Dominica Travel Answers

change location

Melville Hall Directions

by hodjnpodj Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 6:17 AM

Hello I will be traveling to Melville Hall in about 2 weeks and I am getting a rental car from the airport. Can you give me directions or a time estimate on how long it would take me to get to Roseau? I would prefer to drive along the coastline, as I am a little concerned about the twisty roads of the interior route. Many thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Melville Hall Directions

by delphis Online Now Oct 17, 2004 at 11:58 AM

Hi The most direct route would take you about an hour; if you do want to do the coast road, turn left out of the airport and drive via Portsmouth, then south down the west coast. That would take about 2 hours. Bear in mind though that all Dominica's roads are narrower that you may be used to, but if you drive carefully (and sound your horn at every corner!) you will be able to enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Melville Hall Directions

by Aceman1 Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 5:57 AM

My advice is to get a Taxi and pick up your car in Roseau. There is a good reason for this the trip over the centre of the Island is stunning and you will realise why so many people fall instantly in love with the Island. If its your first time driving on the island you will be concerntrating so hard on the roads you will miss it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations