Be the First to Answer

• Nice hotel??

by Jacky2014 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Somebody knows this Hotel?? www.hotel-tirler.com
      Can someone send me some informations??

5 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • Hiking Recommendations

by Jetsetjaime Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM

My husband and I are going hiking in the North/South Tyrol Regions, the last week of May and first week of June. We are moderate to advanced hikers. We'd like to start our trip by using Merano, Italy as a base to hike around the Dolomites. We choose Merano as a base, because we've stayed there before and liked it very much. Any recommendations on areas in Austria to concentrate on? We have hiked the French, Swiss and Italian Alps in the past, and would like to try our hand in hiking in Austria. Any recommendations would very much be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • VladaS1's Profile Photo

transfer ski resort february

by VladaS1 Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Hello,

we are searching for shared transfer to any ski resort from Bergamo orio al serio.

Our dates are 5.02 ( we arrive around 22:00, ready to spend the night in hotel, so to travel on 6.02 any time) to 10.02 ( early flight, so we have to be back at orio al serio at 5-6 a.m)
      We are 2 people.

2 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • Day trip recommendations around Vason, Trento

by sana1010 Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Hi -

My partner booked a vacation in Hotel Le Blanc, Vason (near Trento). We will have car to drive around for a week.
      Please share with us any recommendations for all the best places (or should we say - the most beautiful places...) around.
      We heard about Lago di Tovel. We know there are many other beautiful places. We only know Val Gardena area.
      Heard about Parco naturale di Adamello-Brenta. what are the "must see" places in it?
      Any recommendations for day trips (by car) or for day hikes (preferably those that combine uphill cable-car/lift and walk on top of the mountain or downhill...)are most welcome!
      Thanks,
      Ana.

17 Answers Jul 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    • bus

by GS99MILLER Online Now May 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Is it possible catch a bus that has the word scholastic on the timetable. I need to go from croce d`aune to Feltre 15.15 in September. Is this just a school bus for children or can the general public use this service. Thank you

3 Answers May 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    • Visiting Dolomites end of May-is anything open? question about hikes.

by klemp Online Now May 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I'll be staying in Toblach/Dobbiaco for 3 days and four nights at the end of May and would like to explore some of the Dolomite region to do some moderate hiking (possibly stay over night in a mountain hut) and see Lago de Braies.

First of can anybody give me an idea of what the weather will be like at that time in the mountains? I imagine snow is still possible so I would need warm clothing to hike and walk?

Second, for hiking: I am not experienced but am in good shape and relatively young, so looking for moderate to moderately strenuous hikes-nothing too difficult or life threating. I've heard of some vie ferrata hikes which sound really fun and a good combination of light danger/excitement and safety-do you need equipment for these or can I just find one and go to it?

As for locations I am looking at hiking to Tre Crime/Drei Zinnen and/or locations around Cortina (any recommendations?). I might be interested in staying in a mountain hut, but am not sure how reservations work or if I even need them, or can walk in and crash, etc. Could someone fill me in on how all of that works--I was hoping I can just go on my hike and crash at a mountain hut if I want to, but maybe that isn't how people do it? Also, Can anyone recommend a good hike route (where to start and go etc.) to Tre Crime coming from Dobbiaco/Toblach? Is there public transport I can take to cut down on some of the walking to get there?

I will not have a car and am relying solely on public transport to get me back and forth to areas, so I am wondering what that will be like in late May--I imagine my options will be limited since Summer season hasn't kicked in? Are there any cable cars/buses I will be able to take to summits to get up to into the sky quickly, or do you think I'll have to walk to everything during that time?

Lastly, I will be by myself. Should I be concerned about wildlife or other safety hazards while on hikes in the Dolomites (besides the obvious ones...like I said I don't plan on taking any strenuous or dangerous hikes on my own)?

Thanks.

2 Answers May 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    • Val Gardena

by AMerchant Online Now Mar 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We will be in Bolzano for 4 days in early June and plan a day trip to Val Gardena – only the following cable cars are working in early June:

• Col Raiser (St Christina)
      • Rasciesa – Raschötz (Ortisei)
      • Alpe di Siusi-Seiser Alm(Ortisei)
      Which of this offer most scenic views of the Sella Group and Sassulongo?

I understand that all cable cars in Selva will be closed till late June. Is there any particular place in Selva which will offer good views of the above mountains?

