Travel Answers
Douglas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation from Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in October?

Isle of Man Mar 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Hi there!
      I'm wondering if anyone know of any transportation that runs from either Ireland or Scotland to the Isle of Man in Oct.
      I am doing 5 weeks in Ireland, with a quick jaunt to Scotland, this year and would like to be on the Isle of Man at the end of that month.

But in looking at the major ocean ferries, etc., none seem to run that time of year. Any inside info would be great!
      Thanks!

Kari C.

more
    • TT Races

by munich1 Online Now Dec 22, 2007 at 6:45 AM

I would like to travel to the Isle of Mann to see the TT races. Is there a good location to stay in Douglas which is not 5-star expensive ? Also close to good local restaurants. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

3 Answers Jan 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM
    • Douglas to Peel and back

by EGorton Online Now Sep 9, 2006 at 2:06 AM

Will be staying in Douglas from 18th to 22nd September. There are 3 of us and we want to spend one day in Peel. Trains don't seem to go there and we don't travel well on buses! Are taxis readily available in both places and are they very expensive?
      Will be very grateful for any information,

Many thanks

EG

2 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 6:46 AM
    • Musquy's Profile Photo

Villa Marina

by Musquy Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Last time I was in Douglas there was talk of booting the shopowners out of the Villa Marina, and replacing them with a medical centre. That’ll be fun, won’t it? Sitting in the Doctor’s surgery feeling grim, with a Robert Plant soundcheck going on next door. Dragging yourself along the Prom in mid-Winter to go to the doctor. Joining the ticket queue, only to find it’s the queue for repeat prescriptions….
      Anyway, does anybody know how far they’ve got with this daft idea? Am I still going to be able to buy my gifts & souvenirs in the Villa Marina Arcade this year, or do Pickwick’s now have the monopoly?

8 Answers May 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    • Pauldelabar's Profile Photo

Falcon Cliff Hotel

by Pauldelabar Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 2:23 PM

I remember the Falcon Cliff in the 80's when they had entertainment on. Iread on a site today that it is not a hotel any longer. Is this true? And if not a hotel, what is it?
      Thanks.
      Paul.

1 Answer Aug 3, 2005 at 5:28 AM
    • wicklow hills

by joanne4 Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 12:51 AM

has anyone stayed at wicklow hills guest house in douglas, i am going to be staying there soon and just wondered if i need to prepare myself!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2005 at 2:14 AM