Dubai Travel Answers

change location
Gembly's Profile Photo

Taxi

by Gembly Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I don't know if this is the kind of question that can be answered, but would anyone be able to enlighten me on the price of a taxi from the airport to the Jumeira Rotana Dubai Hotel (a distance of about 6 miles)
Thanks in advance! :)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Taxi

by viewtheworld Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Hi, The rate is 1.9 AED per km = 3 AED per mile. So 6 miles = 18 AED. Plus 20 AED surcharge leaving from the airport. SO TOTAL = 38-45 AED = 8 gbp.

Also note, there is a minimum fare in taxis of 10 AED, in case you ever take a very short trip! Equivalent price of a 3 mile journey, even if it's for 100 yards. JUST BEAR THIS IN MIND. Still great value, esp if there are 2+ passengers!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gembly's Profile Photo

by Gembly Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Thanks very much - that's a great help :)

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Yes, I agree, it will certainly be less than AED50, which includes the airport surcharge (It'll be AED20 less going back to the airport).

Just follow the signs at the airport to Ground Transportation then to the taxi rank. They're metered so you won't be ripped off.

If you need some local money to pay for the taxi BTW, you can get it at the airport exchanges. At the moment it's about Dh5.50 to the UK pound.

1 member found this helpful

• Gembly's Profile Photo

by Gembly Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Thank you! I feel much better about navigating the city now!

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

It's very easy Gemma, so don't worry about it. Everyone speaks English, the signs are all in English as well as Arabic including the Metro stations and station announcements are in English and Arabic.

Taxis are clean, air-conditioned, metered, the drivers are in uniform - they're very strictly regulated.

• Gembly's Profile Photo

by Gembly Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Thanks - I feel better about my stay in Dubai now! (not that I was worried about it, it's just nice to be well informed!)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai