Dominica Travel Answers

change location

Holiday in Dominica

by Marie2003 Online Now Jul 9, 2003 at 5:31 AM

I am going to Dominica in August. Does any of you have an advice as to a place not to miss out? A fantastic hike, meal, beach etc? Whatever information you might would like to share with me, I will be grateful to hear from you. Thanks, Marie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Bendokan's Profile Photo

Re: Holiday in Dominica

by Bendokan Online Now Jul 9, 2003 at 5:37 AM

Hi Marie, I know of an excursion organisation you might be able to steal some ideas from... http://www.calibishie-lodges.com/ They have some great excursions I saw on TV

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Holiday in Dominica

by dominicafan Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 2:37 PM

The boiling lake from Laudat a 4 hour hike each way - challenging and magnificent. The Chemain de L'etang from Grand fond to freshwater lake - 2 hours easy hike with stunning views of both oceans.Continue up from freshwater lake to Boeri lake -mystic and my favourite. Visit the village of petit soufriere no through road and real olde worlde with great people. Dive or snorkel on salisbury beach almost guaranteed to see sea horses real close to the shore. stay at 3 rivers eco lodge(my favourite lost in the forest -cottages and camping), chez dousdous guest house(clean and friendly), beaurivemore upmarket but good value), or tamarind tree hotel. good info sites natureisland.com,avirtualdominica.com, visitdominica.com, geocities.com/livinggreendom.... eat at stone edge - near salisbury, real cheap at the pilau cafe in Roseau, 3 rivers, or cornerhouse cafe in roseau. Enjoy this excellent island

• Re: Holiday in Dominica

by delphis Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 10:56 AM

Best beaches are on the north coast around Calibishie - Woodford Hill, Pointe Baptiste for example. Absolutely gorgeous. check my page at www.visit-dominica.com for more info.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dominica Travel Answer Locations