Doolin Travel Answers

change location

On our way to Doolin...

by Cincinnatichicki Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Hi Folks! My friend and I are Doolin-bound on September 2, 2006.

I've found all your pages most helpful--can't wait to see the cliffs, islands, and pubs. I bless whomever mentioned that Doolin has no-ATM's! Thank you much!

Here's the bummer thing: our rental car fell through. (Way too many Euro's required to secure one) so we're going to be limited by what we can see with our own two feet, bus pass, and occasional taxi.

Aside from the cliffs, burren, island, caves and Doonagore castle, anythind else local to Doolin you'd recommend seeing?

How about anything that can be reached on a one-day's bus trip? Limerick is in the works...as is Ennis.

Thanks!
Cincinnatichicki

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • EllenH's Profile Photo

RE: On our way to Doolin...

by EllenH Online Now Aug 24, 2006 at 3:33 PM

Our rental car also fell through when we found out our credit card did not cover the insurance in Ireland and we did not want to spend an extra 200 euro to get it, as it turned out we spent just about as much on public transportation. Doolin was great, one of our favorite places.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: On our way to Doolin...

by Cincinnatichicki Online Now Aug 25, 2006 at 10:23 AM

We are so looking forward to seeing Doolin. What was the best way to travel? We're taking a cab from the airport--we're arriving on a Sunday, and the bus schedules are sketchy at best on Sunday. Other than that, we were thinking to take a bus. I figure we'll probably spend comparable to what we would have put in the gas tank each day.

Anyway, even if we just sit up by the cliffs, atleast we will be there.

Thanks!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines