change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kjerag open in May

Stavanger May 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hi,

I wish to hike to Kjerag. I will be reaching Stavanger on 13th May. It is possible to do the hike then? if yes, then how to get there? Please help me with some info.

Thanks,
      Deepa

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Bergen for 2 days

Bergen Apr 29, 2015 at 10:02 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Bergen by flight from Stockholm on 1st June morning.

We are staying at the Scandic Strand hotel. Should we proceed for some sight seeing from the airport itself, before hotel check-in? How?

Do we book minibus / van with English speaking driver / Guide?

What do we do and see for the 2 days, 1st and 2nd June?

We will proceed for the Norway in a Nutshell experience on 3rd June morning. Reach Oslo at night.

How do we go about this (after booking online)?

I know that these are a lot of questions, but please do help.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Molde - motorcycle on hire

Norway Apr 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I want to ride from Molde to the Atlantic Ocean Road and return. Are motorbikes-on-hire available in Molde? If yes, could someone please share contact information or website details?
      Thanks

more
    • Bergen to Runde

Bergen Apr 24, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Hello, what is the best mode of transport to go from Bergen to Runde? i see there is an express ferry service to Maloy, but where can i find all details & timings for the ferry?
      Are there local taxis or buses available to go from Maloy to Runde?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is it Kjelvik or Honnigsvag as or Cruise line says and

Kjelvik Apr 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Because, Virtual Tourist doesn't list Honnigsvag as a city/town what is here?. Are there local tour companies or City tour buses to book? What is recommended to see in the area or just a walk through the city/town? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

more

Cruise to Alesund, Honnigsvag, Tromso, Geiranger, Olden & Bergen how much Norwegian should we have?

Norway Apr 30, 2015 at 4:34 PM

What is your wild Guesstimate/guess how much Norwegian Krone/per person we should have for these 6 cruise stops; Alesund, Honnigsvag, Tromso, Geiranger, Olden & Bergen in June? We will have credit cards for most of the significant purchases. I would think that the city tour buses and the like would take credit cards or not? I know it is difficult to answer though, all input and comments are greatly appreciated. We will likely be buying tourist items and stopping in a few pubs. I would think restaurants will take credit cards. When I have seen similar postings in the past, I thought how could anyone answer this question because how can estimate someones spending habits but, all VT comments are appreciated and possibly you have had this same experience. I don't want to insult locals by trying to use US dollars or do they take Euros?

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Oslo for 1 night

Oslo Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Oslo, after the Norway in a Nutshell experience on the 3rd June night. Hotel is Frogner Apartment House at Bygdoy Alle 53, Frogner.

How do we reach the hotel at night?? We will have to take the keys etc. from another nearby registration office of the Hotel/Apartment.

We have our flight departing for Dubai, at 14:30 from Oslo Airport, On 4th June. How much of Oslo can we see in the morning? We must reach by 12:00 I think to the airport. How do we go about this?

How and from where can we book a minibus / van with English speaking driver / guide to pick us up from hotel at about 7.30 / 8.00 am, take us around the city and drop us to airport by 12.00 /12.30??

What all can we see?

Please do help.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Remon9's Profile Photo

if the flight will delay where i will stay in Tromsø Airport

Norway Apr 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM

anyone can tel me that if the flight will delay like 12 hours or 1 days or more where i will stay in Tromsø Airport in the airport has residential hotel in inside or i have to book a hotel out of the Tromsø Airport?

more

How large is the train station at Bø, Telemark and can we rent a car there to drive to Seljord?

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Hello, we are considering visiting Seljord where our ancestors are from and we will be traveling from Oslo & I understand that Bø is the closest train station to Seljord. How large is the train station at Bø and can we rent a car there to drive to Seljord? Any thoughts and comments, suggestions are appreciated. I have looked on the internet but, can't find anything. Also, is there a hotel or B & B in or near Seljord or Bø?

more
    • Car Hire options from Flam to Trondheim

Norway Apr 23, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Hello! Four of us are traveling from Mumbai to Norway in first 2 weeks of June. We are trying to figure out the best mode of transportation between Flam - Geirangerfjord; Geirangerfjord-Runde-Alesund and finally, Alesund-Trondheim --- all of this in a span of 4 days!

Any suggestions here would be of great help!

more

Arriving by cruise ship at 8:00 AM June 11th, are there local tours & City tour buses?

