Distrito de Setúbal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lisboa to la linea spain

Lisbon Nov 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

What is the cheapest way to go to La linea in Spain from Lisboa?

more
    • anaanes's Profile Photo

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro de Alcobaça?

Alcobaça Nov 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro de Alcobaça?

more
    • Marrano Jewish towns in Portugal

Portugal Nov 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

I recently got interested in Marrano / Converso Jewish history. I will be going to Portugal in May and would like to visit several of the major towns that "claim" or seem to have Marrano Jews.
      Has anyone been to these places and can share some info?
      Thank you.

more
    • Intercontinental Hotel; Rossio Garden Hotel

Lisbon Nov 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Is either of the above hotels anywhere near the Altis Grand? I think the first one was recently renamed the Intercontinental but I don't know what it was called before that.

more

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

Tomar Nov 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

more
    • 1 day in Ponte Delgada

Ponta Delgada Nov 4, 2014 at 9:20 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Ponte Delgada on November 6, 2014.
      i am arriving at 7 Am and was planning to rent a car for 27 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a roundtrip shuttle at 5 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at canadiano hotel and leaving ponte delgada on november 7, 2014 at 3 PM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 800 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

more

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro da Batalha?

Batalha Nov 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM

How much time is needed to visit Mosteiro da Batalha?

more
    • jgoncalo's Profile Photo

Porto - Montreal (2 Stops) - 16 year old minor

Porto Nov 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Hello. I'm flying from Porto to Montreal with 2 stops in Frankfurt and London Heathrow on December 17th. I'm 16 years-old, I have a Portuguese passport and I'm flying all alone! I've never flew alone in a flight with so many stops... the only time I flew alone was from Porto to Paris and it was quite simple (I didn't even need to go through passport control or anything).

• My flight from Porto to Frankfurt departs at 6AM and arrives at Frankfurt at 09H50 AM (Germany, GMT +1).
      • My second flight, departs from Frankfurt at 11AM and arrives in London at 11H45 AM.
      • My flight which will take me to my final destination departs from London at 1PM and arrives in Montreal at 3H25 PM.

All the connection flight are made at the same terminal. In Frankfurt it's in Terminal 1 and in London Heathrow it's in Terminal 2 and I only have 1h10-1h15. I'm flying with Lufthansa but London-Montreal is operated by Air Canada. I bought this fligh in a travel agency and I have a Lufthansa frequent flyer card.

I'm kinda nervous about having to do this, I've been on a flight with stops and connections so I'm a total beginner. Do I have enough time to connect between my flights? Where will I have to show my passport and go through security (since I've been told I don't need to go through customs from Porto to Frankfurt)? What if I lose a connection flight because of a delay or because I didn't have enough time to go through passport control and get to the gate? As a minor I'm quite nervous. Should I warn the flight attendant before I land in case I'm late for the next flight?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • deemoss's Profile Photo

Braga, Guimares or Geres (one night only)

Braga Nov 6, 2014 at 5:01 AM

hi I am surprising my partner on a holiday in portugal next summer, and have a day or max 2 to play around with north of Porto. I am thinking Guimares Geres or Braga? and I know two are cities and the other a town, however, I am finding it hard to choose which. My only concern is Geres is it very steep as partner not great with that stuff , thanks in Advance

more
    • planning my trip

Lisbon Nov 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi, im planning a 14 day trip starting from 17th nov. ! 1 week for lisbon & 1 Week for other European countries ( 3 days Spain, 2 days France & probably 1 day for Belgium)

Since Time will be crucial. I want to enjoy the max checkin out the coolest places & doing gud shopping. Can anyone guide me pls??
      Cheers

more
    • Wine Tour in Portugal

Portugal Nov 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Hello
      I'm going to Portugal next month. I took this decision because I have read several articles about Wine tourism in Portugal and I have good references. The Wine Spectator and Decanter magazine has fantastic information about Portuguese wines.
      I was advised to make my reservations on the site winetourismportugal.com that I consider very complete but I have a question, which region should I visit? Douro or Alentejo? My friends also spoke about Setubal region.
      Anyone help?

more
    • 1 day in Lisbon

Lisbon Nov 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Lisbon on November 7, 2014.
      i am arriving at 6 PM and was planning to rent a car for 15 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a metrop for less than 2 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at olissippo Marques Sa hotel and leaving Lisbon on november 8, 2014 at 11 AM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 1000 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

more
    • Frequency of 101 Bus

Almada Jul 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi. I found bus site earlier but now having trouble. Could you please give me link or tell me generally how often bus 101 runs in August on a Saturday and about how long it takes from Cacilhas to Cristo Rei? Thank you/obrigada.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • Bike hire Sesimbra

Sesimbra Jun 23, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I want to hire a quality road bike or mountain bike from 12 July to 23rd July.

Bike Iberia will hire me a bike OK but they need to deliver to a hotel or an address available 9am - 5pm 'there must be a Front Desk open all day long during normal business hours.' they dont deliver to a personal address (I am staying in rented accomodation at a personal address).

Is there anywhere in Sesimbra that I can use eg. hotel or shop address as a delivery and pick up address?

Or is there anywhere else that I can hire from?

Thank you

Julie

• Taxi from airport /Ferry to Lisbon/ Playgrond for Children

Costa de Caparica Jun 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM

I will be staying in a hotel at Cost da Caparica with my children in a couple of weeks.
      Do you have any idea about the cost for a taxi. Public transportation is not an option because of the time of arrival and traveling with two Children.

Can you give me any tips on playgrounds for the children?

I want tot visit Lisbon. I know there is a ferry that goes there. Is it better to take a taxi tot the ferry or can i get there by bus and what is the name of the busstop?

Yours sincerely, Sandy.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • wifi in Costa da Caparica hotel

Costa de Caparica Jun 14, 2014 at 4:39 AM

we are travelling to the Coasta da Capaprica Hotel for two weeks. Will prob die without internet connection!! When I booked the hotel said it was in every room. Does anyone know from experience is it as bad as I have read in reviews subsequently? :(

2 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 4:45 AM
    • algarve to lisbon

Costa de Caparica Jun 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM

hi, we are going to the algarve in sept and where thinking of staying in lisbon for 2 nights, but we were also recommended to stay in costa caprica. i was just looking to see whats the best way to get to lisbon from the algarve, train or bus and would we have to go to faro to get either or can we get to caprica by same mode of transport, any info would be appreciated?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • From the train station

Costa de Caparica May 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hello, I will be arriving at the Oriente train station and need to get to Costa de Caparica. I want to take the Metro and bus to save money. What metro line/stop should I take once I get on at Oriente? Thank you

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • bus to cascais

Sesimbra Apr 16, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Can I get a bus from Sesimbra to Cascais. Thanks

7 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    • fishermen in the evening?

Costa de Caparica Mar 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Hello,
      I will be in the next couple of days in Lisbon. Can you tell me at what time the fishermen are on the shore in the evening (or in the morning)? I would like to take some photos of them.

TIA

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • accommodation

Sesimbra Oct 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

hi. Can anyone recommend studio or apartment to rent for one week (late may. early june). On budget looking to pay 40 euros per night.

• sesimbra to meco beach

Sesimbra Sep 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM

how far & how can you get to meco beach from sesimbra?

2 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    • hotel costa da caparica

Almada Aug 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Does the bus to Costa da Caparica from Calcihas stop in front of the Hotel Costa da Caparica, or would we have to walk from the bus station to the Hotel on the beach?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 3:39 AM
    • sesimbra to lagos

Sesimbra Aug 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

is it possible to travel by public transport from sesimbra to lagos?

2 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • Help for transfer

Costa de Caparica Aug 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Hey guys,

we are going to stay a week in the hotel costa da caparica in a few days. How can we get from the airport of Lisboa to the hotel?Is there a cheap bus or train?And do we have to switch trains/buses or is it possible to get directly from airport to the hotel?
      I really hope you can help me :)

Kind regards
      Annie

3 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    • annase's Profile Photo

Snorkeling in Sesimbra

Sesimbra May 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Does anyone know what's snorkeling like in Sesimbra? I suspect the water's rather cool, what about the visibility? Anything interesting there to see underneath the surface?

3 Answers May 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    • DSwede's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Sesimbra Aug 15, 2011 at 4:31 AM

I've been told that the diving is good in and around Sesimbra.

Since I'll be working in Sines for a couple days before coming up to Lisbon, I figured it was perfect to stop in Sesimbra.

If anyone has any recommendations for diving agencies, I'd appreciate it. I'm traveling light so do not have any of my equipment with me.

3 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    • Bike rental in setubal

Setúbal Aug 5, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Is it a good idea to rent a bike in Setubal to see the main sightseeings? Anyone know a good address to rent a bike in Setubal (prices)?

I am going to stay for a few days in Setubal, and would also like to visit the Serra da Arrábida.

Geetings Aswin

2 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    • lisbon connection to tourist beach train costa da caparica

Costa de Caparica Jul 13, 2010 at 3:49 AM

can you tell me what the fastest connection is between lisbon centre and the small tourist beach train in costa da caparica

there does not seem te be a bus connection between the last bus stop in costa da caparica en the tourist beach train, we had to walk a mile or more!

1 Answer Jul 13, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    • gubbi1's Profile Photo

Name of bar?

Alcácer do Sal Jul 4, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Still on the hill when driving down to town you will pass a bar. It is maybe 400 meters away from the Pousada. Does anybody know the name of the place and do they have a web page? I have been there and enjoyed it very much. People were nice and joined my playing darts there. Much fun! Now I want to put the place on my page. Would be great if you could help me with the name.
      Thanks, Christian.

Here the rough position...
      maps.google.com/maps?q=38.37...

• alcochete outlet

Alcochete Aug 24, 2008 at 4:48 AM

how far is it from setubal trainstation to alcohete?
      How do I get there?

1 Answer Aug 24, 2008 at 6:34 AM
    • dezmondo's Profile Photo

Caparica in September

Costa de Caparica Jun 27, 2008 at 4:07 AM

Hi all,
      Another question!! We're self-catering in Caparica in late september (25-30th). we'll be doing day trips to Lisbon, Sintra, Belem etc but would also like to have some chilled out evenings in Caparica too. Does anyone know if there'll still be nightlife at that time of the year - restaurants, bars, etc - or will it be fairly quiet?

Thanks again

• dezmondo's Profile Photo

Airport to/from Caparica

Costa de Caparica Jun 25, 2008 at 7:41 AM

Hi All,

We're thinking of renting a place in Caparica in September. The only thing concerning me is getting there from the airport. What is the best option? The letting agent says a taxi from the airport to Caparica takes about 40mins and would cost €20-25, is this correct? Is there a bus/train direct from airport which goes to, or near Caparica?
      Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
      Dez

10 Answers Jun 30, 2008 at 3:54 AM
    • windpaard's Profile Photo

melides, alentejo, portugal

Melides Mar 31, 2008 at 2:30 AM

hello
      how can I reach melides from lisbon ,with the public transport?

alguem me pode informar como posso viajar a melides com transporte publico de setubal ou barreiro ou grandola?
      thanks,greetings,janu

1 Answer Mar 31, 2008 at 4:03 AM
    • Driving from Setubal to the Algarve

Distrito de Setúbal Mar 15, 2008 at 1:58 AM

Hi. We would like to holiday in the Setubal area this year as we think it could be a good place to purchase a holiday home but we normally go to the Algarve where the kids (3yrs & 2yrs) love the waterparks. We are worried there may not be enough to keep them occupied on the Lisbon Coast and so wonder how far/how long it would take to drive to say Lagoa in the Algarve, for a day at a waterpark? Also any ideas on things for young children more locally would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM
    • Taffi's Profile Photo

taxi TO costa de caparica

Costa de Caparica Jan 23, 2008 at 6:30 AM

Hello! Has anyone ever taken a taxi from *Lisbon airport* to *Costa da Caparica*? I was wondering how much this would cost me. It seems to be the only transport option as I will be arriving rather late with a toddler and a lot of luggage (well, hopefully!). Thank you

2 Answers Jan 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM
    • setubal to sines

Sines Jan 12, 2007 at 9:15 PM

How long does it take to drive from Setubel to Sines?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2007 at 7:29 AM
    • Dive Shops and Dive Conditions in Setubal

Caparica Jan 11, 2007 at 11:02 AM

I am a travel agent with clients going to Portugal. They'd like to dive in the Setubal area - advanced divers, would like reef, wreck and cavern/cave dives. Is this a good place to do it? Can you tell me what types of dives are available, water temp in June, clarity, etc.? Many thanks. Carol Zimring, Plaza Travel, Encino (Los Angeles). Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 14, 2007 at 7:41 AM
    • Dolphins in the Sado

Setúbal Aug 2, 2005 at 12:36 AM

Can anyone help? We would like to see some dolphins, but we cannot take a small boat, because of a bad back. Is there any other way to see them? From the ferry to Troia maybe?
      Thank you from Ennah

2 Answers Aug 2, 2005 at 5:54 AM
    • Antfra's Profile Photo

travest show?

Setúbal Oct 29, 2002 at 5:52 AM

Any club in city? i heard about, in rua antonio joaquim granjo street, ? thanks!