Dresden Travel Answers

change location
Camellia36's Profile Photo

ACCOMMODATION IN DRESDEN

by Camellia36 Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I am a 74 year old female and will stay in Dresden June 2011 for 2 days, 2 nights, arriving by train. Suggestions for accommodation please, which part of the city?, hotels/hostels? I wish to do city tour and a river tour so which would be the best location. Cheers

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: ACCOMMODATION IN DRESDEN

by ATLC Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Hello, Dresden is such a nice city. Maybe if you suggest a budget? There are plenty of hotels and the public transportation is excellent. That means that location is not the biggest issue in choosing your accommodation.
    We stayed at the Prinz Eugen in Laubegast/Dresden which is in a lovely neighbourhood along the Elbe. An easy 30 minute ride with the tram to the center of Dresden. The Altstadt and the river boats are all very near to each other.

There are many deals to be had but for that you should visit a hotel booking site.
    Maybe you could select a few hotels first on price and what you like? Location really shouldn't be a problem.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • german_eagle's Profile Photo

by german_eagle Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Like ATLC said, as public transportation is sufficient in Dresden, location is not *that* important. However, Hotel Prinz Eugen is quite a bit outside the old town and with only two nights you'll want to stay closer to the main attractions.

A good place to stay is this: www.hotel-martha-hospiz.de/index.php?id=1&L=1

A bit cheaper: www.pension-zwinger.de

But knowing a price range would make it easier to recommend a place.

• Permanente's Profile Photo

by Permanente Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I can warmly recommend Hilton, I stayed there a couple of times. Their concierge offers excellent support regarding city tours booking and selection, tickets etc, and they also had their own private tour of the "Frauenkirche" church, which is just opposite of the hotel. Very good location - walking distance to most attrations.

• Camellia36's Profile Photo

by Camellia36 Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for the ideas folks, have had a look at all of them and like them all. They all cover my budget and location and info about public transport is great.
    Cheers
    Maxine

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I was in Dresden last month but I haven't been able to build my Dresden page properly yet. Unfortunately my photos do not upload well on VT. But I do have quite a bit of recent information. Ingo (german_eagle) was a big help :-)

A general tip:
    order some free brochures from the Dresden Tourist Office. It's so nice to leaf through brochures before you go! They ask a voluntary contribution to the shipping costs (which I disregarded since I went to spend money in their actual shop during our stay).

dresden.de/dtg/en/service/pr...

Use their form and write that you want info for Summer 2011!

dresden.de/apps/contact/dtge...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines