Dominica Travel Answers

change location

Dominica with family of adults and children

by calstew Online Now Dec 6, 2011 at 9:31 PM

We are going to Dominica on Dec 19th and will be on a cruise but have 10 people in our group- 5 adults 5 youth 6 to 15 years of age. What is your recommendation for the day and how is best way to get a guide or driver to take us around.
Cal

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Dominica with family of adults and children

by Donna_in_India Online Now Dec 7, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Hi - we booked with Reyno (http://www.reynotours.com/) who had come recommended from cruisecritic.com. We had a great personalized tour - some of the sights we saw: Jaco Falls, the Carib Village, Morne Trois Pitons National Park/Emerald Pool (Unesco World Heritage Site). We had time to explore the markets (craft/fruit-vegetable) and walk around downtown as well. Have a great cruise!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KristianW's Profile Photo

Re: Dominica with family of adults and children

by KristianW Online Now Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Dominica is a fantastic place to visit, one of the few left untouched places in the Caribbean. I would suggest that you pre-book your event with the cruise line because once you get into Roseau port, there will be a few people offering you travel but this is not the best option.

Dominica, as I said is a very tropical, untouched destination and there are very few resorts on the island. In fact, when I was there in 2009 the entire island did not yet have a traffic light. For this reason, I would suggest booking ahead because in all likely hood you wont be finding a taxi all that easily.

I went there on a cruise in 2009, and also spent a few days there on vacation in 2008. On the cruise trip, for the day I went Rafting down a river but I don't recall the name. It was through the carnival excursions site. This might not be your cup of tea, but they were very professional and it was a lazy, misty float through a very tropical environment. They take anyone over 6 I believe.
    Also I would suggest walking through the local market in Roseau, as it's going to be an experience nothing like home. Make sure you do something involving the outdoors, most of the island is literally all rainforest. Also, It rains every day in Dominica at some point- but that constitutes as mist usually due to the unreal humidity.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations