Drogheda

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Galaxy Nightclub

by gazza928 Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hi, I was wondering if Galaxy nightclub is still open in the town?

• Underage Discos?

by KEVINB93 Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Just wondering of there are any underage discos for between 10-15 years old? If so, which are more popular?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • Gichuck's Profile Photo

Getting to Battle of the Boyne heritage site by foot, bus or bike?

by Gichuck Online Now May 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Advice welcomed. I'm hoping to go from Dublin to the Battle of the Boyne heritage site at Oldbridge, near Drogheda. Is it possible to walk from Drogheda bus or train station, i.e. how far is it? Bus Eireann told me that the Drogheda to Slane bus does not go near the entrance to the site. Also, where exactly is the entrance? Many thanks, GI Chuck, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

4 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

Laytown races...

by iaint Online Now Aug 29, 2008 at 5:16 AM

I'm taking a day off work to see something special. I'm going on my own, and then I thought I'd open it up to all VT members. Short notice & unusual event, but who knows...

Laytown is near Drogheda. Once a year it holds a horse race meeting which is the same as anything you'll see at Longchamps, Epsom or Monmouth Park - except that it takes place on the beach at low tide. For more information look at www.goracing.ie and select the Laytown tab on the left.

First race is at 3pm. The 6th and last is at 5.30.

I'll be renting a small car at Dublin airport about 10am, and could take anyone who needs transport. I'll be having lunch somewhere near Drogheda.

Fancy something different?