Djamena Travel Answers

change location
Mike25's Profile Photo

I need a general consensus

by Mike25 Online Now Mar 18, 2003 at 9:53 PM

I have been mulling over the creation of a N’Djamena travel page for some time now, and I thought I had reached a decision. However, as I was reviewing my materials (photos), I noticed that I am holding a weapon in every picture. Most of the pictures I have of N’Djamena are of me standing in front of some building or are of a group of locals and I together, and I fear the presence of an M-16 A2 Rifle in these pictures may lead some of you to conjure images of a hostile city. I don’t want to offend anyone with the graphic nature of these pictures, and I feel they may do Chad a great disservice if they are posted. Does anyone else feel my pictures maybe unsuitable for the VT community? Should I create this page or not? Please, I need some advice.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: I need a general consensus

by ATLC Online Now Mar 18, 2003 at 11:51 PM

Hi ! think you have given the answer yourself. Remember there are also young VT-ers from the age of 13. Heck, I even decided against posting pictures of my friends and me playing paintball as we were all dressed in "military" clothes and holding a plastic gun! My answer though does not imply any judgement. For all I know you are a military and were supposed to carry weapons. Why not make a N'Djamena page with really good stories and no pictures?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Re: Re: I need a general consensus

by Martin_S. Online Now Mar 19, 2003 at 1:00 AM

Hi and Shalom: Saw your deliema and wanted to assure you that in many countries of the world guns (for protection or other uses) are a common sight. When we visited friends in Montenegro, we encountered constantly police, army, special forces, all carrying guns and dressed in military or police garb. It gave us a feeling of being protected, not of unease. I believe if you place your pictures with comments matching your feelings and what should be seen in the picture, you cannot go wrong, it is the truth as you see and feel it. I also try to remember that guns may be used to preserve peace, and if an agressor wants to attack you the guns may give that agressor second thoughts. But peace in the future without a need for weapons would be everyones dream. So my advice is "YES", write your page. LaHeetRaOat, Martin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Djamena