Dover

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Transfer between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4

Heathrow Dec 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hello, i will be catching the N9 bus from Central London to Heathrow central Bus Station aiming to arrive around 5:45am. I will then need to get to Terminal 4. Is the free Heathtrow Express shuttle only Free to those who connect from other Heathrow Express services or anyone who wishes to use it. Thank You

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • Queensway area

London 10 hours ago

We will be staying near Queensway tube station. What is this area like in the evening. Are there many nice bars and restaurants about? How does it compare with Paddington in terms of quantity and quality of local bars and restaurants, safety walking about in the late evening, transport links to Victoria station. Many thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to respond?

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London Dec 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

Travel from Heathrow to Penzance

England 17 hours ago

What would be the best way to get from Heathrow to Penzance? I have looked at getting the train into Padington, staying the night thn getting the train to Penzance the following day. It is quite expensive and adds the cost of accommodation in London. I then looked at staying overnight at Heathro and hiring a car to drive to Penzance. One car hire company has a drop-off point in Pnzance. This is half the cost of the train from Paddinngton option. How long would it take to drive from Heathrow to Penzance? The bus looks like an all-day affair and not that appealing. I am going walking the Coastal path from Penzance to Falmouh at end of May 2015. Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Jenni

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Things to do for free

London Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi.

I will be at London between the 5th and 12 of december. What I can't miss in London during those days?
      Anything for free?
      By the way, which markets can I visit?

Thanks!
      Best Regards..

more
    • what to see

by yarondo1 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

What's to see in one day close to the cruise port

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • Dover sightseeing buses

by lesliepentland Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are there any "on and off" sightseeing buses in Dover?

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Dover Tour

by Sarasp Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Hi

We are 2 girls from Spain and Italy currently living and working in London for a few months.

We want to visit different places around UK, so we will go tomorrow to Dover. We would like to meet someone from here who can explain us the beautiful city and have fun. Does anyone free tomorrow to meet with us?

Sara

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • shuttle bus from Dover Priory Station to East Docks Ferry Port

by grldspencer53 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Where can I get a timetable for this service

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • around dover

by cleohills Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i need a route by bus to show a visitor historical places in dover arriving by train

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • Surrounding Dover

by Slipperyfish Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

We are catching a boat to Iceland and thought of staying a couple of nights in Dover prior to embarkatiobn. Have you any suggestions of places to visit in the surrounding areas. Is there a area bus tour? We are OK with one castle but would like to see other stuff
      Thanks
      Kiwis from NZ

8 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • London to Dover

by Shar732 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Going out of Dover on a cruise. Thought of taking a bus from Victoria coach Station to Dover and getting a taxi to the port. How far is the cruise port from the Dover ferry and is it easy to get a taxi there? Approximately how much should the cab cost?

Any other suggestions for transportation from London to Dover would be appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Cruise ship to Dover town

by balramdass Online Now May 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Hi All. We will be cruising from Dover in July. Will be parking my car at the docks. Just wondering how far are the main tourist attractions in Dover before boarding the ship. Any local pubs around docks recommended before paying the steep cruise prices on ship :-) Any real local places to see?, thanks
      All suggestions appreciated in advance
      Bal

5 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • annahill's Profile Photo

Getting from the train to the ferry in Dover

by annahill Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I am planning on taking the train from london to Dover, then the ferry to Calais, France. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I get from the train station to the ferry station? Also if I leave London early enough can I visit Canterbury on my way to Dover without too much trouble? Thank you for your help.

5 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    • Getting from Heathrow to Dover

by smartlady25 Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Aside from a Taxi, can I take a fast speed train from Heathrow to Dover. How do I get info on the train? Will be staying at the Best Western.

3 Answers Oct 28, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    • Dover to Calais

by fati26 Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Hi

I am going to be travelling from dover to calais in about 2 weeks by car.
      I will be travelling with my cousin and my 2 and a half month baby.
      I would just like to know what the check in procedures are at dover before boarding and in calais when getting off the boat.

As i am travelling with a baby would just like to make it as easy as possible. The car will be rammed with all my baby stuff, so does anyone know if they stop all cars and search.
      Its been a while since i travelled by ferry so am not sure whether procedures have changed or not. I know security procedures and everything are tighter now adays.

Any help from fellow parents on the procedures of checking in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 1:15 AM
    • Dover Taxi availability

by ddschur Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM

We will be in Dover for an overnight stay and have reservations at La Scala restaurant which appears to be in the city.

Our hotel is ~1 mile away and we plan to take a taxi from the restaurant to the hotel.

First, how safe is that area around the restaurant?

Next, and more importantly, how readily available are Taxi's @ ~ 8-9PM when we should be concluding dinner?

If anyone has any suggestions about booking a taxi or whether they should be easily/readily available by the restaurant...it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies...

5 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Ferry from Dover to Calais/Dunkirk

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Hi,

We're going to be driving down a car from UK across Europe to Malta and we're going to be on a tight schedule.

I've found all the details of the ferries that cross from Dover to Calais or Dunkirk. However, I'm wondering if it's better to book online or you can just get there and get a ticket from there? It will be for 2 passengers and a car.

I know that the common reasoning is that if we're on a tight schedule we should book online to make sure we get on - but my worry is that we might arrive too late (or too early) and then won't be able to change the ticket.

Any advice?

Also, I've read you need to be there a certain amount of time before hand to check-in. How much before?

We're currently trying to decide between P&O (to Calais) or Norfolk Lines (to Dunkirk)....or if it pays us (time wise) the eurotunnel.

We would be travelling on a Friday (15th July) so I don't know if there would be any weekend rush or something that would cause delays.

Also, we would be driving down from Newark to Dover - and calculated about 3.5hrs... is this reasonable?

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

12 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Train from London to Dover

by hawkhead Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 1:14 AM

When I am in London next month I thought I would take a day trip to Dover (to visit the Castle). Easy, or so I thought. I used google and clicked on both the Trainline and Southern Railways website. So far, so good. Except.....

a) which station do I start out from?

b) which station do I want to arrive at for accessing the Castle - Priory or Court?

Seems a very expensive trip - £32 odd return.

Bus I gather is cheaper but takes longer? Is the bus arrival point any more convenient for my ultimate goal?

14 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    • Traveling from Dover to Paris

by Bigbear2010 Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I need advise on traveling from the cruise terminal in Dover to Paris.
      I think the P&O ferry will suite my needs. It was the only one online that let me enter a quote for a foot traveler. I think there is a shuttle from the cruise ship to the train station. Do I need to go there to get to the Eastern Docks?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    • shopping

by grammiejacques Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Hello I am living in France for the present time..I am planning on a trip to Dover this weekend...I would like to know about food stores...having a hard time here with weight watchers...does any one know of stores in Dover that sell weight watcher food items???thanks so much

2 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    • Transportation from Dover Western Terminal to Gatewick

by ferd10 Online Now Apr 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM

We have been attempting to locate reasonable and timely transportation from the Cruise Terminal to Gatewick Airport for a 13:30 departure on June 3, 2009.

Can someone advise what they have found regarding the above? We will be arriving by bus from London, but that does not seem to be practical for the return to the airport.

Thank you.

6 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    • Sailing into Dover

by luribe55 Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM

We are coming from the USA on a ship that ends in Dover, England we will have 6 days to spend after the sailing in Dover or another area of England; we are also open to traveling across the Channel to the mainland but we are a loss as to where to go, any suggestions?

4 Answers Feb 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    • London Flemings Mayfair hotel to dover and back

by jjxray71 Online Now Dec 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM

We (2 of us) are going to be in London at the Flemings Mayfair Hotel 7-12 half moon street with our baggage for several days and will need to get from London to Dover to board a cruise ship. What is the best way to get there and back to the Flemings Mayfair? We are in the US and would like to make arrangements before we leave home. London to Dover 4/28/2009 Dover to the Flemings Mayfair 5/10/2009
      Thanks.

