Dortmund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• camping sites

Paderborn Jul 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

could anyone recommend a camping site near sennerlager army camp we will be visiting family in august

more
    • Railway station

Höxter Jul 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Has Hoexter a railway station? Or I can get there only a bus?

more
    • Are the shops open on sundays?

Duisburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Iam planning to visit Duisburg on 29-06-2014 and i wonder if the shops are open for selling clothes?

more
    • My first visit to Germany

Cologne Jul 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM

having a hard time deciding wether to buy a railpass or airline ticket. Will land in Dusseldorf then train to Cologne where I stay for few days, then I want to go to Munich for two-three days, take a day trip to the castle, then I go to Italy to Genoa then to Brindisi. Panicking now with all the tips I get about what to do to communicate with my family in the USA (this is my first trip to Germany) get a prepaid phone card as I;ve done in the past or a SIMs card? I will arrive in Germany first week of September, my friend told me the climate will be cold.

more
    • Aachen to Amsterdam

Aachen Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to go to Amsterdam from Aachen this friday?

more
    • Typical German Dinner for 30 people

by SvBLC Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I am looking for a restaurant in Dortmund for 30 people on 27/6/2014. We need a reservation for 19:00. I will pay something for the service. Please contact me if you can make a booking with these requirements. Anyone living in Dortmund must know a place which is suitable and can make the call.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM
    • Myrhael's Profile Photo

Is there bus from Dortmund airport to Horde (near Dortmund) ?

by Myrhael Online Now May 19, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Is there bus from Dortmund airport to Horde ?

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • Accomodation in Dortmund/ near Dortmund

by ela70 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I want to spend a weekend in Dortmond/ near Dortmund . I'm looking for a cosy, comfortable place to stay, low budget if possible. Any recommendation?
      Thank you very much !

1 Answer May 18, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    • semjdt's Profile Photo

Airport stop over

by semjdt Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM

My wife and I have a 5 hour (+ 2 hours for check-in) airport stop over on February 14. Can anyone recommend us a restaurant in central Dortmund for a relaxing lunch?

Also, is there a left luggage office at the airport to store our case? And, we will need to be back at the airport for around 18:15 - how long should we allow for a shuttlebus journey at this time in the evening

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    • KatieP20's Profile Photo

Help! - travel guide

by KatieP20 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Anyone know any good English travel guides for Dortmund? I have been looking at the lonely planet guide for Germany but not sure if this will be Any help. Thanks

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    • blackshadow23's Profile Photo

Silvester in Dortmund

by blackshadow23 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

I'll be spending New Year's Eve in Germany and was planning to go to Dortmund. Are there any nice places to spend it? Clubs? Hotels? Also is it possible to travel back home to a nearby town early morning? How does the public transport run on that day? Is it better to maybe book a room in Dortmund itself?

I also thought that maybe other towns will be better than Dortmund, like Düsseldorf. I have read many Silvester offers online with party tickets ranging from 80-400 €. Should i get one of these or just go on the day?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you! :)

2 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • Trip at Dortmund

by tulip662006 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I will be stay at Arcadia Hotel Goldschmieding at Dortmund for 1 weeks. May i know any interested place near by for me to walk around?

12 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

Laundry services.

by Miguelzgz Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Hello all.
      I have some coworkers in Dortmund for a long term stay, and they haven´t found a laundry service. They can´t not comunicate in English or German so that doesn´t help. I have made a fast search in Google and nothing came in Dortmund city.
      Do you know of any of those business? This is not the exact type of travel related question we use to see in this forum...but I need your help!

Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

To Charloroi(Belgium) by public transport?

by Miguelzgz Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Hello all.
      Probably I will have to visit Dortmund frecuently during the next year due to my work. I see it is only 300 km from Charleroi, and my home town is linked to Charleroi by RyanAir...so I would like to know if it is posible to move from Charleroi to Dortmund using public transport or I will have to rent a car every time?.

I don´t know if I should start searching at the belgian public transport or at the german system...Thank you for any help.

12 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    • JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

Getting from Dortmund to Brussels late at night

by JJfromNJ Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to the Dortmund/Schalke match at Signal Iduna Park on Nov 26. We have a flight leaving Brussels at 10:00 am the next morning. It seems the latest train leaves Dortmund at 5:37 pm (I think the match should end around the same time), and the earliest train on Nov 27 doesn't arrive in Brussels Centraal until 8:32 am, which cuts it pretty close. I've also tried to find some bus schedules but it seems they are even less accommodating for us than the trains.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get to Brussels airport in time for the flight? It seems like such a short distance so it must be possible. I would rent a car but I'd like to be able to drink a few beers in Dortmund.

Thanks for any responses.

6 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    • Overnight stop in Dortmund

by cbasile Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

We will be travelling from Berlin to Calais and would like an overnight stop in Dortmund. We will be driving and so would like to stay near the appropriate motorways so that we do not waste too much time when we arrive and when we leave the next morning. Does anyone have any suggestions where to stay?

3 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM
    • From Dortmund to Hannover

by pavlovicm76 Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Can someone help me how to rich from Dorthmund to Hannover. I tried to visit www.bahn.de but when I try to give directions it doesnt work.
      Can someone help me with it. I would like to travel on 14th July,2011. Do they have morning trains and what will be the cost for it. How can I order it if I cant open the link. Is there someother way to purchase ticket, is it more expencive?! Is there any other way how to rich Hannover from there.
      Any help is usfull!

7 Answers Jun 25, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    • Wolfgang Lehmann - Borussia Supporter in South Africa

by Wolfganglehmann Online Now May 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I'll be in Germany in September and would like to visit the WESTFALEN Stadium.
      Are there different tours or is there only one special one. ?
      What must I do and where can I get tickets ?
      I will be based in Bottrop

Regards,
      wolfgang Lehmann

2 Answers May 18, 2011 at 5:59 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Monument at Freiherr-von-Stein-Platz

by schmechi Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM

On the way from the terminal to Münsterstraße at Freiherr-von-Stein-Platz there is a monument with a person using a dipper (or a similar tool). Do you know what it is called and whom it remembers?

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Zeche Zollern, Zeche Zollverein or Deutsches Bergbaumuseum

by schmechi Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I'll be in Ruhr next March for one single day and so I've only got time for one single sight. I want to do something linked to the region's history, so I tend to visit a sight, which have to do with mining. I googled the industrial heritages mentioned in the subject, so I am curious, which of these sights you would prefer.

Additionally I read, that Zeche Zollern was renovated in 2010. Is the job already done or will there be handicaps due to renovation?

BTW: I know, that only Zeche Zollern is directly in Dortmund, but as far as I realize moving by public transport is no problem at all in Ruhr.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 3:19 AM
    • Student Accomodation & Veg Meals near Dortmund Technical University

by ravimodi Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Hi,

I am from Mumbai, India & my son will be visiting Dortmund Technical University for around 8-10 weeks for training from May to end of July 2010. Please suggest some good & cheap student accomodation in and around Dortmund TU. Also please guide us regarding food arrangement since we are pure Vegetarian and require hotels/Mess serving Indian/Veg Meals.

Ravi Modi

2 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    • Getting from Frankfurt Airport to Dortmund Technical University

by ajoyraman Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM

My Respects ! We are from Bangalore in India
      My Son has a short term fellowship at the University of Dortmund.
      May I request directions by train from Frankfurt Airport to The University Campus at Dortmund.
      Many Thanks, Ajoy

3 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Walking from the train station to the Football stadium?

by christine.j Online Now Nov 3, 2009 at 11:08 AM

My husband is going to a football match in the Signal Iduna Stadion in Dortmund and he's trying to decide which train to take for the return trip. Has anyone walked from the DB stop at the Signal Iduna Stadion from the stadium? It's quite close, judging from the map on the website, but is it more a matter of five minutes or rather 10/15 minutes?

7 Answers Nov 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    • Bratislava to Dortmund

by Daoruiensi Online Now Jul 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I will need to travel from Bratislava for a meeting in Dortmund.

1. What is the best form of travel?
      2. How far is Dortmund to Frankfurt as I will need to take a flight back to Singapore from Frankfurt Airport.

Appreciate all your kind advice. Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 1, 2008 at 10:45 PM
    • Vinyards

by Dwarf5 Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 1:08 AM

I am staying in Dortmund in Late August for one day on the way to Berlin for a friends party. My wife and i would like to know if there is a vineyard we could visit whilst we are there. We are staying south east of the centre.

