change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Roadtrip Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jul 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Hello,
      I am planning on a 10 day camping road trip through Costa Rica in August. Hoping to visit both Coasts and also hike up Chirripo.
      What are some can't-miss destinations I need to be aware of? How safe is it to drive at night? Where can I find a list or a website with campsite information? Or how safe is it to just free-camp/wild-camp?
      Thanks for any advice,
      Sibu

more
    • Retiring to Monteverde...

Monteverde Jul 30, 2015 at 1:58 PM

How is the real estate in Monteverde? I have searched online and have not found a lot of real estate properties there? Where can I find out more information on that?

more
    • 4x4 Campers in Costa Rica?

Costa Rica Jul 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hello, im planning on going to Costa Rica soon and would like to find a company that rents camping gear and 4x4's. I've done several trips like this in South Africa and Australia with rooftop tents and lots of equipment but can't find the usually companies in Costa Rica. Does anyone know of anything similar to this?
      Thanks,
      Sibu

more
    • Coconut Grove

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It seems quite nice, and a good option (ie. meaning it's well reviewwed, around the $100 range and close to the beach).

We're trying to decide between Coconut Grove and Villas Rio Mar, which seems like another great option.

Thanks!

• is a car necessary?

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hello, VTers! We have decided that we're doing 4 nights and 5 days in the Dominical / Quepos / Manuel Antonio area.

We're trying to do it without a car, but I'm not sure if it would make things very inconvenient for us, and it's just not worth it do that area without a car.

We arrive in Quepos via shuttle on the morning of Day 1, and we plan to go straight to Dominical. Would you recommend taking a public bus, or taxi down to Dominical from Quepos, if we don't have a car?

Then we were planning on spending the day in Dominical and Uvita on Days 1 and 2. For Days 3 and 4, we were planning on moving up to Quepos and MA, and then we fly out to San Jose on Day 5.

Would you recommend staying in Quepos / MA for the entire 4 nights, and doing day trips down to Dominical and Uvita? Or is a good idea to spend 2 nights in Dominical, and then 2 nights in Quepos? Do you recommend a car to do this? Or do you think that public transport is adequate? The bus from Quepos to Dominical seems to take 2 hours.

Even in Dominical, it seems it's advisable that we have a car. We were hoping to find accommodations (around $100 per night) in Dominical, but I can't seem to find a good place right in town. The good places seem to be either over $150, or pretty shabby. The places that are reasonable and well rated seem to require a car, as they're just outside of Dominical (ex. Villas Rios Mar).

What are your thoughts in trying to do this area without a car?

Many thanks in advance!

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • driving time

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Does anyone know how long the drive from Dominical to Quepos is, and how long the drive from Dominical to Drake Bay?

Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM