Dominica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dreams Resort & spa Punta Cana

Dominica May 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I heard here was some type of gas explosion at DReams Punta cana resort? Can you advise?

5 Answers May 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • Dominica shopping

Dominica May 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM

My wife and I were on a world cruise recently. We stopped in Dominica on our way up from South America. She bought some beaded bracelet watches off of the pier. Is there a way to get them without going back?

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

Cruis stop in Roseau

Dominica Oct 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM

what to do in Dominica during a short stay with a cruiseship if you dont want to climb hills ?

• Dominica with family of adults and children

Dominica Dec 6, 2011 at 9:31 PM

We are going to Dominica on Dec 19th and will be on a cruise but have 10 people in our group- 5 adults 5 youth 6 to 15 years of age. What is your recommendation for the day and how is best way to get a guide or driver to take us around.
      Cal

2 Answers Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM
    • Advice on where to stay....place on coast and inland

Dominica Feb 13, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Hi, my husband and I are going to Dominca in March and would like to divide our stay between the shore and inland jungle. We are looking to spend 100 per night. No frills needed, just comfy and friendly accomadations, ac is nice, but as long as the fans are strong....that is fine. We love to snorkel and hike. I have found good reviews about Hibiscus Adventure center, Roots jungle retreat, and Cocoa Cottages. Anyone have any personal favorites about those or other reccomendations?

As for the coast....have not found too much. Would prefer cabana or B&B style over hotel style......

Please tell me all you can about places/lodging.......THANKs

• best of Dominica

Dominica Jan 29, 2010 at 6:37 AM

planning on going early April and want to know where the best place to stay would be and the best part of the island to be a home base for exploring.

• MLW20's Profile Photo

Dominica visit at end of March- early April

Dominica Jan 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I will be visiting Dominica with my wife at the end of March. I was trying to figure out the best way to spend our time. Can anyone suggest a rough itinerary for 9 days?
      Also we are debating if we should take a ferry to another island for a few days. So maybe spend like 6 days on Dominica etc...

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

3 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    • Dengue Fever

Dominica Nov 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM

We are thinking of travelling to dominica this winter with a 5 month old baby and 3 year old for a couple of months. I know the island has dengue fever, but does anyone know how common it is, and should I be worried about travelling with such young children?
      Thanks Carla

2 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    • Living in Dominica with 2 small kids- and is the SURF UP ?

Dominica Oct 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

My daughter, hubbie and 2 small kids are thinking about building a home in Dominica. Decision is based on a few things. Told them how great this site is and would post the following queires:

1. Is there any good surf on the island?

2. What are the main health challenges for 'foreigners'?

3. What is healthcare provision like?

4. Would a 30yr old English perosn find it hard / OK to meet similar Mums?

Probably lots of other questions, but will update!

Cheers

Rose

• ldanner

Dominica May 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Can you purchase fruits and have them shipped back home?

1 Answer May 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    • Cruise Stop

Dominica May 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM

We are taking a cruise which stops in Dominica....any suggestions for a nice day, where we don't have to be shuffled around by a tour guide etc...? Any suggestions on how to best spend our time would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dawn

• Food shopping in Dominica

Dominica Dec 21, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hello, we are going to Dominica for a third time in January and staying for 5 weeks. I'd really welcome ideas on places to shop for food as we'll have a cottage. We like the Roseau market for fruit and veg, and the 2 supermarkets but wonder if there are any recommendations for fish buying and for vegetarian foods.
      All ideas are welcome

2 Answers May 17, 2009 at 4:37 AM
    • Ferries from St. Lucia to Dominica

Dominica Jun 2, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Does anyone know of a ferry service between St. Lucia & Dominica? How much would it cost (USD) and how many people does it hold? Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM
    • Hairdresser

Dominica Mar 23, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Whilst visiting Dominica I need to visit a hairdresser to do my hair.
      I have European hair. Does anyone know of a salon or salons please. thnx glynne from Netherlands

2 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    • lil_wings's Profile Photo

Cocoa Cottages and Eco Lodge- outside of Roseau

Dominica Jan 16, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Has anyone heard anything about this guest house or stayed there? I am planning a trip to Dominica during the summer, and I had heard about this place from a passer-by. I am planning on doing some SCUBA diving while I am in Dominica, but it's not the ONLY reason that I am going.

Any input would be great. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 5:34 AM
    • Irina80's Profile Photo

How to get to Dominica?

Dominica Nov 30, 2007 at 12:06 PM

I'm planning a trip to Dominica in march 2008, will be flying from Houston, TX. What's interesting is that I can get tix Houston - San Juan(PR) for 280USD but to get from there to Dominica will cost me almost 600 and up and that's for an hour flight!!! Please, help! The only airlines I could find that are flying from San Juan are American Eagle and LIAT. Has anyone heard of an alternative way(s) to get to Dominica, cheaper air, perhaps boat or ferry or on the back of a dolphin:-). I've been googling like crazy:) but so far haven't found much. Thanks a lot. I appreciate any help!

9 Answers Oct 19, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    • What to do in Dominica

Dominica Aug 16, 2007 at 8:16 AM

I am taking a cruise that stops in Dominica for the day and I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions on some must see sites? I've tried to find places online and havent really had much luck so I thought I would go this route. Any help is appreciated! Would i be better of to rent a car for the day and just drive myself around or would that take too much time up.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Answer Oct 5, 2007 at 2:59 PM
    • How bad are the bugs

Dominica May 30, 2007 at 1:35 PM

I love everything I've read and heard about Dominica and considering investing in some land, but am a little worried about the bug situation. Are mosquitoes and other biting critters a big problem? Minor annoyance? Does it vary by part of the island? Is there anythign that's close to the sea but not super-buggy?

Many thanks!

• dougcall's Profile Photo

Hiking Adventure in Dominica

Dominica Jan 1, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I really love to hike in beautiful, unusual and unique places. I've read that Dominica offers some really great hikes. I wondered if someone can point me to hiking guides of the island? I started hiking when I was 5 years old and I've been in south Florida (Fort Lauderdale) for a few years (highest point above sea level about 17 feet ;-} ) so I haven't had time to hit the mountains. Any recommendations of what neat picturesque city I should use for my base of operation?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    • There is a new lakes related forum now available

Fresh Water Lake Nov 8, 2006 at 8:19 AM

There is a new lakes related forum at 1lakes.com. Please take a look and recommend additional links and become a contributor to the forum. Anything lake related is welcome.

• Champagne Reef

Dominica Oct 12, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Would love to snorkel here can the reef be reached from shor or should I hire a boat????

1 Answer Oct 13, 2006 at 8:06 AM
    • What to do off a cruise ship in Roseau, Dominica in Oct

Dominica Aug 4, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Going to be in Barbados off a cruise ship. Travelling with a 3 year old and some other senior citizens. Don't want to pay an arm and a leg on shore excursions. My ship docks at 7:00AM leaving at 6:00PM Any ideas? What is there to do?

3 Answers Oct 15, 2007 at 10:51 AM
    • CelticFire's Profile Photo

Ashore in Dominica

Dominica Nov 20, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Stopping in Dominica in December have around 8 hours ashore. The Ship does a tour taking in Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool. Can this be done privately ashore, or are we better taking the ship's option?

any advice would be helpful

4 Answers Jan 1, 2006 at 3:08 PM
    • LOOKING FOR SOAP MADE IN DOMINICA

Dominica Jan 4, 2005 at 6:20 PM

Help..... have any recent travelers to Dominica, or locals, come across a soap called Refresh With Aloe Vera- it has a black wrapper and shows a picture of the green aloe vera stems. If this soap is still available there and any one sees it, would you please enter a post and tell me where you saw it? Thanks!!!!

7 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 6:18 PM
    • Melville Hall Directions

Dominica Oct 14, 2004 at 6:17 AM

Hello I will be traveling to Melville Hall in about 2 weeks and I am getting a rental car from the airport. Can you give me directions or a time estimate on how long it would take me to get to Roseau? I would prefer to drive along the coastline, as I am a little concerned about the twisty roads of the interior route. Many thanks

2 Answers Sep 28, 2005 at 5:57 AM
    • tabhauser's Profile Photo

Our Trip Log from Dominica

Dominica Oct 12, 2004 at 6:56 PM

We spent 5 days in Dominica and happy to share our trip log with the group. Go to www.tabhauser.com and click Dominica. Thanks for the past tips here. Regards Tab

• bergkamp10's Profile Photo

Melville Hall ATM

Dominica May 8, 2004 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone know if Melville Hall Airport has an ATM? I will be arriving in Dominica next week and staying on the NE coast, and won't be getting to a bank in Roseau for a few days. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 11, 2004 at 5:18 AM
    • Volunteering in Dominica

Dominica Mar 21, 2004 at 9:34 AM

Hi! Can anyone tell me an adress where i can volunteer for 1-2 months (forest conservation, farmstay, wildlife projects....) ? Thank You

1 Answer Aug 8, 2004 at 10:53 AM
    • Where should we stay on our honeymoon?

Dominica Feb 19, 2004 at 7:57 AM

My fiance and I will be traveling to Dominica for our honeymoon. We would like recommendations on where to stay for our honeymoon. My fiance does want to stay at a place that has air conditioning. Thanks for the advice, Mollie

4 Answers Dec 31, 2005 at 12:26 PM
    • Caesar3774's Profile Photo

Cruising to Roseau

Roseau Sep 20, 2003 at 3:11 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond.... We are cruising to Roseau in November 2003. We have 9 hours ashore, and would love to visit the sites you found most interesting. Our interests are: Architecture Nature Local Cultures Photography Beautiful Scenery Local People Other peoples forms of living Thank you again for your time. Howard&Lori

2 Answers Aug 11, 2004 at 5:21 AM