Distrito de Lisboa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inexpensive month rentals in this area

Cascais Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband and I want to spend the month of march 2015 in any area west of Lisbon or setubal. Our needs are simple one bedroom with kitchen, we explore a lot so easy access to park car. We currently spend four months in Vilamoura and should you need info feel free to contact us.

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Anywhere to leave luggage?

Cabo da Roca Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I will be going alone from Cascais to Sintra by bus 403 next Monday, carrying a suitcase. I would like to get off the bus at Cabo de Roca and stay there for one hour before the next bus arrives. Is there anywhere I can store/leave my luggage for that hour?

Greetings from Lena

more
    • How to get from Baixa to Mafra?

Mafra Mar 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hello there! we have booked a hotel at at avenida da liberdade – Baixa & would like to then go to Quinta dos Machados
      Estrada Nacional 8 Barras, Gradil Mafra. Can you suggest the quickest way? We will not be renting a car. Thanks

more
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Secret Pastelarias?

Lisbon Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I am going to Lisbon in May. I read somewhere that there are these secret bakeries that operate from night to early morning. I think they are called bolos da madrugada. Unfortunately, they seem to be very much you will find one if you know where it is. (Hence, secret... I know.)

While I am not sure if we will be out that late, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thanks.

more
    • Hotel choice

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Lisbon for a week in July.We have points we would like to use up for hotels.
      We can either do the Sheraton or Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza.
      What is the best choice?

more
    • kay0674's Profile Photo

To and from airport

Lisbon Yesterday

Best way to get to hotel from the airport. Bear in mind we are going on a 10 day cycling tour so will have cycling gear with us (large suitcases) but no bikes! Found one taxi service for 40 euros. Seemed a little high! Thanks.

more
    • Flights from DFW to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi, I'm beginning to plan my first trip to visit my granddaughter at Lajes and hope to spend a few days in the Lisbon area. Since I have plenty of time, but little money, I'm searching for the best flight deal from DFW, TX. Any advice will be appreciated.

more
    • Best ways to travel from Lisbon to Seville Spain

Lisbon Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

What has been found to be the most efficient way to get from Lisbon to Seville, Spain, if not renting an auto to drive yourself?

more
    • How to get from spain to lisbon? How long n how much?

Lisbon Mar 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get from spain to lisbon n how long it takes?

more
    • WildSong's Profile Photo

Buying Batteries - Double AA

Lisbon Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Ola,
      how easy is it to find Double AA batteries in Lisbon, and Lagos, Portugal?
      And are they expensive, or inexpensive, compared to Canada?
      or should I just bring a lot of batteries with me?
      James

more
    • Bairro Alto at night

Lisbon Mar 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am a female going to Lisbon alone, and I would really like to go to Bairro Alto to see the nightlife. I don't want to have to walk alone back to where I'm staying near Rossio Square - would it be easy for me to catch a taxi from Bairro Alto?

more
    • leics's Profile Photo

Airport transport.........

Lisbon Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I'll be in Lisbon the week after next, with a friend. It's been a while since I was there for the Euromeet and public transport has changed a bit since that time.

We'll be landing around 8.30pm and need to get to Restauradores. Aerobus 1 goes there directly or we can take the Metro which involves a change of line at S. Sebastiao.

Apart from the Metro being cheaper, is there any reason why we should choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance. :-)

more
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Secret Pastelarias?

Lisbon Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I am going to Lisbon in May. I read somewhere that there are these secret bakeries that operate from night to early morning. I think they are called bolos da madrugada. Unfortunately, they seem to be very much you will find one if you know where it is. (Hence, secret... I know.)

While I am not sure if we will be out that late, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thanks.

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Hotel choice

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Lisbon for a week in July.We have points we would like to use up for hotels.
      We can either do the Sheraton or Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza.
      What is the best choice?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Anywhere to leave luggage?

Cabo da Roca Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I will be going alone from Cascais to Sintra by bus 403 next Monday, carrying a suitcase. I would like to get off the bus at Cabo de Roca and stay there for one hour before the next bus arrives. Is there anywhere I can store/leave my luggage for that hour?

Greetings from Lena

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • leics's Profile Photo

Airport transport.........

Lisbon Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I'll be in Lisbon the week after next, with a friend. It's been a while since I was there for the Euromeet and public transport has changed a bit since that time.

We'll be landing around 8.30pm and need to get to Restauradores. Aerobus 1 goes there directly or we can take the Metro which involves a change of line at S. Sebastiao.

Apart from the Metro being cheaper, is there any reason why we should choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance. :-)

33 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Bairro Alto at night

Lisbon Mar 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am a female going to Lisbon alone, and I would really like to go to Bairro Alto to see the nightlife. I don't want to have to walk alone back to where I'm staying near Rossio Square - would it be easy for me to catch a taxi from Bairro Alto?

17 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Best ways to travel from Lisbon to Seville Spain

Lisbon Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

What has been found to be the most efficient way to get from Lisbon to Seville, Spain, if not renting an auto to drive yourself?

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Flights from DFW to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi, I'm beginning to plan my first trip to visit my granddaughter at Lajes and hope to spend a few days in the Lisbon area. Since I have plenty of time, but little money, I'm searching for the best flight deal from DFW, TX. Any advice will be appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • Inexpensive month rentals in this area

Cascais Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband and I want to spend the month of march 2015 in any area west of Lisbon or setubal. Our needs are simple one bedroom with kitchen, we explore a lot so easy access to park car. We currently spend four months in Vilamoura and should you need info feel free to contact us.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • How to get from spain to lisbon? How long n how much?

Lisbon Mar 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get from spain to lisbon n how long it takes?

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • How to get from Baixa to Mafra?

Mafra Mar 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hello there! we have booked a hotel at at avenida da liberdade – Baixa & would like to then go to Quinta dos Machados
      Estrada Nacional 8 Barras, Gradil Mafra. Can you suggest the quickest way? We will not be renting a car. Thanks

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • WildSong's Profile Photo

Buying Batteries - Double AA

Lisbon Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Ola,
      how easy is it to find Double AA batteries in Lisbon, and Lagos, Portugal?
      And are they expensive, or inexpensive, compared to Canada?
      or should I just bring a lot of batteries with me?
      James

13 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • DaveRowley's Profile Photo

things to do

Lisbon Mar 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

there next saturday 15th....any special events / celebrations to watch

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • GordanaK's Profile Photo

restaurant

Lisbon Mar 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I want you to suggest my the restaurant where I can eat tasty food, portuguese, not expensive too much, with good service and music!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • What to wear

Lisbon Mar 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

60 yr. olds traveling to Lisbon & Salema late August, early September. What should we pack?

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Getting from Cascais to Hard Rock Cafe in Lisbon by public transport.

Cascais Feb 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Is there a good way to get from Cascais to Hard Rock Cafe in Lisbon by train/ bus?

6 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

English or Spanish?

Lisbon Feb 27, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Last time I visited Portugal (6 years ago), I tried speaking Spanish on the street rather than English with the thought that some people would not speak English. Surprisingly people were not that polite and they did not really appreciate me speaking Spanish unlike people in Spain :) Do you think it is offensive to speak Spanish to Portuguese people? Should I stick to English?

19 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

City transport

Lisbon Feb 27, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Hi. I will be visiting Lisboa next week. From what I understand, it is not a very walking friendly city due to hills. Do you recommend to buy the day ticket every day for sightseeing? And what would be the cost of metro from the airport to city center? One final question: do you recommend to take a train or bus to Sintra? Obrigado!

7 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • Beaches Ericeria

Ericeira Feb 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Are there any sandy beaches that are suitable for swimming, ( safer than the surf beaches) and do all the beaches have lifeguards?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Best way to get to Jerez De La Frontera Spain from Sintra Portugal

Sintra Feb 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Best way to get to Jerez De La Frontera Spain from Sintra Portugal..Bus? And where can I look up timetable and cost? Thankyou in advance

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Sun set at Cabo da Roca

Cabo da Roca Jan 31, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I will arrive at TERMINAL1 LISBON In'tl airport,1245 15th MAY.

And I want to see the beautiful Sun set at Cabo da Roca.

Is it possible? And how can I get there by train?

2 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • hang's Profile Photo

budget hotel in Lisbon with free parking

Lisbon Jan 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I look for one budget hotel ( about 50eur) in Lisbon wit free park place or garage
      thx
      hang

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Changing currency

Lisbon Jan 27, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Next week I am in Lisbon, and wonder is it best to change GBP to EUR in Lisbon, what is the rate? Are banks better than currency exchanges? Do they have Bureaux de change/cambio..in Central Lisbon? I will be shopping around this week, and see what Thomas Cook, The Post Office, Marks and Spencer have to offer. I will be taking about £200/220Euro, which may affect which is the best place to go.
      Obrigado/ Thank you

9 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • lisbon to santarem to fatima by bus

Lisbon Jan 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM

can I take a bus to Fatima that stops in Santarem on the way? If so how much time can I have to do a short tour of Santarem before continuing to Fatima?

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Safety and family

Cascais Jan 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Is cascais a safe place for a young family? Are schools good?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

cruise ships

Lisbon Jan 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Is there a lot of cruise ships docking in lisbon? if so, is there certain days that they are there ?is there a websites i can go to see how many ships on any given day?just trying to schedule my days s o that there is not all the cruisers in town,,,thx

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • lisbon shore excursion

Lisbon Jan 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Hello, my friends and family will be taking the Costal Serena cruise from Jan 27 to Feb 8. On Feb 3, we will arrive at the Lisbona port and have a whole day for sight seeing from 9:00 am till midnight. Would like to know what the weather is like. How should we travel and do sightseeing. My parents are in the 70s. We were told the off shore excursion provided by the Cruise is expensive and at times not too good.

Hope to hear your comments

7 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • Atreyung's Profile Photo

Hoping to find some nice beaches

Sintra Jan 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Lisbon somewhere in March or April.
      Normally I was about to visit Sintra as a day trip but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to stay for one or two nights. Like that I have time to wander around.

I 'm fund of beaches and especially rough ones (rocks, big waves, windy, not a lot of people ...)
      Are there any in the neighborhood. I'm willing to do some hiking or rent a bike if necessary.

Thanks a lot

9 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

lisbon malaga marseille genoa civitavecchia valencia gibralta

Lisbon Jan 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM

i would like to meet vt members in any of these stops on my cruise, any chance meet for coffe and chat?

1 Answer Jan 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Short stay

Lisbon Dec 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I am planning my next trip, and have for a while been wanting to visit Lisbon. I like the little trams and want to ride on them, as well as take in the scenery, culture and history. I am also hoping if any VT members are living or visiting Lisboa, would they like to meet up for a coffee, beer or lunch. As I work for the railway I would like to know if I can travel to Porto by fast train & back in a day. If not then this will be another visit. Obrigado (thanks)
      Jonathan

12 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Name and place of the statue

Lisbon Dec 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have a photo I took in Lisbon in 1964 and I cannot identify where it is. It is a statue in the middle of a roundabout, and it is NOT a tall column and NOT an equestrian statue. Can anyone tell me what it is, and if it is still there?

cdn3.vtourist.com/4/6923789-...

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM