Dominica Travel Answers

change location

What to do in Dominica

by amandag7 Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 8:16 AM

I am taking a cruise that stops in Dominica for the day and I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions on some must see sites? I've tried to find places online and havent really had much luck so I thought I would go this route. Any help is appreciated! Would i be better of to rent a car for the day and just drive myself around or would that take too much time up.

Thanks so much for your help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • No-No-Nanette's Profile Photo

Re: What to do in Dominica

by No-No-Nanette Online Now Oct 5, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Hi there! I can highly recommend a guy buy the name of LEVI BARON. I've copied and pasted a review that was published on Cruise Critic.....

He's got tours listed on his page, but he'll plan a day with you doing what YOU want to do. I emailed him a few times, and we had the perfect day... here's the review. I wish I could upload some pictures for you. It's a lovely island...

*SATURDAY 12/9 DOMINICA- words of the day “BUMPIING TOURS”!

We had coffee delivered. I was the first passenger off of the ship! We walked directly to Levi Baron of www.bumpiingtours.com He was waiting for us with a nice mini-van, air conditioner blowing, and a case of ice cold KUBULI BEER.

Dominica was gorgeous. (Levi Baron was pretty easy on the eyes, as well!). Part of the West Indies, we found ourselves surrounded by 37 different types of Palm Trees, about a million different flowers growing wild, and GIANT Ficus Trees that were amazing.

Describing sites as he drove, we first went to TralfagarFalls….neat. We beat the rush and had the place to ourselves.

We drove through the Roseau Valley, which was like something out of “Jurassic Park”! I was half-expecting to see dinosaurs!

Stopped at a Sulphur Spring and bought Sulfur Mud-Masks. 4 bags for10.

On the way to MERO BEACH, in the Salisbury area, we drove through Mahout, which was a beautiful area filled with homes of doctors, attorneys and government officials.

Outside of Woodbridge Bay, we drove past Fond Capie-- a settlement of squatters who had lost their homes during Hurricane David. They built their new homes on government property, up in the hills.

Also drove through Massacre. (use your imagination)

Levi pointed out RODNEY’S ROCK in the bay. It would be illuminated to look like a ship, in order to lure and ambush invading armies! Pretty neat history.

We LOVED the black sand beach of MERO! The water was crystal clear, and a beautiful deep blue/aqua color. Unfortunately, my pictures don’t represent the beauty of this beach. The sand sparkled with gold flecks. Knocked us out!

On the way back, we stopped at a store for some local Rum and a local Coconut Cream liquor.

Levi was an absolute DOLL. 31 years old, polite, married with 2 children- non smoker/drinker. A wealth of local lore. We just loved him.

Every other tour we saw was with a large group-- we felt quite special with such personalized attention. Oh yeah…. He bought me a Dominica Bottle Opener! I highly recommend Levi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations