Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Turkey Yesterday

We are wanting to do a Bosphorus Cruise in the late afternoon. Is there any such cruise that we can take from Kabatas at about 5:30 or 6 PM and then return to Kabatas / Eminou at around 10:30 - 1100 PM. What would be the best options available? We are not so keen on dinner etc, however commentary or at least an audio guide would be a must. Thanks in Advance

• Shopping in Denizli

Denizli Oct 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Where is best to shop for authentic Denizli's souvenirs in Denizli town?

• azharbd's Profile Photo

Currency and Hotel

Istanbul Yesterday

What should i need to carry USD, EUR or Turkish Lira?

also please suggest a cheap but good hotel at Istanbul (sultanahmet area)

• safran bolu to cappadocia

Safranbolu Nov 17, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Hi. i was wondering if there are direct bus from safran bolu to cappadocia? all that i have read so far said that we must take another bus from ankara. also i'll be travelling in december so will there be plenty of buses or are the numbers reduce? where can i find the time table?

Selcuk Nov 13, 2015 at 8:58 PM

We are to arrive at Izmir Airport at around 10:20 am and wish to process to Selcuk where we are staying for a while. One reads that Izmir-Selcuk train (there is one at 11:45 am) is a cheap option and that the railway station at the Izmir Airport is easily accessible. However some reviewers have commented that the trains which start from Izmir are crowded and getting on them with luggage and then getting a seat is a problem. Is it really that bad? Anyone with personal experience to help us decide please?

Turkey Oct 26, 2015 at 3:56 AM

My partner and I plan to visit Turkey next year possibly in mid may. After some study, I have created an itinerary which we propose to follow and which is given below:- Day 1 Arrive Istanbul, Ataturk airport early morning; catch flight to Kayseri or Nevsehir. Night at Goreme. Day 2 Cappadocia day tour 1 Day 3 Cappadocia Day tour 2 Day 4 Flight from Kayseri / Nevsehir to Izmir; Night halt Kusadasi Day 5 Day Tour to Ephsus and Selcuk Day 6 Day tour to Pammukale Day 7 Day at Kusadasi Day 8 Pergamon, Troy, Gallipoli Tour day 1 Day 9 Pergamon, Troy, Gallipoli Tour day 2, ending in Istanbul Day 10 Istanbul Day 11 Istanbul Day 12 Istanbul Day 13 Dep from Turkey (Ataturk Airport). Please comment on the above. Any suggestions especially as to connections as indicated are most welcome. Also recommendations as to tour agents especially for the Troy / Gallipoli Tour (Kusadasi - Istanbul) are solicited. TIA

Goreme Nov 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM

We are travelling to Goreme next May and will reach Goreme at about 4 pm. We plan to spend two clear days after that. After reading suggestions on VT, we have decided to take the Hot Air Balloon and the Green Tour on Day One. The next day we plan to NOT take a tour but take a Dolmus to Uchisar and hike down the Pigeon Valley in the morning. Later, take a Dolmus to Cavusin and go up to Red Valley Plateau and thereafter to Avanos, Pasabag and Zelve. Request for 1. Comments and Suggestions on the overall plan. Can we do anything better? 2. Guidance on the second day when would be on our own.3. On the day we arrive, we have some hours before sunset. What can be done during this period? Is there time enough to go to Love Valley? We do not wish to visit Goreme Open Air Museum. Thanks

• tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Taksim or Sultanahmet

Istanbul Nov 11, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Which area is better to stay if you want to do some shopping for souvenirs like lamps and ceramics? Taksim or Sultanahmet? Any reccommendations for accommodation and shopping?

• How safe is it to travel from US-Turkey(Istanbul)-India ?

Istanbul Yesterday

I have a 2 hour stop at Istanbul Airport while i travel from US to India on Dec 8, 2015. As many others i am concerned about safety aspects of the place given the tensions in surrounding countries.
      Is it safe for me to travel from USA to Istanbul and then to India in December 2015?

• KirstyS's Profile Photo

Visa at the airport

Istanbul Nov 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Hi all
      Could someone tell me about the process for obtaining a visa at the airport currency to pay in? ....cost? ...duration? and the such like ...thanks ...K;

• What are some free tourist attractions in Istanbul?

Istanbul Nov 13, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul

• Christmas in istanbul safe?

Istanbul 18 hours ago

I have planed my trip since september.
      Istanbul 24-27 of December.
      But, hearing all thats been going on with terrorist attacks i am a little bit alarmed and worried..... I do not want to cancel my trip nor be afraid.
      Can someone please give a picture of how is situation in Turkey now?
      Thanks in advance

• hotels in diyarbakir

by bren121 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 4:41 AM

hi im looking to book a cheap comfortable hotel in diyarbakir who will accept non married couple in the same room my boyfriend is kurdish most hotels iv looked at dont accept non married please help running out of options most hotels dont state this on the policies info

• TimothyJ9's Profile Photo

by TimothyJ9 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

This city sounds very traditional. Is it a good place for a single Westerner to mingle and make friends?

3 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    • from syria

by sarahsan Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 12:18 AM

do you know how i can get to Diyarbakir from Aleppo

3 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • are you near SILVAN

by kathrose Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 11:24 AM

I am thinking of coming to stay in Diyarbakir and want to know if Silvan is very far from there.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • diyarbakir

by aysho Online Now Jun 27, 2004 at 12:44 PM

hi I have just joined this site,very informative,but is there anyone that can give me updated info about diyarbakir e.g.where u travelled from,where u stayed,all ur experiences actually, everything please.Will be very grateful as I plan on going end of this year( from holland) thanks aysho

2 Answers Oct 31, 2006 at 12:31 PM