Dorado Travel Answers

change location

Dorado

by Noppo Online Now Apr 3, 2003 at 10:15 AM

Hello. I will be staying in Dorado area in the end of April. There are some restaurants in the hotel I am staying at but I would like to try local restaurants, cafe and bars. Are there any good restaurants to eat out and bars to hang out in Dorado? While staying there, I would also like to explore Old San Juan. How long does it take to get into Old San Juan from Dorado? Are there public transportation? Do I need to rent a car? I would appreciate your help and comments. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Dorado

by abeloff Online Now Apr 8, 2003 at 11:38 AM

Good restaurants in town include La Terrazza for seafood (there is also an upstairs terrace bar), El Ladrillo for excellent quality/varied menu, El Malecon for local Puerto Rican/"Criollo" cooking, Mangere for Italian, and Trattoria Gargani for Italian. About 45 minute drive to San Juan -- either take taxi (expensive), tour bus from your hotel, or rent a car(recommended way). Get directions from hotel concierge, but be very careful about driving at night -- locals drive very fast, and the side roads are full of potholes - main highways are fine, though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Dorado

by Noppo Online Now Apr 16, 2003 at 11:19 AM

Thank you for the information. I would definitely try local food. Right now my work has been really hectic so I will be spedning most of my stay lying on the beach and snorkeling...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dorado