Dordrecht Travel Answers

change location

Trains from Rotterdam to Dordrecht

by Lynny68 Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Im visiting Dordrecht at the end of this month Feb 2013 and need to get a train from Rotterdam...which is the best one to get. Im coming in from Brussels on the eurostar and staying at the Watertorten hotel and should be arriving about 19:00 on 25/2/13

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Trains from Rotterdam to Dordrecht

by johngayton Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'm not sure what question you are asking here. Trains from Rotterdam to Dordrecht are very frequent - sometimes only five minutes apart and rarely more than 10 and so it's just a matter of arriving Rotterdam and getting the next train - the journey time is only about 15 mins.

Eurostar doesn't run between Brussels and Rotterdam and so that's confusing - do you mean one of the other premium trains such as Thalys??

For the Dutch trains use the journey planner on - www.ns.nl (there is an English option)

For Belgium into the Netherlands - http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/index.php

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I assume 19:00 is the time you want to be at the Watertoren Hotel at Dordrecht.

Best is to take the Thalys from Brussels-Midi to Rotterdam Centraal; departure 16.52 and arrival 18.02.

The train to Dordrecht departs from Rotterdam Centraal track 4 at 18.18; arrival at Dordrecht at 18.31.

Bus 4 departs at 18.50 and arrives at 18.55 at the Recklinghausenweg bus stop.

From the bus stop you'll see the hotel.

PJ

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Ooops, I made a typo; it's bus 5 for the last part (or a taxi).

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines