) which will easily eat up your ten hours. you can use the metro to get there and to get back but do keep sufficient time for you check in as it is a busy airport.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Hi, welcome to VT.

You don't tell us where you're from so we can't give you advice about whether you will need a visa.

What you can do depends on the time of day you'll be arriving and the time of year. Summer is unbearably hot and humid and outdoor activity is not advisable.

I suggest the Big Bus tour is probably then best way to get an overview of Dubai in a few hours. It takes you around the old city and New Dubai and as it's hop-on hop-off you can get off to explore any places you find particularly attractive.

Have a look at our Dubai pages here on VT to get all the info and tips you need. Just click on our names and follow the links.

• amal231's Profile Photo

by amal231 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Yes you can use metro service to go to different places in Dubai

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai