Doha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Baggage storeage during transit

by Belbase Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I want to carry chocolates in my checked in luggage, but have a long transit in Doha. Will my chocolate melt during baggage storage

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Buying jewellery

by girlietow Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 3:35 AM

My husband is out there now for 2 days. If someone can reply v. quickly, that would be much appreciated. Any advice on buying jewellery - any recommendation on good, honest jewellery shop? Do people bargain or are prices fixed? Many thanks.

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Sevsa's Profile Photo

long layover

by Sevsa Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Traveling from the US to Singapore via Doha and have a very long layover (on purpose). Any suggestions for things to do during the day there? I will be there in April.

5 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • Points of Interest?

by cl3150 Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We are planning on visiting Doha at the start of March for a few days.

What are the more interesting sites to visit?

How many days should we allow?
      The better hotels seem to be spread all around the city, so which area would be best to stay in?
      We welcome all suggestions.

Thanks.

Carl

12 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    • transit between flights with two different airlines

by saadik Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:13 AM

and we called the embassy of katar in germany and they said:may possible without visa,but couldn´t tell us how go for the right procedure.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 4:22 AM

by saadik Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM

no we don´t want to leave the airport.we have only 6 hours to change airlines.
      the point is we would like to avoid paying a touristvisa 22 euro for this 6 hours and try to figure out,if there is a way to do without touristvisa.may be socalled transit voucher or "transit visa "for 24 hours(if existing?) or so..?.
      because how to check in for the 2.flight and get our luggage without immigrating

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    • re:transit between flights....

by saadik Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

thanks cachaseiro for your answer.does it mean,we need aregular touristvisa on arrival,or is there somthing like a transitvisa for this 6 hours.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

by saadik Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

we are flying into doha with pegasus and out with flydubai ,having a 6h transit.we don´t have our boardingpass for the flydubai flight beforehand and our luggage has to be checked in again for that flight. Doe´s anybody know,if we get our boarding pass at the transit desk and they take care that our luggage is on the next flight?or is it true that there is a so called free transit voucher,so we can check in and take our luggage ourself for check in?
      thanks a lot.saadik

11 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • 13 hours transit in doha will airways provide any accom??

by pandiraj87 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

hi i m cmg to chennai from nairobi via qatar. and there 13 hours transit time.wat can i do in tat time.???

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    • 4x4 Camels and fireworks too?

by fionamw Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

We'll be in Doha after Christmas and over the New Year and wonder a few things: 1. Is it a given there'll be good fireworks visible from the corniche area? 2. are all dune-bashing trips safe/insured/etc? 3. Do any of the dune-bashing trips also incorporate camel rides? 4. Can you squeeze the Souq Waqif, Falcon Souq and Wholesale Market into one trip by taxi/driver/whatever? Thanks for any advice.

• Chinese Store in Doha.

by argesaw7 Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Is there a chinese store in doha?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    • question about your suggestion

by gonzalver Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Hi, could you tell me if there are any special thing to buy in Doha?. My husband has to travel for business and i ´d like to know what things are convenient to buy.. thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • need companion going to hk

by nfathima1912 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

anyone there going to hk by this month (august 2013)? i just need a companion going there coz im alone, i heard immigration is so strict when ur travelling alone...

7 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • tourist visa in qatar

by nfathima1912 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi, im a filipina, I already have a tourist visa (online visa) for qatar...my fiance is there in qatar...what are the documents that I need to pass the philippine immigration...? I know our immigration here is very trict especially if im going to travel alone...

2 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    • Fabric Paints

by Kimmal Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Please HELP me find a shop who sells fabric paints specially "TULCO" brand

• DessieM1's Profile Photo

Botswana citizen Do i need a transit visa for Doha, Qatar?

by DessieM1 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

i am a Botswana citizen traeling to norway with a connecting flight to doha im there for 5 hours before departure.

4 Answers May 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

will I need some local money ?

by globetrott Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Will I need some local money, or are US-$ and Euro-bills or CC OK as well ?
      In principle I will try to get along without spending any money, but you will never know what comes up ?
      -
      My flight arrives at around 07.00pm, my transfers to and from the hotel are booked aleady and the hotel is payed as well.
      I will just take a little walk in the evening and have to get to bed early.
      Have to get up very early the next morning, so will there be any extra expenses for me ??

5 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

tipping the taxidriver ?

by globetrott Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

How about tips for the car-driver who gets me from the airport to my hotel ?
      The fare is reserved and payed already through the travel agent !
      Is a tip in US-$ OK ?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    • Is transit time of 1 hr 40 mins in Doha enough

by sri1975 Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I have an itinerary from Chennai to Chicago via Doha on Qatar airways. The transit time is 1 hr and 40 mins. Is this transit time enough?

5 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    • 8 hr stopover

by barbarah8879 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

we are flying from Austria through Doha to Vietnam. We have approx. 8 hrs. 6:05 pm - 1:55 am. First, do we need a visa prior of arrival? i read in one of the answers that it takes over an hr. just to clear the area of getting the visa. is that true? lets say we get out of there by 7:30pm. is there anything else to do except the souk? any malls or such like in dubai? if we arrive back at the airport around midnight, is that early enough? thx!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    • water supply at appartments in doha

by ravi.ccu0813 Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I am moving to doha for job. I heard about scarcity of drinkng water and supply for daily utility use. can you guide me what is the adjact situation.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • stay with fiancee

by bestfriends Online Now Jan 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

planning to have vacation in doha, qatar can i stay with my fiancee in his apartment?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • Doha

by djordjevarga Online Now Dec 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Hello,

I arrive at Doha airport on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:50 and leave tomorrow Sun, 13 Jan 2013 08:30. So I will have 20 hours free.Also i will have 8 hours free when i coming back .
      I am from Serbia, if I want to get out do i need VISA , and if i need it how much it cost?
      How many days valid VISA, can I buy visa for one month or only for one day?

Can you recommend some department stores or something interesting to see?

thank you very much in advance,

Djordje

3 Answers Dec 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    • Lynn1969's Profile Photo

Daily use of hotels

by Lynn1969 Online Now Nov 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I have just returned from visiting my husband in Doha and made use of ladies day at the intercontinental hotel and was wondering if anyone knew of other hotels that offered this facility.

Thanks

• Stop in Qatar from 23 15 until 07 55

by PedroLemosLemos Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Hello,

I arrive at doha airport at 23 15 and leave in the morning(boarding time 07 55).

You think it is possible to get out, have some sightseeing(even at night), and come back in time?

I don't know if at night there's movement on the streets, taxis available, etc.

thank you very much in advance,

Pedro

4 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    • Sanaaa's Profile Photo

Help! My transit in Doha Airport is of 20 hours..!!

by Sanaaa Online Now Aug 31, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hello everyone! I am flying to Chicago via Doha next week and I have a transit time there of about 20 hours. I have been reading some of the reviews and stories that people have posted on the net about the airport in Doha and it does not sound like a pleasant place to spend so much time. I have a Pakistani passport. Will I be able to get a transit visa to go out and sight-see since I cant spend that much time sitting around? Moreover can I get hotel stay or a meal voucher or something since the transit is long? I asked the travel agent this but he said this wont be possible as the airline we are going to be flying from Europe onwards does not have such a contract with Qatar Airlines. So can anyone help me? What can I do during the 20 hours? Being a Pakistani, can I get transit visa for a few hours to see the city rather than rotting at the airport the whole day long? And are there any good fast food places at the airport? I would really appreciate some guidance as this is my first time traveling via Doha. Thanks!

8 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    • tourist visa

by babyme1 Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

hi! im a filipino by blood. im planning to visit a friend in doha this coming december. what must i do? do i have to apply for a tourist visa first? if yes, what are the requirements?

9 Answers Sep 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    • JoeRizal's Profile Photo

Transit in Doha

by JoeRizal Online Now Aug 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Hello,

I'll be having a long transit in Doha soon - from 12 midnite until 8pm (20 hours).

I'm thinking of going to Souq's area, walking by the sea or wondering in the modern city center shopping mall.

In view of the summer time I'm wondering whether Souq is open during day time or not ? Is it ok to walk around during summer or is the weather too hot to handle ? :)

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Stopover at night

by victor72 Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hi,

I´ll go to the aiport at 23:15 until 7:00. Can I get a taxi to take me to the city and return to the aiport, a few hours later ? Do you know how much is it more o less ? I have read is difficult to get a taxi in the city.

Thank you !!

1 Answer Jul 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    • doha layover

by ERICSTOCKI Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM

ARRIVING TO DOHA AT 7PM AND DON'T LEAVE UNTIL 2AM. WHAT CAN I SEE? ARE THERE VISA ON ARRIVAL?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM