Djibouti Travel Answers

change location
thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Domestic Flights

by thelittlevoice Online Now Jul 17, 2003 at 10:07 PM

i haven't seen any question under this topic before but i'm sure some have visited this country. i'd love to know if anyone took any domestic flight there before? if so, was it on time? thanks, peak

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Domestic Flights

by cachaseiro Online Now Jul 18, 2003 at 2:40 AM

djibouti is so small there is no reason to take any domestic flights.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Domestic Flights

by thelittlevoice Online Now Jul 19, 2003 at 7:26 PM

cachaseiro yeah it's a small country but i thought it would be cool to try to fly with its natonial airline for once for the heck of it :) dao, u can find this info from lonelyplanet.com "Aeroflot, Air France, Air Tanzania, Corsair, Ethiopian Airlines, Yemenia and Djibouti Airlines serve Djibouti. You can also fly from Paris with the charter company Corsair."

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Jul 20, 2003 at 12:50 AM

thats a good point. i ilke flying obscure airlines too. my big dream is to fly the national airline of bhutan, because of it's name. "druk air". druk means getting very drunk in danish, so i thought that could be interesting.

• nyclou's Profile Photo

by nyclou Online Now Jul 20, 2003 at 8:39 AM

I lived in Ethiopia during the '80s, and domestic flights on Aeroflot and Ethiopian Airlines were generally not recommended: they have a tendency to crash! (Aeroflot uses very old aircraft, and they're not allowed to fly in the airspace of many major western countries because of their poor safety record.) Sorry to be pessimistic, but it's worth bearing in mind ... Louise

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Djibouti Travel Answer Locations