Distrito de Viana do Castelo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferragudo v Alvor

Alvor 16 hours ago

having stayed in Ferragudo this summer there were certain aspects we enjoyed but found it a tad quiet ans small
      Is Alvor bigger and busier?

• lvoss's Profile Photo

How to see the island of Sao Jorge in the Azores

Ilha de São Jorge Yesterday

I will be flying from Terceira to Sao Jorge and spending two days there (in December.) What is the best way to see the island, especially off the beaten path? (Renting a car is not an option.) I'm also interested in getting a flavor of the way of life through the people, but I don't speak Portuguese. Can one hire a taxi with an English speaking driver for a reasonable amount? Are there some hidden gems that shouldn't be missed? Oh, and is there anywhere that I could see women quilting? I hear this island is known for their colorful quilts.

• lvoss's Profile Photo

Recommendations for a hotel or in on Sao Jorge island in The Azores?

Ilha de São Jorge Yesterday

Can anybody recommend a place to stay on Sao Jorge that is not modern? I want to experience the flavor of the island. A place that isn't too far from a town and with good views and perhaps a restaurant would be good. (I'm headed to The Azores for a week stay in December.)

• Any tips for visiting Porto and exploring the Douro please?

Porto Sep 14, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Does anyone have advice for us, a couple, exploring the Porto/Douro area for the first time?

• buying cider

Carvoeiro Oct 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM

can someone tell us if there is a supermarket like aldi or lidl to buy bottles of cider as we were there last month and the cider was very expensive as they didn't sell the 2 litre bottle like they do here thanks

• connections between Boston to Lisbon( beginning of May 2016)

Lisbon Sep 29, 2015 at 5:26 PM

American flies thru Philadelphia. United flies thru Newark
      I have always flown through international airports, and never connected in the states.
      1. Which airport is easier to navigate?
      2. Does my luggage check through, or do I need to retrieve it after the 1st flight and then check it to the 2nd leg?
      3. Is 2 hours enough to connect thru both these airports? or should I aim for 3 hours to be safe?
      4. Any pros/cons to either airport/airlines re: being on time. or whatever.

• Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Lisbon 5 to 6 days what are the must sees in and around?

Lisbon Sep 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We will be arriving mid morning Lisbon mid November and will have 5 1/2 days further to explore.
      Please provide a guide to pack the most in our short stay.

1) What are must sees in the city itself?
      2) What destinations outside the city are must visits and how long do we require in each?
      3) Do you recommend staying the night at any of these outlying areas?
      4) Any other tips you can offer

Thank You