Dry Tortugas National Park Travel Answers

change location
grandmaR's Profile Photo

Camp Ground and Location

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 2:02 PM

The NPS web site says the campground is closed until further notice. But that's the only place that has that information. It doesn't seem to be anywhere else out there. So is it closed or not? Also, I put Dry Tortugas into the Search and get "Dry Tortugas" and "Dry Tortugas National Park". And when I ask for locations near Dry Tortugas, I get that the National Park is some 2 miles away, and Garden Key is another 2 mile distance and Ft. Jefferson is another 2 mile distance (different from Garden Key and different from the National Park. Is there any way that can be reconciled?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Re: Camp Ground and Location

by pulgaron Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 6:05 PM

Do you have the park's information telephone number? If not, here it is: 305.242.7700. This is the published number for the Everglades National Park, and The Dry Tortugas National Park. I just called no at about 9pm and there is no message, just a recording stating that there is no one available to take the call. How odd. Try calling in the morning.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Re: Camp Ground and Location

by pulgaron Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 6:09 PM

Better yet try 800-365-CAMP. That's the campground reservations phone number. It opens at 10AM. Good luck.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Camp Ground and Location

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 6:31 PM

Thank you for the numbers. I don't really want to bother them - I just want to have the correct information on the accommodations page.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dry Tortugas National Park