1 Answer May 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • scallens's Profile Photo

Travel in May to the Dolomiti area

by scallens Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM

We are planning a visit to the area in mid-May of next year. Kastelruth (Castelrotto) appears to be a good place to stay and venture out for day trips. Our main concerns are what the weather will be like at that time of year, will there be a good selection of restaurants open to eat in, will the cable lifts be running for accessing higher areas to hike, and will wildflowers be starting to bloom in the lower elevations. We will be traveling by car. Any planning assistance will be appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Passo Tonale

by annwag Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Hi VT's
      I need an advice.All of sudden I couldn't hiking, nonetheless I have decided going to my favorites destination this week. What to do nearby Passo Tonale.Is there any public transport towards, for example, Werona or other nice town?
      Thanks for a help.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    • vanessamumbai's Profile Photo

Summer Skiing in the Dolomites

by vanessamumbai Online Now May 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Where in the Dolomites may we do some summer skiing?
      How do I get there and where is a suitable town to stay if I want to ski for 4 days? We hope to get a self-catering apartment in a town with a good supermarket. Thanks!

12 Answers May 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    • appiaantica's Profile Photo

Can anyone tell me how to get from Rome to Dobbiaco (Toblach)?

by appiaantica Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get from Rome to Dobbiaco (Toblach) in the Dolomites?
      I am trying to go there to visit the Parco Naturale Faies-Sennes-Braies and the Lago di Braies (Pragser Wildsee).
      I had assumed I would take a train from Rome to Bolzano, and then Bolzano to Dobbiaco, but I can't find any Bolzano-Dobbiaco trains.

I checked the Dobbiaco tourism website, but I found it confusing.
      Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Appia

6 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    • appiaantica's Profile Photo

How to get to Lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee?

by appiaantica Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hello! I am spending the summer in Rome and would love to take a few days to visit the Dolomites and see the Lago di Braies. But I don't have a car! Does anyone have any advice how to get there? I figured I'd take a train to Bolzano, but then....?
      Thank you so much for any advice!
      -appia

3 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    • mountainpanther's Profile Photo

Snow conditions at Dolomiti in early April

by mountainpanther Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Hi :)!
      I'll travel to Dolomiti next weekend. Can anyone notify about snow conditions at Dolomiti, start of April?
      Which hills or which slopes are better to take for spring-skiing (staying in Val de Fassa)?

Mille grazie:).
      I.

3 Answers Mar 26, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    • dolomiti travel

by shmulin Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM

On June we are going from Parma twards the Dolomity for about 4 days. Can you please help in planning the tour.

3 Answers Jan 16, 2009 at 5:55 AM
    • Suggestion for Dolomite town

by stranz Online Now May 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM

We will be staying in Ortisei for 7 nights and are looking for another town for to spend another 2 to 3 nights. Perhaps something further up in the mountains, but in the direction to Treviso so our trip to the airport won´t be longer than if we were leaving from Ortisei. Does anyone know anything about Arabba or Corvara? Any recommendations? This would be in July.

1 Answer May 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    • robvirtour's Profile Photo

Apartments for skiing

by robvirtour Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 8:13 AM

I plan to go skiing in the Dolomites next Christmas and would like to find a self-catering apartment for six people within relatively easy (driving) reach of the slopes and the Sella Ronda. I have already spent hours on the web but have not really found anything suitable. Any tips would be welcome!

1 Answer Jan 15, 2007 at 1:52 AM
    • Which to hike in late June, Aosta or Dolomites?

by ColeenandHugh Online Now May 14, 2006 at 3:21 PM

My husband and I want to do some hiking while we are in Italy the end of June. We would like to do a 6 to 7 day trek or hike. Technical climbing is not what we want but we like to cover some ground and altitude when we hike. My husband also likes to hike with a bottle of wine. We love the idea of nice lodging at the end of the day. Any recommendations out there for which area may 'fit' better and have better weather the end of June?

4 Answers May 15, 2006 at 6:38 AM
    • Mazely's Profile Photo

Snow on October?

by Mazely Online Now Jul 22, 2004 at 6:32 PM

I and my wife are going to spend two weeks around Venice and Firenze, next October. Since Venice is so close to the Dolomiti and my wife - as a good Brasilian - has never seen snow in her life, I was wondering if we could find any small city to spend one day there (the idea: we'd take the train in Venice and spend one day in this "snow" city, and then go back to Venice). Well, I've read about Belluno, that seems to be not a "small" city, and about Feltre and Cadore (all served by train). Which one - or another one - is supposed to have snow on late October, if any? Do you suggest any other place near those? (Answers in Italian are also welcome, we can understand it). Thanks in advance, Marcos Maselli

2 Answers Jul 23, 2004 at 3:27 AM
    • two day trekking in Dolomiti-where?

by vsrdjan Online Now May 31, 2003 at 3:08 PM

Currently I am in Trieste. I would like to have two day trekking somewhere in Dolomiti. I have no car and probably will travel by train. I am fit and capable of walking/scrambling the whole day long. Where do you suggest me to go? Thank you

3 Answers Jun 1, 2003 at 1:39 AM