Tromsø Apr 11, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Having never been in Norway before, we have these questions. Are there local tour companies or City tour buses to book? What is recommended to see in the area or just a walk through the city? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

more
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

Visiting Lerkendal Stadion

Trondheim Apr 8, 2015 at 4:15 AM

Are there Stadium tours at Lerkendal stadion and ifso where can i find English information about it?

Vincent

more
    • Remon9's Profile Photo

Please advise me about the issue

Tromsø Apr 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Can i get help from you regarding information about Svalbard Norway my business college want to come from Bangladesh to Svalbard Norway but i was little confusion about visa i saw the Svalbard official website about the visa there no visa requirement but Norway is Schengen Area so if they come from Bangladesh they need visa or not? and if they transit on the Tromsø Airport the need the visa or they can fly without visa and also need to know they will face any problem to return there home country?

more
    • Driving in Norway

Lofoten Apr 22, 2015 at 3:58 AM

I am travelling to Lofoten in first week of May. Is driving in Lofoten difficult? I am from Indian and we drive on the left side of the road unlike in Norway. What are the speed limits in Lofoten and how is the traffic there? Can i get motor cycle on rent in Lofoten? How much does it cost?

more

Arriving by cruise ship late morning in June, are there local tours & City tour buses?

Geiranger Apr 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Having never been in Norway before, we have these questions. Are there local tour companies or City tour busses to book? What is recommended to see or just a walk through the city? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Oslo airport connecting flight abroad...

Oslo Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Hello VT! I'm arriving in Osolo airport from Fort Lauderdale and then departing Oslo to Bangkok, my question is do you personally think 1hour 25 min is a decent amount of time to catch my bangkok flight? I have zero checked bags. Only carry on. I just want to know what to expect.

Also, does Oslo airport have free wifi?
      Any advice is appreciated.
      TIA !

more

Arriving by cruise ship at 7:00 AM June 8th, are there local tours & City tour buses?

Ålesund Apr 11, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Having never been in Norway before, we have these questions. Are there local tour companies or City tour buses to book? What is recommended to see in the area or just a walk through the city? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

more
    • UP1995's Profile Photo

Foo Fighters tickets.

Oslo Apr 16, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Hi everyone! I need a little help here. I've bought 1 ticket for Foo Fighters concert in Oslo. It happens that I wont be able to go. I would like to know if there is some appropriate site where I can sell it. Is a papper ticket (not an e-ticket) and sell it cheaper than I bought. If someone can help me with that. I send an image with the proof of pursache where appears "Delivery charges" that demonstrate that is a papper ticket.
      Best regards,
      Carlos Leiras

more
    • Bus in trondheim

Trondheim Apr 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Can I catch a bus from th HUrtugruten terminal to the cathedral?

more
    • Geiranger to Runde to Alesund

Runde Apr 23, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hello. Four of us are visiting Norway in first 2 weeks of June 2015. On 7th June, we want to leave Geirangerfjord, go to Runde for a bird-watching boat trip and then at night go to Alesund. I want to know:
      (1) what is the best way of travel between these locations?
      (2) Is this too much travel for a day?

more
    • related to spiral

by smitachatterjee Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Is there any bus connection upto spiral?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    • Looking for 1BR apartment + kitchen for 2 months stay

by acetheodore Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Hi! I am planning to stay in Drammen, Norway for 1 - 2 months in October 2013 and looking for an apartment / flats for 2 person (1br) that has a kitchen. I am not looking for anything fancy but simple and comfortable.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Yowsa's Profile Photo

Self catering accommodation?

by Yowsa Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Hi there,
      My husband, myself and our two young children (3 years and 8 months) plan to visit Drammen in June to see friends. Can anyone recommend self-catering accommodation? Ideally a two room place, with a travel cot.

Thanks in advance, Helena

8 Answers May 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    • Safe to wait in Drammen Bamgelokka?

by Kerstinche Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I´m planning to go to Geilo in Norway on Friday, leaving from Oslo Torp (with Raynair). Therefore I need to take a bus either from Drammen or from Oslo. Since Oslo might be a little tight (five minutes between ariival with torpexpressen and departure of the bus to Geilo) I was thinking to change busses in Drammen. Unfortunetly I have to wait in Drammen form 5.45p.m. to 7.15pm and since I´m a girl I´m kind of scared. Is there a restaurant somewhere close by or are my worries without reason?

Thanks in advance
      Kerstin

6 Answers Sep 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM
    • How much is admission to spiral tunnel ?

by Jaondruska Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM

How much is admission to spiral tunnel when I drive by car ? Is the entrance signed by road tables or only people froma Dramen know where to start ? :-) Thank you for the answer.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 2:57 AM
    • UEFA Cup Final

by Kerso1 Online Now May 14, 2008 at 5:22 AM

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any bars in Drammen (or even Oslo) that will be showing the Rangers v Zenit St Petersburg game tonight?

Thanks

• How to get from Drammen Train Station to Bangeløkka Drammen for Torp Bus

by Sherrys Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Hi Folks,

I plan to arrive in Drammen Train station from Finse at 16:55 on Sunday. I hope to catch the TorpExpressen Bus from Oslo on its way to Torp in time for the Ryanair 20:25 flight.

Does anyone know if I can walk to Bangeløkka or can I easliy get a bus or taxi from Drammen train station at this time on Sunday? I reckon the most time I would have is 30-45 minutes. Also if a taxi is required what should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen

1 Answer Jan 2, 2008 at 4:19 AM
    • Where does the TorpExpressen stop in Drammen?

by Kerso1 Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 3:36 AM

Hi everyone
      My husband lives across in Tranby and when I go to visit him, I usually get on the Torp Expressen and get off at Drammen at the Shell Garage on Kjellstad. Going home, I get on at the Statoil Garage on Kjellstad.

However, I have noticed that the Torp Expressen bus stop has changed for this service.. Seems to be at a place called Bangelokka (sorry about the spelling - my keyboard cannot type the letter properly)

Can anyone tell me where this stop is, so that I can get my husband to pick me up at the right place.. He doesn't know where it is and when I do an internet search, it brings nothing up (probably because i'm not typing the work correctly).

Many thanks

Kerry

2 Answers Oct 13, 2007 at 5:48 AM
    • Bus service from Torp to Drammen

by Kerso1 Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 4:50 AM

Thanks very much for everyone's help. Particularly Sorhus.. Just so that you know, my fiance has now moved into a flat in Tranby and is liking life in Norway.

I'm going out to visit on 6th April (Good Friday) and returning on Monday 9th April (Easter Monday).

Does anyone know if the buses will be running on these days. I believe that both Friday and Monday are national holidays.

I was planning to get a bus from Torp to Drammen and then my fiance will meet me there. As far as getting back to the airport, I can get a bus or taxi from Tranby to Drammen, but I need to know if I can get a bus from Drammen to Torp airport, to get me home for a 15:20 flight back to Scotland. I'll need to be at the airport for about 1:20pm

Can anyone give me any information??

5 Answers Mar 29, 2007 at 9:10 AM
    • Flats for rent

by Kerso1 Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 6:24 AM

Hi there

I have already posted a thread on the Oslo page to get information about accommodation in Drammen or nearby. My fellow V.T ers have been very helpful, so thank you.

Moving on from this, I wondered if anyone could give me any information about who to contact to rent a flat in Drammen/Asker/Lier, along with an indication of how much the rent would be on a 1 bedroom flat. My fiance is due to move across to start work in Tranby on 18th March and needs something as soon as possible, not too far from Tranby.

Maybe a 1 bedroom flat or a guest house initially, until he can find something to rent. This would likely be a long term let, for at least 1 year.

I do not know where to start looking and cannot find anything on the internet in English.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 27, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    • Just back

by suzyk13 Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 12:59 PM

Hi all I have just returned from three weeks in Drammen, and wow! I love the place. OK it's possibly not thought as the most beautiful place in Norway but when you walk up through the mist to the top of the hills it equalls anywhere else I have ever seen. The people are amazing, the most helpful friendly kind group I have met. I was quite upset when I had to come home, but in only two weeks I will be back in Norway to start my new life. Thanks to everyone that replied to my first post.
      x

1 Answer Nov 22, 2005 at 12:49 AM
    • feeling a little frightened

by uksuzy Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 7:37 AM

Hi all, In december I will be moving to Drammen from the UK to be with my English partner who has a job in drammen. I have a four year old daughter and although very excited I am also apprehensive, not knowing what to expect. I would love for anyone in Drammen to get in touch with me and maybe give me a few tips on how to survive.
      Many Thanks
      Su x

5 Answers Oct 15, 2005 at 3:33 AM