Distrito de Leiria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taking up sport

São Martinho do Porto Apr 7, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi I am 25 year old male who is spending the Summer in Sao Martinho do Porto. I really enjoy sport particularly Ruby, Football - really any team sport and badminton. Can you suggest any clubs that I can join to meet people whilst I am there.
      Many thanks
      Ben

more
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

monasteries

Alcobaça Mar 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I would like to go to alcobaca(from lisbon) then to batalha and will stay the night in tomar.I looked up buses between alcobaca and batalha on RODO but couldn't find a answer.Can anyone help?

thank you,
      linda

more
    • Taking up sport

São Martinho do Porto Apr 7, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi I am 25 year old male who is spending the Summer in Sao Martinho do Porto. I really enjoy sport particularly Ruby, Football - really any team sport and badminton. Can you suggest any clubs that I can join to meet people whilst I am there.
      Many thanks
      Ben

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

monasteries

Alcobaça Mar 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I would like to go to alcobaca(from lisbon) then to batalha and will stay the night in tomar.I looked up buses between alcobaca and batalha on RODO but couldn't find a answer.Can anyone help?

thank you,
      linda

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • How do you get to SMP from Porto by train/taxi/bus? How long does it take? Is it easy to do?

São Martinho do Porto Mar 10, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Hi,

We are staying in Porto for a few days then looking for a nice beach area to stay for 9 days after.

With my wife and 3 year old.

Happy to get the train or similar if doesn't take all day. 

Is it is easy to do from Porto? Or if very hard where else could anyone suggest?

Thanks for your help,

Jon

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 4:18 AM
    • distance to sao martinho do porto

Salir de Porto Jan 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

can you walk from salir do porto to sao martinho do porto?

1 Answer Jan 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM
    • renting a boat to see big wave surfing

Nazaré Jan 23, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Who should we contact if we would like to see big wave surfing at Nazaré or Peniche, from a boat?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Our Lady of Nazare Festival

Nazaré Jan 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM

We are planning a trip to Portugal in September and would love to witness the procession. Does this happen on a particular date? Is it best to get there a day before, or stay a day or two? Looking for suggestions, thanks!

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Natalia Fierro

Óbidos Jan 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM

There is a ceramic shop on the main street that had Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph on a motorcycle and another one playing the piano. Would you know the name of the shop and if I can order on line. Would love to buy one. Thank you

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • bus timtables

Óbidos Dec 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Are there any buses from obidos to peniche?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • getting to the beach

Óbidos Nov 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM

how far is it to get to a beach from obidos. Is it cheap and easy to get a taxi or are there lots of local buses?

1 Answer Nov 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    • Getting to Obidos

São Martinho do Porto Nov 13, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Is it possible to get from São Martinho do Porto to Obidos on public transport in December
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • Bicycle between São Martinho do Porto and Nazare?

São Martinho do Porto Jul 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Is bicycling between São Martinho do Porto and Nazare possible? Is there much traffic? Hills? Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    • No Title

Óbidos Jul 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM

How get to Sintra from Obidos?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • transaction

Óbidos Jul 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM

how get to sintra from obidos? by bus or train?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • buy linnen in Nazaré

Nazaré Jun 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Where can I buy linnen in Nazaré (towels for the bathroom and sheets for the bed)? can I find this on the 'mercado municipal' & if so: is this every day or only on a specific day? Thank you

2 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • surf school

Peniche Jun 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Hi, is there more than one surfschool in Peniche and if so, what is the best choice, and why?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    • ThomasHare's Profile Photo

Accomodation

Ilha da Berlenga May 24, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Hello everyone.
      Is there any camp right on the island ? Or we have to use camps on the land in Peniche ?
      Thank you for answer.

1 Answer May 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • Abbeythekat's Profile Photo

The Ladies at the bus stops

Nazaré May 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I've decided that Nazare looks like a wonderful place to stop and relax in after I finish the Camino.
      However, I don't want to book ahead as I'm not sure when I will be finishing.

I have heard of the Ladies that are at the bus stop and will offer rooms/houses for rent to people getting off the bus.

Can anyone give me some advise in this?
      Is it safe for a single women to go with them?
      Do you haggle over the price? Do you pay up front or at the end?
      How do you know what kind of place you will be going to?
      I am wanting a private room and place to relax for a few days....will this be the best option for me?

Sorry for all the questions :-)

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • JimW58's Profile Photo

Fishing charters

Peniche Mar 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM

We have a group going to Peniche in September. Are there any fishing charters and how do you arrange for therm in advance?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2013 at 4:11 AM
    • Golf

São Martinho do Porto Jan 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I'm looking for somewhere to retire that isn't as busy as the obvious tourist areas does Sao martinho have any golf?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • how is Nightlife in Baleal?

Baleal May 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

hi i'm planning on going on a surfing trip to baleal end october-november, does anybody know any good clubs/bars? Any tips for places to go, events ect.

• holiday

Praia da Vieira May 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

what is the night life like

1 Answer May 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    • Airport to Peniche

Peniche Apr 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hello - my Son will be arriving in Lisbon Airport at about 20.00 hrs next Sat 28th and needs to get to his Hotel in Peniche. I understand that he will have missed the last Bus? What are his options? He is on a limited Budget!
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • what type of clams is Ameijoas a Bulhao Pato made with?

Nazaré Oct 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Can anyone tell me what type of clams Ameijoas a Bulhao Pato is made with??

7 Answers Oct 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM
    • Sea fog in July?

São Martinho do Porto Sep 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM

We visited SMP for the first time in the last 2 weeks in August 2010 - grandparents, parents, and grandchildren. We all fell in love with SMP and are planning a return visit in 2012. But I have to say that our first week in 2010 was marred a little bit by the morning sea fog; it burned off by noon but it did mean that the water in the pool was a bit cool!

So, my question is, does the sea fog occur every year? Is it only in August? Would we be better to come end/July or the beginning of August (we're tied to school holidays). Any advice gratefully received!

1 Answer Sep 25, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    • Fishing

Peniche Jul 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Hi, we'll be in Peniche in mid August and am looking to go game fishing for a day (or half day). Anyone got any contacts of information which will help? Mark

1 Answer Jul 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    • pet in Berlanga

Ilha da Berlenga Jul 6, 2011 at 3:53 AM

does anyone know if pets are allowed in Berlanga? i've got a little dog, and I'd like to visit the island. Thank u!

1 Answer Jul 6, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    • Peniche

Peniche Jul 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Staying in Peniche for 3 nights in September. Can anyone recommend a nice accommodation/hotel/b.b. in the town, not near the beech as there are mostly young surfers staying there. We would prefer to stay in the town itself

3 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    • holiday in peniche

Peniche May 27, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Going to the Silver Coast in August September. Like to find out where my husband and I can stay in Peniche TOWN that is reasonable

2 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    • Douro Valley tour

Douro Oct 29, 2010 at 3:29 AM

My wife and I frequently travel by car from UK to southern Spain (Granada area) and would like to do a combined train/boat trip on the Douro river. Unfortunately most of the trips start and finish in Porto. We want to travel from Spain (ideally somewhere on the Spanish Douro)to Porto and return to Spain.
      Any suggestions please?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2010 at 5:20 AM
    • CarolMcLoughlin's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Peniche Jul 14, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Hi,
      Read your page, do you have an e-mail address for Restaurante Popular in Peniche as I am unable to connect to them on the web site you have on your page.

Carol

1 Answer Jul 14, 2010 at 2:40 AM