change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 36 hour stay in Doha

by moirack Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Hi,

My family (children ages 8 and 11) have a 36 hour layover in Doha. We are USA citizens. Can you tell me if we will need tourist visas (there is contradictory information on the web about transit visas so cannot confirm if transit visas are for 24 hours or 48 hours?) and if so, are tourist visas easy to obtain upon arrival? We have a hotel reservation and an outbound flight...Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • What to do on a long layover in Doha

by readysetgone Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 7:21 PM

My flight arrives in Doha at 7pm and I won't fly out until 1pm the next day. Is that enough time to see something of Doha? If so I'll also need a hotel recommendation. Is it easy enough to find palces on y own or is there a recommended tour guide?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • visitvisa from philippines to doha

by angelasylum Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi can i asked how my friend will apply for a visit visa she is a filipina and she is in philippines she have a friend here who is willing to be her sponsor so she can visit here but the problem is we dont know how and what are the requirements

5 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM
    • Safety for Americans in Doha

by CraigS41 Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Is it safe for Americans to sightsee in Doha? We are going to be in Doha on a 36 hour layover and would like to explore the city.

8 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Transfer in Doha, HIA

by shoobedoo93 Online Now Sep 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I'll travel in january to Melbourne from Zagreb with Qatar Airways and I'll have one hour transfer time at Doha..so I want to ask , is it one hour transfering time enough? Is one hour enough time to find gate for Melbourne?

Regards!

5 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM
    • 1 day in doha

by paulaplenderleith Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM

we arrive in Doha on Saturday 30 august at 08h10 and leave the 01 Sept at 08h00 . travelling with 16 year old teenager - what to do

3 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • 1 day in doha

by paulaplenderleith Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM

we arrive in Doha on Saturday 30 august at 08h10 and leave the 01 Sept at 08h00 . travelling with 16 year old teenager - what to do

2 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • Visiting on a Friday

by jalbers2 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM

My husband and I have a long layover in Doha and would like to get out of the airport to see a bit of it. We land around 6pm local time and dont fly out until almost 2 am. We were thinking about going straight to the Souq Waqif to explore and get a bite to eat but it seems that Fridays are a bit different and it may be more difficult to get around. Is the Souq Waqif open on Friday evenings? What should we do if we cannot find a cab?

4 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    • Air Transit : Urgent

by Abi1603 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hi, this is the first time I am boarding a non-direct flight. So here is the situation:

I am taking Qatar Airways from London to India with a stop in between i.e. Doha and I will be changing flights from Q565 to Q5(both are qatar) at Doha with a certain transit time.

There are options to have a transit of 1 hr/ 3hrs/ 5hrs. Which one should I choose?

Sorry this may sound very basic but I shall be really grateful if you could guide me on what happens at the transit after we get off from the first plane?

We go out/ get our documents verified/ collect our luggage and take a re-entry and go through the check in again or we are directed to some transit area/ have no luggage/ we spend time there/ directly go to the required platform/ board the next flight? How does this happen? PLZ Guide

Thanks in Advance !

5 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Swimming and beach

by G_lidy Online Now May 9, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Hi! I am going next week to Doha and would like to go to a tourist beach to swim for about 2 hours. What the best possibility to go to a beach in the city. Is it possible to use the beach of a hotel (my hotel does not have a beach area). How much does it cost? wich hotel could You suggest me. Something easy, because I am travelling allone. Which kind of transportation would You recommend to get there? Thank You!

• MAKE THE ROUTE TO HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

by MuzK2 Online Now May 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

why there is no karwa bus for HIA route from AI FARDAN VIA MATAR KADEEM TO HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

• Where is the best place to sit on the plane?

by eloisekate Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I am travelling to Doha (stop-over on the way to Paris) on an 11 hour flight and am wondering which seats are the best on a Boeing 777-300ER (77W) V1. I'm travelling with my parents and siblings, and am currently thinking that the bulkhead seats are a good option. The only issues are that apparently we have reduced seat width and the personal TV will come out of the armrest instead of it being in front of us.

If anyone has experience with this plane/flight or something similar, your advice would be appreciated. This is my first international flight and I need all the help I can get!

Thank you.