2 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    • RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Speed Ferries Insolvency

by RhineRoll Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 3:07 AM

This is jolly bad news for all budget-minded travellers. Speed Ferries has entered administration, and as one of their open ticket holders I was informed that the administrators have failed to find a buyer, so the company and the crossings are going down the drain. Prices of crossings are already on the rise as the main, perhaps the only, challenger of the cartel has ceased to exist. RIP Speedferries, thanks for the services done to competition.

• aatt's Profile Photo

a day trip out of london

by aatt Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Hello everyone.
      I'll be visiting London in about two weeks (for the third time), and I think it's about time I pay a visit in attractions outside of London.
      I'll be traveling on public transportation so would it be wise to plan a day trip combining Dover castle and Canterbury.?
      If it is possible, which one should be my first stop, if my journey begins in London? What is the best route and means of transportation?

I'd appreciate some other ideas for daytrips outside of London (already traveled to Windsor, Rochester and Chatham).

Thank you very much for your time and attention,
      Rony

13 Answers Nov 24, 2008 at 3:36 AM
    • Dover to Southern Brittany

by NHAYTON Online Now Oct 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM

We will be coming off a NCL cruise ship in Dover and then want to travel to Quimper in Southern Brittany to get to a Keycamp site near Benodet. We assume the easiest way is to catch a ferry over to Calais and then catch a train from Calais. We are from New Zealand and haven't traveled round the UK or France before, so any advice would be appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 1, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • DOVER TO STANSTED

by graefin Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 11:42 AM

What is the best and cheapest way to get from the NCL Cruise dock in Dover to Stansted airport?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    • London to Dover

by rlincoln1 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM

We (4 of us) are going to be in London with our baggage for several days and will need to get from London to Dover to board a cruise ship. What is the best way to get there? We are in the US and would like to make arrangements before we leave home.
      Thanks.

4 Answers May 22, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    • From Heathrow to Dover (Leyburne Rd)

by Backpacker08 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Hi There

I have a specific destination to go to at Dover:
      Godwyne Hurst
      2, Leyburne Rd
      Dover Kent CT16 1SN

How do I reach there from Heathrow airport? An estimate of the travel cost and the time taken will also be helpful.

cheers
      Backpacker08

4 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    • Folkestone & Dover

by SPACEBOYS Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Hello, Im coming back from Germany via the Ferry to Dover and visiting a boarding school there, while we are here I need to get Clarks shoes for the kids! How far is Folkestone Town Centre away from Dover Town Centre? Please help me!!!!

2 Answers Apr 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM
    • Tour of Kent, including Canterbury and Dover, from Dover

by Sea-Ray Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 12:37 PM

We will be arriving by cruise ship in Dover at the end of July and have about 10 hours (on a Thursday) to tour Kent, focusing on Dover, Canterbury and vicinity. Is there a commerical tour avilable that provides such a tour within our time frame? If not, we'll rent a car and do it on our own in which case suggestions on the sights to see (mostly historical) and travel route will be most welcome.

Thanks for the help.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    • Transportation from Dover tain station to NCL cruise terminal

by mistyshadow1 Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I will be arriving Dover via train from Victoria and need to get from the train to the NCL cruise ship dock. Can you tell me the best means of transportation to use--taxi, bus, etc.---how do I make arrangements?

2 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    • To Dover from Paris

by ColGrant Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM

We are planning on travelling in the late summer and since we have never visited Europe, outside of London, plan on flying in to Paris for a quick look-around and head to Dover later that day. We want to spend one night there and take a cruise starting the next day via Iceland and Eastern Canada ending up in New York. Does the Eurorail from Paris stop before it gets to London? Is there a train to get us back out to Dover once we end up in London? My preference would be to disembark at Calais and take surface transportation to Dover. Is that possible? Thanks very much - in anticipation.

6 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM
    • Post-cruise tourist in dover

by patriciawilson Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM

We will be ending a cruise in Dover and would like to see Dover and Cantebury before going on to London. Is there a train that we can get that goes to Cantebury and back to Dover the same day? What is the average cost of a train round trip to Cantebury? Can we just book tickets when we get there?
      Thanks for the info

1 Answer Feb 13, 2008 at 7:38 PM