Dolakha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nepalese name Payma / Paima

Nepal May 12, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hi there, I travelled to Darjeeling in India and did some trekking in Singalila National Park. During the trek we crossed the border into Nepal and stayed in a village where we met a little girl who we fell in love with! We were told her name was Payma or Paima or possibly Bayma. I can't find any record of this as a Nepali name, or a meaning for the word, so wonder if I may have misheard or misunderstood the pronunciation.

Any help would be much appreciated! We are expecting a baby are considering naming her Payma/Bayma but want to get the spelling and origin of the name correct if possible - if it exists!

Thank you.

more
    • Ulaan Baator to Kathmandu direct flights?

Kathmandu May 6, 2015 at 5:30 AM

I'd like to go from UB to KTM by air by the quickest route. Have you done this trip? Any ideas?

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund: How to help

Nepal Apr 29, 2015 at 3:40 PM

As a global company, we believe we have a responsibility to not only support the communities where we live and work, but to lend a helping hand when disasters strike and one is needed. We wanted to let you know that the TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation (which includes VirtualTourist) has made a disaster relief grant to Global Giving in support of their Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund. These funds will support earthquake recovery and relief efforts in Nepal. The Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund will use all donated funds to help first responders meet survivors' immediate needs for food, fuel, clean water, hygiene products, and shelter. Once initial relief work is complete, the organization will transition to support longer-term recovery efforts run by local, vetted local organizations.

If you would like more information on the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund or would like to donate, you can do so globalgiving.org/projects/ne...

For anyone who may have family or friends in the impacted areas, we are thinking of you during this difficult time.

With kindest regards,
      VirtualTourist

more
    • missing Tyronne white

Langtang National Park Apr 27, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Im looking for my bro Tyronne wade white from australia the last contact from him was from facebook saying he will leave kathmandu on 7/4/15 to go on a 3 week trek alone as far as I know. These were his plans: Off trekking in the morning for 3weeks or so between Kathmandu and the Chinese Border on the Helambu,Gosainkunda,Langtang and Tamang Trails. He may have also went to syafru and dhunche villages. I havent had any contact with him since the earthquake. If anyone has had any contact with him please contact me through email: timmygetfree@yahoo.com.au phone +610410928776. Or facebook brettwhite75 thanks.

more
    • Joining your efforts

Nepal May 15, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Hello,
      I am flying in on May 23rd from US and will be there for a month to help in any way I can. I am taking first aid and CPR with the Red Cross prior to flying out and will be bringing a special water purification system (specifically kills parasite in water this season) and grains and light cooking equipment. I am answering God's request that I go and am traveling alone. Presently the airport is reported as being closed but I am hopeful that it will be open by the time I am scehduled to fly in. May I join your group's efforts? Because I am not a registered doctor I have not been taken on with any other group. I have donated money through organizations but feel in my heart that I must be there to help in the way God intends. I will be obtaining an international phone and in that way may be able to get in touch upon landing or will meet at a designated location depending on what the situation is. If there is anything that would be helpful for me to bring that is needed I would be happy to do so per your advisement. Thank you so much for your taking the time to read and respond. I look forward to hearing from you.

more
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

Are you still travelling to Kathmandu/Nepal?

Kathmandu Apr 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM

Hi all,

Following the tragic earthquake which struck Kathmandu and environs, are travellers still visiting? My husband and myself are booked on non-refundable tickets to visit in 3 weeks and I'm a bit nervous. We may do a bit of volunteering but would like to see some of the rest of the country as well....Are there any like-minded travellers out there who will also be travelling there soon?

more