Dos Bocas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beach close to airport

San Juan Jan 10, 2015 at 7:50 PM

We have a long wait for our flight back home and would like to check our luggage then go to a beach to hang out until our flight leaves. Not sure what beach is close enough and safe enough. Also, can you just walk onto any beach or do you have to be staying at a hotel there? Will it be easy to get a taxi back to the airport? Thanks.

more
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Safe parking at Ceiba airport?

Puerto Rico Jan 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM

We'll have a rental car on the big island, but taking a two-night side trip to Vieques by air from Ceiba. I have heard that leaving a car may not be safe. Can anyone tell me if I need to find a "secure" lot, or is basic airport parking adequate?

more
    • Dgunty13's Profile Photo

Do you feel safe in Fajardo as a tourist?

Puerto Rico Jan 24, 2015 at 10:01 AM

I'm planning my wedding @ El conquistador for next year & my family keeps finding articles about puerto rico being unsafe. We are from a suburb near Chicago and I keep reassurimg them it will be fine as long as we stay near the resort. Does anyone have any experiences in this area to speak to? I appreciate the reassurance! Thanks!

more

Need for Passport?

Puerto Rico Jan 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I'm a US citizen and resident, planning a trip to PR. Is there ANY reason to take a passport?

more

Bio bay tour - Boat or kayak?

Isla de Vieques Jan 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Trying to decide which tour to take. I hope to take a lot of photos, and figure that handling paddles and camera would be a hassle (not to mention the angst of tipping with a good camera). We can get our recreational paddling in during the day at another venue. On the other hand, a boat with 22 passengers (per Island Adventures Tours) sounds a bit crowded.

Any advice would be welcome. Abe's appears to be the premier kayak tour outfit? By a stroke of luck, we'll be there at almost the darkest phase of the moon.

more

Ideas? Where to spend our last night

Puerto Rico 3 hours ago

We'll be spending about 12 days in PR in February - 2-4 days in each of the following: Old Town, El Yunque, Vieques and Culebra. We have about 24 hours with a rental car (landing about noon in Ceiba, and departing next day from SJU). Without pounding the road too hard, any suggestions for that last day/night? We're not too keen on big resorts, especially all-inclusives.

more

El Yunque road closure

Puerto Rico Dec 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I understand there is a road closure due to a landslide on highway 191 through El Yunque, but I can't find specifics on just where that closure is. Can anyone help me?

more
    • Fun Bars/Food

Puerto Rico Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I am going with a group of 11 people on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015. Our cruise ship is in port from 3pm to 10pm. Can anyone one suggest authentic Puerto rican food? We are also looking for fun bars (for over 30 yr olds) to spend the rest of the time in port.

Thanks!

more
    • uneev's Profile Photo

Private boat tour

Puerto Rico Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I am visiting PR in April with 11 of my friends. One of the days I wanted to do a private boat/catamaran tour for 5-6 hours. We are staying in the Condado area. Any recommendations on who I can work with to do a private charter but reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • unsafe areas in puerto

San Juan Jan 4, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Unsafe areas in Puerto Rico,high crime

more
    • From Guanica, PR to Parador Casa Grande to Camuy Caves

by SaraRoy Online Now Feb 11, 2005 at 9:19 AM

My husband & I have been to Guanica before but we will be traveling for the first time to Casa Grande Parador, which is near Dos Bocas, and the next morning we plan to drive to the Camuy Caves. Our daughter and her family will be driving to meet us at Casa Grande from San Juan. None of us have done either of these trips. We hear it can be difficult and long. Has anyone had any experience with this? Have we bitten off more than we can chew? We then planned to drive back to Guanica that evening, but could stay one more night at Casa Grande. Also, if any of you seasoned veterans know of great places to either eat or just visit on the way, we'd love any suggestions.

1 Answer Mar 3, 2005 at 11:05 AM