Dmitrov Travel Answers

change location

traveling to dmitrov at the end of march 2011

by chbopplimoge Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I would like to stay at Dmitrov at the end of this month as a supporter for the french team for the world U 18 women ice hockey champioship but all the hotel I have found on internet are full. All the hotel I'm able to find are at least at 40km from Dmitrov, but I don't know in which direction.
As I know anybody, I would like to find another solution, so I need to know what is the frequency of the train between Moscow and Dmitrov. If it's frequent enought I could choose another city along this line, or I could stay in in an hotel in Moscow near the savelowsky railway station ?
Or is it easy to drive a car from Moscow to Dmitrov without knowing any things in the Russian writing ?
Or could you know what could be the price to do with taxi about 40km ?
What are your advices ?
Many thanks
Christiane

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: traveling to dmitrov at the end of march 2011

by GyuriFT Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 6:33 PM

There are about 50 "Elektrichka" (electirc DMU commuter train) between Dmitrov and Moscow daily as well as about 20 busses daily, the distance is somewhat over 60 km so it should take somewhat over an hour.

IMO driving without knowing Russian means you guarantee yourself a lot of frustration and even more adventures unless you have good visual memory.

The elektrichka is faster and much cheaper than car renting - taxi prices would be probably out of question. In the fact train prices are very cheap by Western standards.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: traveling to dmitrov at the end of march 2011

by bugulma Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

yes, there is 2-3 trains per hour from Savelovsky railway station (is situated near of Savelovskaya station metro) and the journey lasts 1 hour 20 minutes approximately. The fee is RUR 115.5 (EUR 2.9) one way. Well, the Moscow hotels are not cheap though. and the hotels along the train route would be not cheap as well. Among the towns try to find smth in Iksha and Lobnya that train passes by. Another idea is to find the hotel in Dubna that is to other side from Moscow (1 hour by train) or Verbilki station (30 minutes by train). those places have a lot of out-of-city hotels and spa-hotels that is not cheap though... in any way, if your staying is paying by ice hockey federation you may choose the hotel near of Savelovskaya station ;-))
    The bus and car seems convenient in the day time because in the morning it could be not good idea cause the the traffic within the city

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines