Doolin Travel Answers

change location

travel in doolin

by frenchie.musician Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

hi,
i'm a french girl and i'm looking for a one-week-trip with my best friend... the only thing is, i'm 15 and she's 16 so we just wanted to know if we can enter in a pub... the other thing is, i'm looking for a cute village tippical of ireland, and i'm affraid that there's too much tourists in doolin...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: travel in doolin

by cgf Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

you must be 16 to be allowed to enter in a pub but you can't drink alcohol and leave before 9pm. this is the rule I knew.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

If you're so young, then finding accommodation may also be a problem?
    Many hotels have a minimum age requirement, and even hostels may balk at accommodating you, as you may legally be deemed 'unaccompanied minors'. I'm not sure how it works for Ireland, but it's certainly worth checking on.

• gabesz's Profile Photo

by gabesz Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think you should do this trip with your parents and forget going alone. Kids you age will not be allowed to check into any hotel or hostel. Also entry into the pub will be ok if you are 16 but you will be kicked out after 9 in the evening. And your 15 year old friend will not be allowed in with just you alone.

You are still young, I would wait till you are both 18 to make this trip.

• Re: travel in doolin

by frenchie.musician Online Now Oct 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

thanks for answering :-)
    well i know that i'm young but I live alone and I'm in the 2 last grades of school and i'll have my last graduation at 16 so anyway I'm gonna have to do things by myself,
    I'm a musician and if everything is all right I gonna have to go somewhere like paris, amsterdam or toronto in 3 years so I wont be 17 anyway...
    I know my age is a problem but there is no solution...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines