Drøbak Travel Answers

change location
Fizzbee's Profile Photo

Handicap access

by Fizzbee Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM

My question is what type of handicap access is there in Drobak? My husband and I will be visiting in July 2011. I am confind to a wheelchair, will this prohibit visiting your lovely city?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Handicap access

by HelloKittyPatrick Online Now May 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Hello,
    I just visited Drobak last week. It's a beautiful city to discover and I highly recommend it.
    Unfortunately, from what I saw, not everything there was accommodating to wheelchairs. The shops that I saw did not have wheelchair ramps, as they are old buildings. The information center was wheelchair accessible. The town streets are somewhat hilly, but not steep. I don't recall seeing any cabs around.

If you take the ferry to Oscarburg Fortress, you can easily get a wheelchair on the ferry. A lot of the fortress area is paved enough to see the highlights of the island, but you will not be able to get a thorough view.

Unless I'm missing something, this is what I saw. I hope this helps some.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • iver's Profile Photo

Re: Handicap access

by iver Online Now May 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM

most stores in norway is obliged by law to have wheelchair access,, some of these in older city centres,solve this by having a removable ramp, unfortunally that means one has to ask staff to get it out

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines