Donegal Travel Answers

change location

alli0279

by alli0279 Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hi im coming to Donegal in Marh this year and need to find quickest/cheapest way to get there from England north yorks. I can get flights to Dublin and Belfast but struggling to get from there onwards. Also do u know of any ar hire companys at Donegal airport or need by as i woulld also need a car. Last but not least best irish bars to visit for music, food etc?

Would really appreciate ths as never been to Ireland before and cant wait to go.A suprise trip for my boyfriend for his birthday x
Many thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • tony2phones's Profile Photo

Re: alli0279

by tony2phones Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I would fly into Derry and hire from there,(possibly a small charge to take the car over the border by a couple of the rental companies). Donegal Airport is strictly regional. You can get to Donegal either over the Foyle bridge or if you fancy the scenic route as a longish diversion there is a ferry up north from Greencastle to Magilligan

There are a few good bars in Donegal itself and most would fit your requirements.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: alli0279

by alli0279 Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Hi that's great Tony many thanks!!

• tony2phones's Profile Photo

Re: alli0279

by tony2phones Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Just looked at Derry Airport and it seems flights have been reduced so might not be an easy option. If Belfast(either airport) or Dublin flights are comparable then I would opt for Belfast, This is the Titanic Centenary and there's a good bit going on that might be worth looking at. Another point might be your Age, if you are under 25 you are unlikely to be able to hire a car in the republic.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines