Dominica Travel Answers

change location

Food shopping in Dominica

by belette24 Online Now Dec 21, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hello, we are going to Dominica for a third time in January and staying for 5 weeks. I'd really welcome ideas on places to shop for food as we'll have a cottage. We like the Roseau market for fruit and veg, and the 2 supermarkets but wonder if there are any recommendations for fish buying and for vegetarian foods.
All ideas are welcome

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Food shopping in Dominica

by filmstocker Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Hi. For vegetarian foods, you might look for Ital restaurants... Ital (rhymes with vital) is Rasta food, very wholesome and vegetarian fare.

Try Ital Italian on Kennedy Avenue and Natural Levity on King George V street in Roseau.

Other towns have Ital restaurants too, so when you show up in town you can just ask if there's an ital restaurant nearby and they'll show you the way. Finding good vegetarian food and fresh juices shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy Dominica... I'll be there in January too! I can't wait.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Re: Food shopping in Dominica

by Martin_S. Online Now May 17, 2009 at 4:37 AM

If you enjoy fresh fish, you could try the wharf where the fishermen in Marigot arrive with their catch. You can get it cut directly off of the fish or take whole. We went with our cook Maria (who lives in Marigot) and she took us there to get fresh Marlin...when the cut the steaks off the fish was just off the boat, fresher than that you cannot get.
    Martin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations