Dresden

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lorrach Restaurant

Lörrach Yesterday

Hello....I am looking for a nice German cuisine restaurant in Lorrach. We will be staying in Basel for a week in October and wanted to take the train up from Basel to Lorrach for dinner one night (to get out of Basel for a night). We would obviously like something near the station or within reasonable walking distance. We love rustic food and something local and authentic german food would be nice. Any help would be appreciated.

more
    • Luxurious Hotel

Bavaria Yesterday

i am looking for a 5-star luxurious Hotel in Bavaria that is rather relaxing. (Similar to Riva hotel in Constance Lake if you have visited before)

more
    • Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • Pipe Tobacco Brand Availability

Frankfurt am Main Apr 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Where in Frankfurt, Germany can I buy Kohlhase & Kopp and Planta pipe smoking tobacco? Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Steve

more
    • Monday evening dining plans

Tübingen Apr 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Do you have any suggestions for a good and reasonably priced restaurant to eat at on a Monday evening in Tubingen? I realize that many places are closed on Mondays, and I am concerned that we will not have any idea where to take our family for dinner.

more
    • Transportation from Hamburg to Kiel

Kiel Mar 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM

We're flying in to Hamburg midday on a Saturday and need to get to MSC cruise ship in Kiel by 4:30 p.m. What is quickest form of transportation? Kielius shuttle? If this brings us to bus terminal in Kiel, are there taxis available to cruise ship?

more
    • Aum257's Profile Photo

Budjet Service Apartment

Frankfurt am Main Yesterday

I will be grateful if any one can suggest a clean and safe furnished apartment in a central place, in Frankfurt, Germany.
      Thanks
      Aum257

more
    • transportation

Gengenbach Yesterday

How to get there from Strasbourg

more
    • Environment zone sticker

Munich Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • Private Tour Guides

Münster Apr 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

We are looking for a private tour guide for a four hour tour of Munster and want to know if you can recommend someone. Thanks.

more
    • tour guides

Koblenz Apr 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

is there any English speaking tour guides for the region along the Mosel river area. I am interested in see castles no problem with walking, there are 5 of us all photographers, we want to see awesome land scapes as well, what ever it takes to get there we are game debra

more
    • Anyone travelling from Bangalore to Frankfurt on 23/04/14

Frankfurt am Main Apr 12, 2014 at 5:08 AM

My aunt is coming to Denmark via Frankfurt from Bangalore on 23/04/14 morning 3 AM flight (She can only speak telugu). Is there anyone who can assist her from Bangalore and Frankfurt. Your help is appreciated.

Cheers
      Naresh Kumar.

more
    • flowers and gardening+

Flensburg Apr 11, 2014 at 7:08 AM

hi :) My family anf I are going to Flensburg over Eastern.. Im a garden freak...my question is : are there any, Garden Centers, flower market or nurseryschools in Flensburg? :)

more
    • asking about public transport triberg, schonwald and gengenbach

Black Forest Apr 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM

hi

my plan is to explore triberg, schonwald and then gengenbach, with public transport. is it easy to use buses/train/taxi in those cities? i travel from other country with luggage, is there any buses or taxi from train station to hotel?

this is my first time to visit germany and we speak english only.

thanks

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • laundromat near the goethe institut

Mannheim Apr 1, 2014 at 6:58 AM

hello people!
      i am staying with goethe institut and i am not too bothered about getting a card to use the washing machines in the building just for the two weeks that i am here. does anyone know a laundromat where i could use coins to do a wash? cheers!

more
    • Timewarp - from Mannheim ZOB to Maimarkthalle

Mannheim Mar 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Hi, how can i get to timewarp from Mannheim ZOB (I will arrive with the bus) Are there shuttle buses from there? Thanks!

more
    • Moving to Wiesbaden

Wiesbaden Mar 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I'll be moving with my family ( husband a two kids 2ys and 4 yes old), please any suggestion about the nicest area to live and please does any one knows which are the best school and kindergarten in Wiesbaden?

more
    • Walking route

Wernigerode Mar 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Arriving by train at Wernigerode H Bahn station, I need walking direction to the Hotel HKK Pfarrstraße 41 - please help

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Best base in BF for train travel

Black Forest Mar 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

My 16 year old daughter and I will take the train from Frankfurt to the BF in July 2014. We want to enjoy short hikes, perhaps kayak. What town would be the best for us for a 3 night stay, only using the train/bus? Thanks!

more
    • 6-10 June Travel to watch son in football tournament

Osnabrück Yesterday

I'm travelling 6-10 June (Fri to Tues) 2014 to Harderberg/Osnabruck to watch my son and team play in a boys football tournament. He'll be doing his thing with his team most of the time, and staying with a local family as part of the experience - Are there any festivals, events, or anything going on during this weekend in the Osnabruck area? Thanks, M

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • how much does it cost rain fare surich to konstanz

Konstanz Apr 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

train zurich to konstanz

more
    • Where to stay in Dresden?

by konradp Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hello everybody!

Im planning my Trip to Dresden, Germany for a few days now, being stucked at finding a good, not too cheap, Hotel to stay. I found one hotel now, which actually fits best to my needs: buelow-palais.com/5-star-sup...

Is there anyone who already visited this place? Or does anybody know, other locations, worthwile to stay, in Dresden?

4 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Looking for an Apt!

by Dreamtraveler006 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I've been at this for over a month and I'm tired of it :) It's almost impossible to find a good place to rent in Dresden. I've had enough of the Immobilliens and Internet searches. I prefer to find a place through a real person. Not the internet or an immobilien. If anyone knows of a place to rent (70-90 sq. met.) near a park or forest that is available now please let me know :)

Once I find a place I'm ready to partner with a German Makler and go into the immobilien business for expats. The competition is ridiculous :)

Danke.

S

7 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • AdrianLoo's Profile Photo

Outdoor Fitness Parks in Dresden

by AdrianLoo Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Are there any outdoor fitness parks in Dresden, Hellerau region?
      Example: skyshadeshawaii.com/_library...

2 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    • Dresden in July

by asitava Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi, I intend to visit Dresden the last week of this month. I read that Dresden was affected by the recent flood. Is everything alright now ? I will probably stay in Cologne and visit Dresden for a day. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:04 AM
    • karsten_gregor's Profile Photo

Shops to go in Dresden

by karsten_gregor Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hi all, iam interested in the area of Weißer Hirsch. Are there some nice places for shopping? I heard about an old and very nice shop Dresden Grünschnabel there with old tiles, very nostalgic anyone been there already? I found some pictures in the web www.gruenschnabel-dresden.com but would be pleased if its worth to go there? Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • Saxon (Plauen) Lace in Dresden

by jane32 Online Now May 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I will be in Dresden for two days in early June and want to buy some small lace items. Can anyone recommend me a good place to buy, preferably in the Altstadt where we will be staying or easy walking distance across the river in the Innere Neustadt?

1 Answer May 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Side trip to Saxon-Switzerland

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Have been looking at the Saxon Switzerland rock formations. We are traveling mid-December, so not looking at hiking. Are the S-Bahn routes from Dresden towards Bad Schandau mostly over ground as to offer scenic route across Saxon-Switzerland - or will I already get a look at this region if I'm taking the train from Dresden to Prague?

... planning to return for some hiking in the summer ...

8 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • 3 hour stop over in Dresden

by michellejg01 Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 5:08 AM

We are planning a 3 hour stop over in Dresden between train trips. My first question is, are the lockers at the main Dresden Hbf. Secondly we would like to visit the Old Town, is it easy to get there from the train station. Any advise on making the most of our 3 hours in Dresden would be greatly appreciated.

7 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    • carmena's Profile Photo

Prague-Dresden-Prague

by carmena Online Now Sep 5, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Dear all,
      Please help me with a tip: I want to go from Prague to Dresden by bus and back from Dresden to Prague by train (convenient hours). Cannot find on the Dresden city map where is the bus station. Can anyone tell me that? And also if the train station for Dresden is the main station, Hauptbanhof? I have a good map of the traffic system, I can find it if there is another one.
      Thanks for your time,
      Carmen

6 Answers Sep 6, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    • Train ticket from Prague to dresden and next day to Berlin

by monicav100 Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Please can you help me If I take a normal ticket from Prague to Berlin can I use it next day to Dresden Hauptbahnof o I have to buy another one???
      Where i have to go to wtch company of trains in Prague to take the tickets and in DResden
      Thank you very much Its my first trip to German

5 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    • A bit in a hurry

by inmaculada31 Online Now Jul 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Hi,

Sorry about this rush but I´m trying to buy a train ticket to go from Dresden ( I want to see the center ) and Berlin , I´m staying in Park Inn Alexanderplatz but there are so many stations that I don´t know where to stop. I´m leaving from Prague , where do I have to stop both times? Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Ascension day public holiday on May 17th 2012

by pepemorris11 Online Now May 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hi ! I shall be leaving Dresden for Bayerisch Eisenstein on the above date. Will there be fewer trains than usual this being a public holiday? and any idea if supermarkets or shops will be open ? appreciate any kind of help.
      Also how do I get from dresden airport to dresden main train station? read somewhere it is by subway. Can i buy a group ticket and how long is the journey? many thanks

13 Answers May 7, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Dresden to......

by pepemorris11 Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Hi fellow VTers,
      Will be flying into Dresden. Never been there before.Have 21 days to spend in europe. thinking of definitely visiting prague. any other suggestions as to where i can go in the area where there are lots of lovely alpine scenery, pretty quaint villages all accessible by train. dont know if it is too much to think about denmark or switzerland.help! we intend to wind down for about a week before flyinng back home from Dresden again. Is there a village near Dresden where we can go for quieet walks amidst stunning scenery?:)

2 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 4:30 AM
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

Russian Orthodox Church

by Skillsbus Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Whereabouts in dresden is the Russian Orthodox Church. I will be arriving by train at the Hauptbahnhof.

1 Answer Jan 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Short Scenic Tram Route In Dresden

by Mark_Lester Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I've got about an hour maximum to spare in Dresden. I'm trying to work out what would be a nice, roughly circular, tram route. If we use the same road back and forth from the Old City to the station that's OK, but there's obviously a lot of options for something circular.

Tram 11 from Hauptbahnhof all the way to Albertplatz, then back again on a #3, might do the job (it doesnt have to take an hour, less would be good).
      I guess the question might be better put "what's the best bridge to cross over on, and what's the best street that you really should do" and I can work it out from there.

If you could also point me in the direction of some info on how and where to buy tickets and what the cost is, and the quickest way to get tickets for 15 (there's a whole gang of us) that would be nice but I'm sure I'll work that out eventually.

4 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    • Stimming's Profile Photo

Public transport in Dresden

by Stimming Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Hello!

I'd like to know if there is a "day" ticket for public transport in
      Dresden and what means of transport it includes.

Btw, I bought a ticket from Dresden Hbf to Frankfurt, but I changed
      my hotel and the new one is closer to the Altstadt Bahnhof. The train
      stops at the Altstadt Bahnhof and then moves to the Hbf. Do you know if
      there could be any problem if I took the train in the Altstadt Bahnhof?

Thanks in advance!

22 Answers Dec 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • Stimming's Profile Photo

Museums

by Stimming Online Now Dec 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Hello!

I've seen on some VTers pages that there is a "Dresden Card" for museums.
      Is it really worth buying? Where can I get it? Will I enter museums for free
      or will only have a discount? With an international student card is the Dresden Card still worth buying?

Thanks!

9 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    • December 24 visit- stores open?

by DRowell Online Now Nov 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Thinking about a 1 day trip from Prague to Dresden via train on Dec 24.
      Will the city stores, tour areas be closed on that day?
      Are the trains unusually crowded on December 24?
      Is this a scenic train route?
      I don't want to waste time on a train to arrive in a city essentially closed for Christmas Eve.
      Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue.

3 Answers Nov 25, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    • Weather in dresden

by asumbre Online Now Nov 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I plan to visit dresden from 22nd Dec to 25th Dec. Will it be very cold and windy? what are chances of snow and if flights will fly during this time. I am from Mumbai, India and we really are not used to any winter as such. Thanks for sending quick answers

5 Answers Nov 15, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    • Shopping in Dresden

by Valukka Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Hello all,

my parents are going to Dresden from Karlovy Vary. Apart from sightseeing they would like to do some shopping. What i wanted to ask - if there are any shops with really big size clothes in Dresden?
      Thank you in advance for the answers.

3 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    • Where to spend 2 nights between Prague and Frankfurt

by kathystringer Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Leaving Prague and have 2 spare nights before meeting friends in St Goar (via Frankfurt). We're mature-aged train travellers and have looked at Regensburg, Nurnberg, Bamberg and Dresden which are all sound appealing. Wondering what experienced VTers would recommend. Thanks for any opinions! Kathy

6 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    • Hotel in Dresden

by michalc Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I am a female and will stay alone in Dresden for 4 days for a conference.
      In which part of the city should I take a hotel? I want to stay is an area with a restaurant and coffee shops that will be nice and safe for me alone at night. I’m trying to pick between the Hilton at the old city and The Westin in the new city, but other option is possible, that do you think?
      Thanks

7 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • Spending in Dresden

by dtlugwala Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I have a son going to Dresden with a youth group. What are the average costs for items, like hats, shoes and shirts? He is there for 1 week and looking at an indication of consumer prices for various items, clothing and accessories or tourist souvenirs.

4 Answers Jul 14, 2011 at 4:23 AM
    • Dresden to Prague

by celtic10 Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Hi
      I am now looking at heading from Dresden to Prague in a few days,what is the best and cheapest option for transport. Seeing so much history and amazing buildings.Also can anyone recommend reasonable priced and clean backpackers.

Cheers and thanks for previous help.

13 Answers Jun 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    • How long to stay in Dresden?

by Rushed Online Now May 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Hello, we are a young couple (2o year old) and travelling for the first time in Germany. We are planning to see 4 cities in Germany which includes Dresden. We're wondering how many nights should we stay. We we're planning 4 to 5 nights but think it is too much. Is 4 to 5 nights too much ? Or maybe 3 is enough ?

Thank you very much,
      Joe from Canada

5 Answers May 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    • Travel from Berlin-Schonefeld airport to Dresden

by jayemcee555 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I am trying to travel to Dresden with an arrival time at airport of 8:40 pm
      (on a Sunday).Someone thinks there is a direct bus from airport which hopefully would reach Dresden by midnight....but so far unable to find anything online.
      The timing is importent as I will be at work by 7am on the Monday

• How many days do I need to spend in Dresden?

by MichaelaZastera Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I'm going to Dresden, Germany for two days this summer. Id like to visit all the tourist attractions in the City Center (museums, gardens, etc.) and also take a Paddle Steamer to Pillnitz.
      Are two days going to be enough? How many days should i spend there to see most of the tourist places?
      Also, any useful information about the city or German customs would be welcomed.

Thank you!!!

19 Answers Apr 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    • DRESDEN CODEX

by katiastayros Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Hello everybody!!!I'm coming to Dresden this July.I' ve heard about the
      Dresden codex which was in the Library.What happened to it ? Is it in a museum?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 16, 2011 at 4:10 AM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

ACCOMMODATION IN DRESDEN

by Camellia36 Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I am a 74 year old female and will stay in Dresden June 2011 for 2 days, 2 nights, arriving by train. Suggestions for accommodation please, which part of the city?, hotels/hostels? I wish to do city tour and a river tour so which would be the best location. Cheers

5 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    • ATLC's Profile Photo

Getting around

by ATLC Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM

We are probably basing ourselves in Pirna and we have a car.

When we go to Dresden, what are the best options?
      - train? (I think there is an S-bahn, yes?)
      - car? (if so, what would be the best place to park? and what would the cost be?)

5 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 11:36 PM