change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Londonderry

Derry/Londonderry Apr 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Londonderry around June 24th or 25th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

more
    • Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • Heathrow to Southampton Cruise terminal

London 6 hours ago

Cruise line wants $101 pp each way to go from Heathrow to Southampton cruise terminal.
      That's $202 a couple. Not just the cost, but from our past trip, we had to wait for almost
      2 hours until other passengers arrived to fill the bus. Is there a less expensive alternative?

more
    • accommodation nightlife

Bournemouth Apr 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM

for a 3 night break thursday/saturday, where would you stay if: you were 60, thinking, feeling 40, most of the time; also, what kind of nightlife/bars would you look for

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • Things to do for free

Burnley Apr 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM

What is there to do in burnley for free with the kids?

more
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Rental cars

Ireland Apr 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Has anyone ever rented a economy car in Dublin, Ireland? I have checked some of the rental companies but they come up with such ridiculous rental fees that I can't take them serious. Can you believe 5 or 6,7. or 8 euros a day.
      Let me know if these rental companies are correct, that is if you have any information, please fill me in.
      Thanks

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • US green card, Indian passport: In which country to apply for UK visa

United Kingdom Mar 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM

When I applied for a Schengen visa in India, I was told I had to apply from the US since I had been living in the US for over 6 months and was in India for only 2 months. Now I am in the US for over 8 months,  will be going to India in July and would like to apply for a UK visa, stopping at London for a week.

Can I apply for the UK visa in USA (because I am a Permanent Resident of USA) or must I compulsorily apply from India as I have an Indian Passport?

more
    • TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor Yesterday

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

more
    • 3 weeks in Edinburgh for a single 40 year old woman who likes culture and night life

Edinburgh Apr 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I am planning to stay in Edinburgh for about 3 weeks, and want to get a taste for what it would be like to live there. I may check out some advanced education programs, and also want to do the touristy things, and enjoy some pubs and clubs. I would like a central location that feels pedestrian friendly, with lots of shops, restaurants, and easy access to the cultural sights. Night life for people in their 30s and up would be great to find, too. Budget is middle of the road. Where might I stay?

more
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Apr 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Diving Lundy

Clovelly Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi,
      We are staying/diving on Lundy Island but picking a dive boat up from Clovelly.
      With heavy dive equipment we need to drop off dive & camping equipment to the boat & leave 2-3 cars in Clovelly.
      Could you please advise on dropping off equipment & 3 days parking close to the habour....!!!!!!

more
    • Early morning flight

Gatwick Apr 18, 2014 at 5:01 AM

I am taking an early morning flight from gatwick very soon . I only have hand luggage and have already checked in . How early can I go through security ?

more
    • Firestar24's Profile Photo

3 Weeks in September?

United Kingdom Apr 13, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Hello VTers - it's been a while!
      I'm beginning to plan our first adventure for 2 years and I'm so excited that the choice seems quite overwhelming!
      It's just a 3-weeker, but I want an exciting, varied and beautiful itinerary.
      We want to visit somewhere new and I'm looking for help with ideas.
      Currently, Israel & Rwanda are top runners, but Mongolia was a hot favourite for a while, but was dropped because I decided we'd need longer than 3 weeks.
      I love rivers and jungle. I like to walk. My favourite countries are Turkey and Nepal.
      I love little, beautiful lodges without electricity sat in the middle of nowhere.
      I like to cross borders by land.
      Could anyone please give me some ideas for itineraries for Rwanda, Israel or share your favourite travel adventure if it sounds like it might fit the bill? I'm looking for inspiration!
      Big thanks and happy travels :-)
      Faye - UK

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • Do you know this place from the description anyone please?

Hemel Hempstead Apr 7, 2014 at 6:32 AM

44 years ago when I was 9 I lived in Cockfosters and was taken out for the day with my neighbours family to Hemel. After about 10 miles driving (I think I was told it was 10 miles at the time) we turned right, and immediately over a little bridge across a canal where some canal boats were tied up to the right. In front of us was a massive gravel car park, on the left of which was a large public house or café. That's all I remember. There were a lot of young hippies hanging around with motorbikes. My friends dad went home to get the spare car key as he had locked them in the car. While he was away the hippies helped us to get back in the car with a wire coat hanger, so we sat by the river and waited for the dad to return. He was fuming that he had gone 10 miles home on a bus for nothing! We had a lovely day by the river though. Can't find it on a map now, and I live in Hull but am coming to the area in few weeks and thought I might take a look there.

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more