change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hannette's Profile Photo

3 day visit to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2015 at 4:25 AM

What to do & not do in a 3 day visit to Lisboa?
      Obrigado!

more
    • Overnight Parking in Cascais

Cascais Mar 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM

We are considering a property near central Cascais for five nights in September, but it does not have parking. The owner says public parking is available all around the property. I'm a bit nervous about security and availability and cost too. Can someone please give me some advise? Thank you.

more
    • Iris2680's Profile Photo

Driving from Lisbon to Southern spain on a 9 days trip

Lisbon Mar 29, 2015 at 8:53 AM

We are flying to Lisbon and intends to rent a car from Lisbon airport. After 3 days, we will drive to Seville, then to Cordoba,Granada and finally Malaga where we will fly off from Malaga airport.
      1) Will there be any difficult issues we would face if we rent a car from Lisbon to drive into Southern spain?
      2) Is it true that the toll charges in Portugal are very high?
      3) Any advice on hotels we should be staying if we are driving? Is it really very difficult to park if we intend to stay in the city center?
      4) Any recommendation of a reliable car rental company from Lisbon? Does the rented car come with GPS in English language?
      Any other tips/advice on driving from Lisbon to Southern spain is much appreciated.

more

Popular Distrito de Lisboa Travel Answer Locations

• Iris2680's Profile Photo

Driving from Lisbon to Southern spain on a 9 days trip

Lisbon Mar 29, 2015 at 8:53 AM

We are flying to Lisbon and intends to rent a car from Lisbon airport. After 3 days, we will drive to Seville, then to Cordoba,Granada and finally Malaga where we will fly off from Malaga airport.
      1) Will there be any difficult issues we would face if we rent a car from Lisbon to drive into Southern spain?
      2) Is it true that the toll charges in Portugal are very high?
      3) Any advice on hotels we should be staying if we are driving? Is it really very difficult to park if we intend to stay in the city center?
      4) Any recommendation of a reliable car rental company from Lisbon? Does the rented car come with GPS in English language?
      Any other tips/advice on driving from Lisbon to Southern spain is much appreciated.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 7:51 AM
    • hannette's Profile Photo

3 day visit to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2015 at 4:25 AM

What to do & not do in a 3 day visit to Lisboa?
      Obrigado!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM
    • Overnight Parking in Cascais

Cascais Mar 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM

We are considering a property near central Cascais for five nights in September, but it does not have parking. The owner says public parking is available all around the property. I'm a bit nervous about security and availability and cost too. Can someone please give me some advise? Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Local restaurants for Portugal

Lisbon Mar 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Well thanks to all who gave me some excellent choices regarding hotels. Managed to get a great little hotel and a car rental. Have some idea of things we SHOULD see and hopefully there will be others. My next area that could use some suggestions is local restaurants and or bar/restaurants. We would like to go to some small (but not necessary) local restaurants to get a sample of the local flavor and culture. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks again
      Rick M

10 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    • clothes for march 19 to the 29th

Lisbon Mar 6, 2015 at 1:17 PM

good shoes a must but what weight of clothing for this time of year/?

8 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hotels in Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Was looking for a hotel for at least 3 nights in Lisbon at the end of May. I noticed the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon on line and looked quite nice. However it looked like it may be away from the sights. Don't mind walking or taking local transportation. Maybe there are others closer to the action (sights).
      If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. In the area of 150 E per night would be good.. That's around 200$ Canadian.

again thanks
      Rick M

10 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Is Sintra worth a visit?

Lisbon Mar 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Coming to Portugal for a couple of weeks in May/June and will be landing in Lisbon. Is Sintra worth a day visit or longer? Will have a rental when we head south but did not want to rent one in Lisbon.

Any other suggestions for visits along the way to Faro?

r

14 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 3:25 AM
    • destinations - 8 hours ??

Lisbon Feb 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Here are the destinations I plan to cover in 7 hours. Might be the lisboa people could help me plan better if I missed any??

Castle of S. Jorge, Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo, 1100-129 Lisboa,
      Igreja de São Domingos, Largo São Domingos,
      Carmo Convent,
      Santa Justa Lift, Rua
      Chiado Museum
      Tapada das Necessidades, Portugal
      Basílica da Estrela, Praça da Estrela,
      Palácio Nacional da Ajuda
      Jerónimos Monastery,
      Belém Tower, Avenida Brasíli

27 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • Lisbon airport - city centre?

Lisbon Feb 25, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hi, How to reach from airport to city centre and I plan to walk through the destinations in the city centre and reach belem tower last probably by evening.

From Belem , how do I reach to oriente bus station?

5 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 4:48 AM
    • A day in Lisbon..

Lisbon Feb 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM

Please let me know the best places to go for a day at Lisbon? I love architecture,culture .. Not much of a person who enjoys museums..Thanks in advance

6 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    • bridges tour

Lisbon Feb 23, 2015 at 11:34 PM

I will be in Lisbon in the midle of April. I would like to take a trip to the other side of Tajo river passing by Vasco Da Gama bridge and return By 25 of April bridge. Are they a bus who made this itinerary or I have to rent a car?
      Thanks in advance
      Voicu

7 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 2:02 PM
    • staying near university area

Lisbon Feb 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Hi all!
      Going to study at University of Lisbon later this year, and trying to figure out where to live. Does anyone know the area of Cidade Universitaria? Is it a nice area to live? Or, are there other other neighborhoods that are not far from the university (walking distance or short commute) that are preferable?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • tuti_plaate's Profile Photo

painting workshops?

