change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Directions from treviso centrale to bike rental

Treviso Aug 25, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi,
      I'm coming by train to treviso centrale station, and I would like to rent a bike to ride by the river.
      Where is the nearest bike rental and how would I get there?

more
    • road from Cortina to Venice

Cortina d'Ampezzo Aug 24, 2015 at 1:41 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

more
    • trains/markets

Peschiera del Garda Aug 20, 2015 at 10:09 PM

How much is a return ticket to verona from peschiera del garda and are there any markets?

more
    • Walk from Piazzali Roma to San Basilio port

Venice Aug 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM

We are staying at a hotel very close to P Roma, and we are boarding a Windstar cruise the next day. What do you think about walking- hubby will have a mid size wheeled bag with an overbite bag on top, and I will have a carry on size wheeled bag. We will leave the hotel about 10:30, and we would like to walk to the port, arriving around 1pm. I think it would be a nice way to see that area on our way, walking in a leisurely fashion. Am I deluding myself, or do you think this plan makes sense, and if not what would be the suggested mode of transport?

more
    • Public Transport Verona Airport to Torbole

Verona Aug 14, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Found a bus 2014 timetable saying you can take a shuttle from the airport to Verona Stazione. From here the 163 bus can be taken to Garda and then the 184 bus from Garda to Torbole. Can anyone confirm that these services are still available in 2015.

Many thanks.

more
    • Trains to Padova from Venice

Padova Aug 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Does anyone know if you can get a simple day return ticket from Venice to Padova?

more
    • Visiting Lake Garda gardens

Malcesine Aug 3, 2015 at 2:54 PM

We will be staying in Malcesine & would like to visit the Heller Botanical garden nr Gardone Riviera and on another day - the Isla del Garda - if visits by the public are permitted? What is the best way to get to those gardens? Should we take the ferry across from Malcesine & then a bus down to the Heller Botanic Garden, or take the bus South from Malcesine and then a boat across from another departure point? If visits to the Isla del Garda are allowed - how does can we get there? Thanks for any advice

more
    • the road from Cortina d'ampezzo to Venice

Venice Aug 24, 2015 at 1:42 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

more
    • Rick Stein's restaurants - TV prgoramme tonight

Venice Aug 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Just watched Rick Stein on Venice - drooling at the restaurant that served liver - 3 course meal for Euros 12 but there were no restaurant signs - does anyone know it - looked a fab place where locals went - neither were there any clues from landmarks

more
    • Day trip to Venice

Malcesine Aug 5, 2015 at 12:46 PM

We've seen that it's poss to take a day trip by coach from Malcesine to Venice, but are warned it's a several hour duration journey. Alternative could be by train, but we're not close to the line/station, so may not be practicable time wise, or is it? Is the train faster than coach? Then can we join an organised walking tour on arrival in Venice?

If best arrangement is to take a package coach / walking tour etc - is it possible to book & buy tickets in Malcesine? We've only been able to find Europlan but there are prob others?

Thanks for any advice

more
    • hiring a gondola

Venice Aug 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM

what is best for hiring a gondola? a tour with other people or your own gondola?

more
    • Stairs on bridges

Venice Aug 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM

We are coming to Venice for the first time, next year. I am disabled, and walk short distances. For extended distances I take my electric scooter. My husband is my caregiver. I watched 'Bread and Chocolate' last night and found that the bridges in Venice have stairs; do they all have stairs; do any of the bridges have a way to get around them? Would it be better if we stayed on an island, ex: Giudecca? We were originally thinking about staying in San Croce or Cannaregio, or Giudecca. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Wineries near Venice?

Venice Aug 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM

We're going to Venice next year. We're wondering if, for a day trip, there are any picturesque wineries near Venice you could recommend?

Thank you.

more