Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hiring a porter to carry things from Namche to Chukkung while trekking 3 Passes?

Khumbu Himal Yesterday

I was wondering if it is possible (probably) and also safe to hire a porter in Namche Bazar or maybe already lukla to carry some gear to Chukkung, while I carry on to hike the 3 Passes. Later I'd pick up the gear in Chukkung for the remainder of the trip so it would have to be stored away in some lodge (which I'd be happy to stay at of course).
      Would this be feasable?

• Three Passes trek w/o guide - which permits etc are required?

Nepal Nov 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM

I'm planning the Three Passes trek next year without porter or guide. However I'm getting confused as to which permits are required and how to get them? Has aynone here done this Trek (or any other in the Everest region since I assume that the regulations will be similar)?
      I'm also plannign the side trip to EBC - can I just rock up there, pitch my tent and stay a night or two?

• Everest Base Camp w/o guide

Nepal Nov 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Hi, I'm plannign a trip to EBC next year. Want to do it on my own without tours/guides/porters. I'm wondering if I can simply rock up there, pitch my tent and stay a night or two? Or are there any special overnight permits or similar required?

• Visit Visa

Nepal Yesterday

May i know what are the requirements for applying a visit/tourist visa for Nepal?