20 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • Baggage storeage during transit

by Belbase Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I want to carry chocolates in my checked in luggage, but have a long transit in Doha. Will my chocolate melt during baggage storage

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Buying jewellery

by girlietow Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 3:35 AM

My husband is out there now for 2 days. If someone can reply v. quickly, that would be much appreciated. Any advice on buying jewellery - any recommendation on good, honest jewellery shop? Do people bargain or are prices fixed? Many thanks.

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Sevsa's Profile Photo

long layover

by Sevsa Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Traveling from the US to Singapore via Doha and have a very long layover (on purpose). Any suggestions for things to do during the day there? I will be there in April.

5 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • Points of Interest?

by cl3150 Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We are planning on visiting Doha at the start of March for a few days.

What are the more interesting sites to visit?

How many days should we allow?
      The better hotels seem to be spread all around the city, so which area would be best to stay in?
      We welcome all suggestions.

Thanks.

Carl

12 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    • transit between flights with two different airlines

by saadik Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:13 AM

and we called the embassy of katar in germany and they said:may possible without visa,but couldn´t tell us how go for the right procedure.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 4:22 AM

by saadik Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM

no we don´t want to leave the airport.we have only 6 hours to change airlines.
      the point is we would like to avoid paying a touristvisa 22 euro for this 6 hours and try to figure out,if there is a way to do without touristvisa.may be socalled transit voucher or "transit visa "for 24 hours(if existing?) or so..?.
      because how to check in for the 2.flight and get our luggage without immigrating

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    • re:transit between flights....

by saadik Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

thanks cachaseiro for your answer.does it mean,we need aregular touristvisa on arrival,or is there somthing like a transitvisa for this 6 hours.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

by saadik Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

we are flying into doha with pegasus and out with flydubai ,having a 6h transit.we don´t have our boardingpass for the flydubai flight beforehand and our luggage has to be checked in again for that flight. Doe´s anybody know,if we get our boarding pass at the transit desk and they take care that our luggage is on the next flight?or is it true that there is a so called free transit voucher,so we can check in and take our luggage ourself for check in?
      thanks a lot.saadik

11 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • 13 hours transit in doha will airways provide any accom??

by pandiraj87 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

hi i m cmg to chennai from nairobi via qatar. and there 13 hours transit time.wat can i do in tat time.???

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    • 4x4 Camels and fireworks too?

by fionamw Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

We'll be in Doha after Christmas and over the New Year and wonder a few things: 1. Is it a given there'll be good fireworks visible from the corniche area? 2. are all dune-bashing trips safe/insured/etc? 3. Do any of the dune-bashing trips also incorporate camel rides? 4. Can you squeeze the Souq Waqif, Falcon Souq and Wholesale Market into one trip by taxi/driver/whatever? Thanks for any advice.

• Chinese Store in Doha.

by argesaw7 Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Is there a chinese store in doha?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    • question about your suggestion

by gonzalver Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Hi, could you tell me if there are any special thing to buy in Doha?. My husband has to travel for business and i ´d like to know what things are convenient to buy.. thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • need companion going to hk

by nfathima1912 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

anyone there going to hk by this month (august 2013)? i just need a companion going there coz im alone, i heard immigration is so strict when ur travelling alone...

7 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • tourist visa in qatar

by nfathima1912 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi, im a filipina, I already have a tourist visa (online visa) for qatar...my fiance is there in qatar...what are the documents that I need to pass the philippine immigration...? I know our immigration here is very trict especially if im going to travel alone...

2 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    • Fabric Paints

by Kimmal Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Please HELP me find a shop who sells fabric paints specially "TULCO" brand

• DessieM1's Profile Photo

Botswana citizen Do i need a transit visa for Doha, Qatar?

by DessieM1 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

i am a Botswana citizen traeling to norway with a connecting flight to doha im there for 5 hours before departure.

4 Answers May 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

will I need some local money ?

by globetrott Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Will I need some local money, or are US-$ and Euro-bills or CC OK as well ?
      In principle I will try to get along without spending any money, but you will never know what comes up ?
      -
      My flight arrives at around 07.00pm, my transfers to and from the hotel are booked aleady and the hotel is payed as well.
      I will just take a little walk in the evening and have to get to bed early.
      Have to get up very early the next morning, so will there be any extra expenses for me ??

5 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

tipping the taxidriver ?

by globetrott Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

How about tips for the car-driver who gets me from the airport to my hotel ?
      The fare is reserved and payed already through the travel agent !
      Is a tip in US-$ OK ?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM