Dominica Travel Answers

change location
MLW20's Profile Photo

Dominica visit at end of March- early April

by MLW20 Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I will be visiting Dominica with my wife at the end of March. I was trying to figure out the best way to spend our time. Can anyone suggest a rough itinerary for 9 days?
Also we are debating if we should take a ferry to another island for a few days. So maybe spend like 6 days on Dominica etc...

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Re: Dominica visit at end of March- early April

by Greggor58 Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Just a thought....Guadaloupe is close...and so is Montserrat...Montserrat is partially open to tourism...most of the Island is off limits I believe because of an active volcano...I was looking a few months back at spending time in Antigua...found a company...Googled it and it appeared after some searching...they did sail trips back and forth to Montserrat at a reasonable cost...and found cheap accommodations..for 25 dollars a night...Theres some types of tourism related to the active volcano there...thats what caught my eye...Just a thought..sorry cant help regarding Dominica...but I know there's eco tourism going on there...have fun exploring Rousseau...and everywhere else you find!As I mentioned earlier...just a thought..:o]

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MLW20's Profile Photo

by MLW20 Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Thanks for your ideas! Montseratt sounds intersting!
    We've been thinking of St Lucia, Guadeloupe or Martinique...

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

by Greggor58 Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Pleasure....Montserrat was a fav of mine...although I havent built a page...I was there for a week the Spring that the volcano first started becoming active again[95] before the LARGE eruptions started in 96.
    If you play around using google Im sure you can come up with transport easily..
    WHEREVER you end up...HAPPY TRAILS!!
    G

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations