Dubai Travel Answers

change location

Shopping

by logganj Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM

What are the shopping facilities like in Dubai? Are UK retail stores operating in Dubai a reflection of the UK stores? Do they provide the same stock, are they as busy and are they more expensive?

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • MariaJ38's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping

by MariaJ38 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I think the shopping facility of Dubai is very nice and cool

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nabisah's Profile Photo

by nabisah Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

oh yes. you will be surprised how many uk familiar brands are there in Dubai malls eg Zara, selfiridges, debenham, etc. etc

1 member found this helpful

by nabisah Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

isnt Dubai a tax free shopping country? shopping facilities just..like in uk..

by nabisah Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

isnt Dubai a tax free shopping country? shopping facilities just..like in uk..

by nabisah Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Shops in dubai provide te same quality standard and many more

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The shopping scene has been changing in Dubai as the city expand it's horizon. I have seen dirt tracks in the city turn into mega malls for the masses.Now shopping in modern Dubai, they have international brands of all kinds of goods for sale. Shops from New York , London and Paris has open up to where the money is. Dubai now boast that they have indeed have one of the largest malls in the world, just like Mall of America in the USA. There are several malls also within miles of each other. I just hope that business can keep on supporting these mega malls that they have built. I myself like to go to the mom and pop shops in the old city and haggle and talk with shop owners. There is a big divide with the haves and have nots. cheers tommy x

• Re: Shopping

by gustaveeiffel Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

One of the things that make Dubai a great place to go shopping is the fact that it is a duty-free port that low or mostly no duties or tariffs imposed on foreign products. For the bargain hunter it is a field teeming with game so thick that even taking aim is superfluous.

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Welcome Dubai forum section) over the last few years many VT members have asked this question is Shopping in Dubai expanse? It really depends if Gulf Arab Citizen then it will have good prices.

If you’re coming from Europe which has 2 – 3 sales a year then yes it will be expanse to you.

So my answer will be its expanses if coming from Europe because your use to sales likes winter and summer sales but if Gulf Arab citizens it’s fine.

Dubai has shopping fes) that takes place once year I hear you can get good deals. Please remember most of Arab world Imports goods from Asia and West) think will be bit costly but when your holiday – just bring enough funds you will have good time.

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Dubai has great shopping centres i am sure you like it. Dubai gets 10000s tourist each year, so have a good trip to Dubai.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Hi, welcome to VT.

Shopping in Dubai is truly international. There's a mixture of local shopping areas, souks and new malls. The designer/brand name stores are usually in the malls, including a lot of UK shops where prices vary. They often leave the UK price tag on and they show that some items are cheaper in Dubai, some the same, some more expensive.

But don't just think about UK shops, Dubai has a vast choice of products from all over the world so you have much more choice.

• amal231's Profile Photo

by amal231 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

The shoppinh facilities in dubai are really nice. You can also find UK brands in the market. Th e duty free shops add more facilites for the people to shop in dubai.

• corysharon's Profile Photo

by corysharon Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

try a hypermarket good prices and fresh product

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dubai