Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • How much money

London 2 hours ago

I am going to london for 5 days and Scotland for 5 days. My hotels and flights are already paid for with breakfast included. I was wondering how much spending money I will need for me and my girlfriend. I am staying about a mile away from Big Ben if that information is helpful.

Thank you

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Yesterday

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • transportation & activities from cruise ship in port at Portland UK

Portland Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Looking for recommendations for activities for 12 hours in port in early May. We have been to Stonehenge. Interested in Portland Museum, scenic views and walks. Is there a car rental agency or taxis to get around?

more
    • September Rugby

England Mar 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM

We'll be in England the last two weeks of September. We would like to watch rugby - are there any websites with schedules? Thank you.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • London to Amsterdam

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi All,

We are leaving London on the 2nd of July to Amsterdam, we are staying at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel - Weteringschans 253, 1017 XJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is Eurostar the best way to book this ?
      Also anyone know how far we will end up when we arrive in Amsterdam from the hotel?

Thanks

more
    • What to do

Twickenham Mar 30, 2014 at 5:56 AM

what to do with 3 children ( 9-15 ) and a dog in Twickenham on April 10th

more
    • local shops

West Kirby Mar 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM

what are the local shops like ? are there any markets ? are there any charity shops etc

more
    • getting out of airport

Heathrow Mar 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi I am Canadian passport holder. i am having my flight through heathrow airport. i am having 8 hrs of wait time between my connecting flight. so can i go out of airport to see my family in between??? and is there any fees i have to pay????

more
    • coronation street

Manchester Mar 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

how long does it take to get to coronation street from manchester piccadilly.how much in a taxi.

more
    • Easter Sunday Travel

Heathrow Apr 10, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I have a 7:30 a.m. flight out of Heathrow back to the U.S. on Easter Sunday, April 20. Will I have enough time to process if I arrive at the airport by 5:40 a.m.?

more
    • what to see

by yarondo1 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

What's to see in one day close to the cruise port

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • Dover sightseeing buses

by lesliepentland Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are there any "on and off" sightseeing buses in Dover?

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Dover Tour

by Sarasp Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Hi

We are 2 girls from Spain and Italy currently living and working in London for a few months.

We want to visit different places around UK, so we will go tomorrow to Dover. We would like to meet someone from here who can explain us the beautiful city and have fun. Does anyone free tomorrow to meet with us?

Sara

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • shuttle bus from Dover Priory Station to East Docks Ferry Port

by grldspencer53 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Where can I get a timetable for this service

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • around dover

by cleohills Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i need a route by bus to show a visitor historical places in dover arriving by train

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • Surrounding Dover

by Slipperyfish Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

We are catching a boat to Iceland and thought of staying a couple of nights in Dover prior to embarkatiobn. Have you any suggestions of places to visit in the surrounding areas. Is there a area bus tour? We are OK with one castle but would like to see other stuff
      Thanks
      Kiwis from NZ

8 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • London to Dover

by Shar732 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Going out of Dover on a cruise. Thought of taking a bus from Victoria coach Station to Dover and getting a taxi to the port. How far is the cruise port from the Dover ferry and is it easy to get a taxi there? Approximately how much should the cab cost?

Any other suggestions for transportation from London to Dover would be appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Cruise ship to Dover town

by balramdass Online Now May 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Hi All. We will be cruising from Dover in July. Will be parking my car at the docks. Just wondering how far are the main tourist attractions in Dover before boarding the ship. Any local pubs around docks recommended before paying the steep cruise prices on ship :-) Any real local places to see?, thanks
      All suggestions appreciated in advance
      Bal

5 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • annahill's Profile Photo

Getting from the train to the ferry in Dover

by annahill Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I am planning on taking the train from london to Dover, then the ferry to Calais, France. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I get from the train station to the ferry station? Also if I leave London early enough can I visit Canterbury on my way to Dover without too much trouble? Thank you for your help.

5 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    • Getting from Heathrow to Dover

by smartlady25 Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Aside from a Taxi, can I take a fast speed train from Heathrow to Dover. How do I get info on the train? Will be staying at the Best Western.

3 Answers Oct 28, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    • Dover to Calais

by fati26 Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Hi

I am going to be travelling from dover to calais in about 2 weeks by car.
      I will be travelling with my cousin and my 2 and a half month baby.
      I would just like to know what the check in procedures are at dover before boarding and in calais when getting off the boat.

As i am travelling with a baby would just like to make it as easy as possible. The car will be rammed with all my baby stuff, so does anyone know if they stop all cars and search.
      Its been a while since i travelled by ferry so am not sure whether procedures have changed or not. I know security procedures and everything are tighter now adays.

Any help from fellow parents on the procedures of checking in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 1:15 AM
    • Dover Taxi availability

by ddschur Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM

We will be in Dover for an overnight stay and have reservations at La Scala restaurant which appears to be in the city.

Our hotel is ~1 mile away and we plan to take a taxi from the restaurant to the hotel.

First, how safe is that area around the restaurant?

Next, and more importantly, how readily available are Taxi's @ ~ 8-9PM when we should be concluding dinner?

If anyone has any suggestions about booking a taxi or whether they should be easily/readily available by the restaurant...it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies...

5 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Ferry from Dover to Calais/Dunkirk

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Hi,

We're going to be driving down a car from UK across Europe to Malta and we're going to be on a tight schedule.

I've found all the details of the ferries that cross from Dover to Calais or Dunkirk. However, I'm wondering if it's better to book online or you can just get there and get a ticket from there? It will be for 2 passengers and a car.

I know that the common reasoning is that if we're on a tight schedule we should book online to make sure we get on - but my worry is that we might arrive too late (or too early) and then won't be able to change the ticket.

Any advice?

Also, I've read you need to be there a certain amount of time before hand to check-in. How much before?

We're currently trying to decide between P&O (to Calais) or Norfolk Lines (to Dunkirk)....or if it pays us (time wise) the eurotunnel.

We would be travelling on a Friday (15th July) so I don't know if there would be any weekend rush or something that would cause delays.

Also, we would be driving down from Newark to Dover - and calculated about 3.5hrs... is this reasonable?

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

12 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Train from London to Dover

by hawkhead Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 1:14 AM

When I am in London next month I thought I would take a day trip to Dover (to visit the Castle). Easy, or so I thought. I used google and clicked on both the Trainline and Southern Railways website. So far, so good. Except.....

a) which station do I start out from?

b) which station do I want to arrive at for accessing the Castle - Priory or Court?

Seems a very expensive trip - £32 odd return.

Bus I gather is cheaper but takes longer? Is the bus arrival point any more convenient for my ultimate goal?

14 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    • Traveling from Dover to Paris

by Bigbear2010 Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I need advise on traveling from the cruise terminal in Dover to Paris.
      I think the P&O ferry will suite my needs. It was the only one online that let me enter a quote for a foot traveler. I think there is a shuttle from the cruise ship to the train station. Do I need to go there to get to the Eastern Docks?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    • shopping

by grammiejacques Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Hello I am living in France for the present time..I am planning on a trip to Dover this weekend...I would like to know about food stores...having a hard time here with weight watchers...does any one know of stores in Dover that sell weight watcher food items???thanks so much

2 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    • Transportation from Dover Western Terminal to Gatewick

by ferd10 Online Now Apr 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM

We have been attempting to locate reasonable and timely transportation from the Cruise Terminal to Gatewick Airport for a 13:30 departure on June 3, 2009.

Can someone advise what they have found regarding the above? We will be arriving by bus from London, but that does not seem to be practical for the return to the airport.

Thank you.

6 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    • Sailing into Dover

by luribe55 Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM

We are coming from the USA on a ship that ends in Dover, England we will have 6 days to spend after the sailing in Dover or another area of England; we are also open to traveling across the Channel to the mainland but we are a loss as to where to go, any suggestions?

4 Answers Feb 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    • London Flemings Mayfair hotel to dover and back

by jjxray71 Online Now Dec 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM

We (2 of us) are going to be in London at the Flemings Mayfair Hotel 7-12 half moon street with our baggage for several days and will need to get from London to Dover to board a cruise ship. What is the best way to get there and back to the Flemings Mayfair? We are in the US and would like to make arrangements before we leave home. London to Dover 4/28/2009 Dover to the Flemings Mayfair 5/10/2009
      Thanks.