2 Answers Jul 11, 2008 at 1:43 AM
    • gbe1984's Profile Photo

Outlying Areas....

by gbe1984 Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Hi everyone, my wife and I will be staying in Dortmund for probably about 10 days in late June. I'm from rural Texas, and I enjoy cities but might like to also see some less crowded places in Germany. My question is, if I'm staying in Dortmund, can you suggest some places outside of town to visit that are smaller? Do community trains travel to these outlying places? Any other tips are welcome as well.

6 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    • Restaurants/Night out for New Years Eve in Dortmund?

by Widget1980 Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 5:49 AM

Hello,

I'm coming to Dortmund from London for a New Years break. Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant or night out for New Years Eve? I'm staying in the NH Dortmund, Königswall, 1, D-44137 Dortmund so the nearer to there the better.

Thanks for any responses.
      Kind Regards,
      Widget

3 Answers Sep 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    • porche911's Profile Photo

Christmas Market 2007

by porche911 Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Hi, I will be in Dortmund, at the NH Hotel, Konigswall over 7/8/9 December.

Am I close to where the market takes place ?
      Can any local VT'r recommend a nice place to eat around this hotel?....and maybe a typical beer cellar for a meal on another night?
      Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

1 Answer Nov 18, 2007 at 2:18 PM
    • Bar/Restaurant...

by dcedinburgh73 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 3:32 AM

Can anyone who knows Dortmund recommend a bar or restaurant that is near

Express By Holiday Inn
      DORTMUND
      MOSKAUER STRASSE 1
      DORTMUND, 44269

Somewhere that you could walk to in under 15 minutes that offers food on a friday night around 10pm.
      Ideally a bar that does food rather than for a formal sit down meal

Many Thanks

2 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 11:22 PM
    • Football match in Dortmund

by footiefan Online Now May 14, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Brazil and Turkey will be playing a friendly match on June 5th in Dortmund. Could anyone tell me how to get tickets online? (I'm in the US)

Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 10, 2007 at 1:53 AM
    • Dortmund to Dusseldorf

by dougie5419 Online Now May 14, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Can anyone advise the cheapest way to travel from Dortmund to Dusseldorf. What is the approximate cost?

9 Answers May 20, 2007 at 11:40 AM
    • Tryp Hotel Dortmund / university area

by AFCB Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 1:47 PM

I am thinking of staying at this hotel while I am in Dortmund in a few weeks.

Is this University area a bit out of town and bleak / empty - Or are there still bars and eateries within a short distance of the Hotel / Area?

Thanks Dortmunders!

1 Answer Jan 26, 2007 at 3:51 AM
    • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

world cup vt meeting in dortmund on sunday the 18th of june.

by cachaseiro Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 3:19 PM

there will be a vt meeting in dortmund on sunday the 18th of june.
      we will meet up at Friedensplatz at 17:00 where they have a big screen showing brazil vs australia.
      then we can have a few drinks and a bite to eat while watching if the australian kangoroos get their tails bitten off by ronaldinhos big teeth.
      after that we can just take it as it comes and wander around town and party with all the football fans.
      afterall this is a very special month in germany.
      looking forward to see you guys.

the place where we meet might be crowded so i will make a big banner saying "vt meeting" and bring it along.
      just look out for the sign and you can´t go wrong.
      i will bring my cell phone and the number is +45 22 42 43 46 so just call me if you are having problems locating

1 Answer Jun 19, 2006 at 12:39 PM
    • New2EU's Profile Photo

Is there a lot to do in Dortmund?

by New2EU Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 6:34 AM

I am looking at going to Dortmund for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on Monday June 12. I am haveing trouble finding a place to stay and was wondering if there was enough to see there for 3 days or if I should just cut my trip a little short. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Cheers!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2006 at 6:49 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

First visit to Dortmund since 1967!

by doofus Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 11:57 AM

I am going to Dortmund on 11th May for a few days. I used to be stationed there in the British Army then. I was at West Riding Barracks. Would anyone know if the barracks are still there and still in use?

From the centre of town we used to get Tram number 7 and ask for Nussbaumweg. Does that tram still operate the same route?

I used to frequent the bars in Dortmund Horde area. I wonder what that is like now. The beer I liked best was Dortmunder Hansa out of the 7 different beers that was brewed in Dortmund.

Any idea how I would get from the airport to that part of town?

I am looking forward so much to my visit. I used to watch Borussia Dortmund play a lot. I recall seeing a match against Hamburg when Uwe Seiller was playing. Sigi Held played for Dortmund I think and also the German keeper?

Any info woud be so much appreciated.

pete

10 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 2:05 AM