Lisbon Feb 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I am planning a budget trip to Lisbon late august into september. I am an hobby-ist painter and would like to try and join a painting class or workshop for starting painters. Have surfed the net for information, and most workshops I found are expensive and all inclusive vacations. Is there an art school or some kind of center that has like summer classes or introduction classes for locals, and where foreigners would be welcome to join? I paint with water colours and acrylic colors but would appreciate some insight into using other mediums like charcoal, crayons, chalk. Since I do not read portuguese well, it is hard to search effectively.

6 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • magic_jersey's Profile Photo

First time to visit Lisbon May 5-7 (tentative)

Lisbon Jan 27, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi there, I will be visiting Lisbon (tentative dates, May 5-7) for the first time. I need advise/suggestions for my planned itineraries.
      1 - Is it possible to see Fatima too? what is the best way? on a tour group? or on my own?
      2 - What is the best way to see places? sightseeing bus? or on my own?

FYI. For a solo traveller.

cheers,

5 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM
    • lisbon area

Lisbon Jan 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM

what do you think about staying anjos area? in av almirante reis or in rua da emenda?
      As a young student and a girl which one would you recommand me and why please

7 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM
    • Tour with dog

Lisbon Jan 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know a tour operator who allows small dogs on their tours?

Thanks

• Blakium's Profile Photo

Sintra / Fatima trips

Lisbon Jan 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM

hello, i'm going to Lisbon in June, and i'd like to know if its good to make trip reservations through Viator.com for the Tagus sunset cruise or Sintra and Fatima trips.
      or what is the best way to make trips reservations, is it better to make it online? or wait till i'm in lisbon and make it at a tourist office?
      Thank you

13 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    • Anyone time free tomorrow (tuesday afternoon/evening) in Lisbon?

Lisbon Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Lisbon tomorrow, is there anyone who wants to show me around a bit? Not looking for a touristic tour or anything, just to visit some nice places and nice people and have a bite and some drinks :)

I have a car available and will stay in the Lost Inn Hostel. I'm very passionate about cooking and restaurants so if you feel like going out for a nice dinner I would totally be up for that. I can't afford to pay for everything but a couple of drinks will definitely be on me! I'll be there around 17:00/18:00 local time :)

About myself: 28, Netherlands, working man, visiting a friend near Faro for a couple of days.

Let me know if you feel like it!

• Traveling alone

Lisbon Dec 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I am a black female looking to travel to Lisbon alone. Would you say it is safe for me to do so??

10 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Information required for this city

Lisbon Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I last visited Lisbon over 30 years ago so it would have changed dramatically.
      1. I would like to get from the airport to a hotel in Lisbon city centre by train or bus. Which one do you recommend and what are the costs?
      2. I am looking for a decent three star hotel, comfortable but as we will be out and about all the time a clean hotel for sleeping. Can you recommend a reasonably priced one that enable my wife and I to get around.
      3. I have heard that the areas across the Tagus are dirty and rundown as well as the ferries. Is this the case or not? I remember going across the river and eating at some very nice restaurants. Is it recommended to visit this area or not?
      4. I am taking the overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid. How far is the main train station from the city centre?
      5. When is the best time to book this train and what are the costs of tickets? We will be visiting Lisbon inlate September 2015.

13 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • Intercontinental Hotel; Rossio Garden Hotel

Lisbon Nov 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Is either of the above hotels anywhere near the Altis Grand? I think the first one was recently renamed the Intercontinental but I don't know what it was called before that.

4 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • Lisboa to la linea spain

Lisbon Nov 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

What is the cheapest way to go to La linea in Spain from Lisboa?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • planning my trip

Lisbon Nov 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi, im planning a 14 day trip starting from 17th nov. ! 1 week for lisbon & 1 Week for other European countries ( 3 days Spain, 2 days France & probably 1 day for Belgium)

Since Time will be crucial. I want to enjoy the max checkin out the coolest places & doing gud shopping. Can anyone guide me pls??
      Cheers

12 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • 1 day in Lisbon

Lisbon Nov 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Lisbon on November 7, 2014.
      i am arriving at 6 PM and was planning to rent a car for 15 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a metrop for less than 2 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at olissippo Marques Sa hotel and leaving Lisbon on november 8, 2014 at 11 AM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 1000 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

21 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Romantic restaurant

Ericeira Oct 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Hi friends.

My and my girlfriend are staying in Ericeira for a night, to celebrate a special date for us.

Do you know of any romantic restaurant we can go for dinner on this special occasion?

Thanks in advance,
      José

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Lisbon to Santiago De Compostela

Lisbon Sep 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm looking for train transportation from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela next month
      Can someone help me?
      Thank you !!

6 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • Lisbon and surroundings

Lisbon Sep 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Hi could anybody give me suggestions about what to do in Lisbon? I mean something typical, not just a standard tour of the city.
      Any good hostel or cheap hotel with good location to reccomend?
      What are the best places to visit in the surroundings? I was reading about excursion on the coastline or to the park arrabida.

Thanks in advance for your help
      Loredana

12 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • estoril circuit

Estoril Sep 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Can you get public transport to estoril circuit?

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM
    • beamer4fun's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

Lisbon Sep 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Greetings fellow Vts, I'll be in Lisbon on New Years Eve and would like advice on parties, events, and dos & don'ts while I'm there.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • travel from ship to airport

Lisbon Sep 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM

we are flying out of lisbon september 24, at 8 AM. it is the final destination on our cruise. what time should we leave the ship in order to catch our flight and what is the most economical way to do this? i assume we need to disembark at 5AM. help!

5 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 2:07 AM