2 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    • RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Speed Ferries Insolvency

by RhineRoll Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 3:07 AM

This is jolly bad news for all budget-minded travellers. Speed Ferries has entered administration, and as one of their open ticket holders I was informed that the administrators have failed to find a buyer, so the company and the crossings are going down the drain. Prices of crossings are already on the rise as the main, perhaps the only, challenger of the cartel has ceased to exist. RIP Speedferries, thanks for the services done to competition.

• aatt's Profile Photo

a day trip out of london

by aatt Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Hello everyone.
      I'll be visiting London in about two weeks (for the third time), and I think it's about time I pay a visit in attractions outside of London.
      I'll be traveling on public transportation so would it be wise to plan a day trip combining Dover castle and Canterbury.?
      If it is possible, which one should be my first stop, if my journey begins in London? What is the best route and means of transportation?

I'd appreciate some other ideas for daytrips outside of London (already traveled to Windsor, Rochester and Chatham).

Thank you very much for your time and attention,
      Rony

13 Answers Nov 24, 2008 at 3:36 AM
    • Dover to Southern Brittany

by NHAYTON Online Now Oct 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM

We will be coming off a NCL cruise ship in Dover and then want to travel to Quimper in Southern Brittany to get to a Keycamp site near Benodet. We assume the easiest way is to catch a ferry over to Calais and then catch a train from Calais. We are from New Zealand and haven't traveled round the UK or France before, so any advice would be appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 1, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • DOVER TO STANSTED

by graefin Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 11:42 AM

What is the best and cheapest way to get from the NCL Cruise dock in Dover to Stansted airport?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    • London to Dover

by rlincoln1 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM

We (4 of us) are going to be in London with our baggage for several days and will need to get from London to Dover to board a cruise ship. What is the best way to get there? We are in the US and would like to make arrangements before we leave home.
      Thanks.

4 Answers May 22, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    • From Heathrow to Dover (Leyburne Rd)

by Backpacker08 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Hi There

I have a specific destination to go to at Dover:
      Godwyne Hurst
      2, Leyburne Rd
      Dover Kent CT16 1SN

How do I reach there from Heathrow airport? An estimate of the travel cost and the time taken will also be helpful.

cheers
      Backpacker08

4 Answers May 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    • Folkestone & Dover

by SPACEBOYS Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Hello, Im coming back from Germany via the Ferry to Dover and visiting a boarding school there, while we are here I need to get Clarks shoes for the kids! How far is Folkestone Town Centre away from Dover Town Centre? Please help me!!!!

2 Answers Apr 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM
    • Tour of Kent, including Canterbury and Dover, from Dover

by Sea-Ray Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 12:37 PM

We will be arriving by cruise ship in Dover at the end of July and have about 10 hours (on a Thursday) to tour Kent, focusing on Dover, Canterbury and vicinity. Is there a commerical tour avilable that provides such a tour within our time frame? If not, we'll rent a car and do it on our own in which case suggestions on the sights to see (mostly historical) and travel route will be most welcome.

Thanks for the help.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    • Transportation from Dover tain station to NCL cruise terminal

by mistyshadow1 Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I will be arriving Dover via train from Victoria and need to get from the train to the NCL cruise ship dock. Can you tell me the best means of transportation to use--taxi, bus, etc.---how do I make arrangements?

2 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    • To Dover from Paris

by ColGrant Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM

We are planning on travelling in the late summer and since we have never visited Europe, outside of London, plan on flying in to Paris for a quick look-around and head to Dover later that day. We want to spend one night there and take a cruise starting the next day via Iceland and Eastern Canada ending up in New York. Does the Eurorail from Paris stop before it gets to London? Is there a train to get us back out to Dover once we end up in London? My preference would be to disembark at Calais and take surface transportation to Dover. Is that possible? Thanks very much - in anticipation.

6 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM
    • Post-cruise tourist in dover

by patriciawilson Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM

We will be ending a cruise in Dover and would like to see Dover and Cantebury before going on to London. Is there a train that we can get that goes to Cantebury and back to Dover the same day? What is the average cost of a train round trip to Cantebury? Can we just book tickets when we get there?
      Thanks for the info

1 Answer Feb 13, 2008 at 7:38 PM