Donetsk Travel Answers

change location
inthesunshine's Profile Photo

EURO 2012 Accommodation in Donetsk required - Apartment/House?

by inthesunshine Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Hello Everyone,
As you know everyone is trying to rip off the travelling football supporters with hugely inflated prices for hotels, etc. Myself and two friends are travelling over to Donetsk from England for the European Cup Finals in June. Our flights are already booked. We are wondering if there is anyone with spare accommodation that could house us for our duration in Donetsk which will probably be for a minimum of two weeks. If possible we would like someone that can speak some English and would be able to take us around in their car to see the sights, go the Football matches in Donetsk, airport pick ups and visit any tourist sites. All of this we will pay for.

If there is anyone interested then please contact me through this forum.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards
ITS
England

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: EURO 2012 Accommodation in Donetsk required - Apartment/House?

by cubsur Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Rip-off? No, market forces. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the depressed and cash-strapped Ukrainians and Poles to make some money from the free-spending rich westerners.

Olympic games anyone?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

by inthesunshine Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Call it what you want, but it is a rip off, just like in South Africa. It isn't the Ukrainians that will get the money, but the big global companies.

In Germany 2006 it didn't happen. The transport, hotels, campsites were all of an excellent standard and we didn't get ripped anywhere.

If we can manage to do what we set out to do with our accommodation request then local people will benefit financially, not some big fat westerner who hasn't been anywhere near Ukraine?

Thanks for your reply all the same.

ITS

• melek02's Profile Photo

by melek02 Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Very funny about Germany... I go to Dusseldorf sometimes and stay at the same hotel, it cost 250 EURO per night during trade show days and 60 EURO per night then there is no trade show there
    So I agree with cubsur it’s just market conditions… And of course not only big corporations will earn money. It will give opportunity to earn some extra for local small business as well

• Re: EURO 2012 Accommodation in Donetsk required - Apartment/House?

by bone12 Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM

If you do not find a hotel, try to rent an apartment on the diurnal come even cheaper than a hotel, the link above to below the site
    http://sca.dn.ua/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines